Steel Baron: HMS Barham

It would be good. Probably well suited for Academy. I know there are a few ships I know how to deal with on sight and others I have no idea about. A thread to ask and discuss would be good

this is where im aiming. this is 6 inch at 12km

The Marat and Paris Kommuna sit ridiculously low in the water and I have no idea if its historical or not but that would be a first for a ship that has the right draft. Also they seem to refuse to detonate from the barbette’s being destroyed or fires like other ships, again not sure what thats about.

I have the consistent luck of hitting the deadspace between the turrets and secondary shell storage at the waterline. Also doesn’t help that all the British cruisers are incredibly easy to HE spam to death in 30 seconds with just the Moffets 4 5"/38’s let alone Atlanta’s 7 per broadside.

I will try and aim lower.

This may be somewhat realistic. After they got destroyed by the japanese they realised the Japanese were smashing them with HE and their ships were destroyed by it. As a result the new battleship designs were specificaly made to not burn. this is why they dont have superstructures or clutter on their decks like their peers.

1 Like

At 12km im rather at the mercy of shell spread, at least in somethin like Hood or Belfast, but that is roughly where I aim. But Whilst I get the odd ammo det. It doesnt necessarily mean a kill. I find it able to absorb abuse far more than most

i really only have accuracy issues with 15’s Belfast is super accurate as are most the brit destroyers and cruiser. having all the trees i think the brits are easily the most accurate except those stated above.

Yeah, they probably are. But nonetheless 12km is pushing their range a bit. I often prefer fighting well within 10km if I can. (though that is probably as much a part of lack of practice. I enjoy naval, but only the odd game now and then, its not like Air Sim where I could sit and play it for a few hours)

Though the volume of fire that something like an Atlanta can put down range somewhat mitigates any lack of accuracy

shot 2024.09.07 07.34.40

doesnt get much tighter a grouping then that. thats 10 out of 12 shots on target to hit the turret at almost 12km. I love my brit cruisers

Hey @Stona_WT I would like to say I do not agree with this mechanic. I worked my butt off to capture all 3 points and got zero points, RP or SL. It is not my fault that the only feasible way to get to the lower capture point is to use a coastal vessel, and the only fast one I have cannot do any damage to the enemy boats that were in the match. So, I snuck around and captured points instead. This doesn’t happen in ground or air battles. It shouldn’t happen in Naval either:
Replay link: Gaijin Entertainment - Single Sign On

5 Likes

Then delete the entirety of the German, Japanese, french and Italian navies from the game and a good chunk of both the US and British Navies.

You ready to stop spamming the tragic video? I think people got the point.

Barham sinking has nothing to do with the configuration she is shown in, like its almost a 30 year difference.

It also has nothing to do with Gaijin.

If Barham had been refitted I’d agree its possibly bad taste.

Bottom line, its a military vehicle game, military vehicles explode, Gaijin have actually been quite good in that it has nothing to do with the configuration in which she exploded.

2 Likes

For US Navy they could probably just change the name of the ship and some minor details and call it a day

You are the only one with the issues here.

Could Gaijin better acknowledge the history and fate of ships added to the game? Maybe

But I think its better to add a ship like HMS Barham as an event, a ship that would likely never have been added to the game anywhere else. Than to not add it at all.

Few may have heard of HMS Barham before this event and that honours the crew more than pretending the ship never existed

3 Likes

Spamming a video of a tragic event is simply not acceptable. We understand this is a historical video, but it has no place on our forum.

Action has been taken on those continuing to post this morbid video.

11 Likes

138.000 score points equals to almost 2.5 stages. But how many stages have you done at the time of your comment?

At this very moment, 182,000!

My goal is to get the coupon to sell it, in order to earn some GJCs so I can spend some form of capital on War Thunder, hahah.

I hope this one sells at least for 40 GJCs! The Iranian F-14 sells for 70, but I couldn’t grind that one :(

2 Likes

Now you’re at 4 stages, too bad the event is capped, so you can’t progress any further than 45K every 2 days on the stages. :(

2 Likes

Indeed :(

I am trying to grind as hard as I can these early days, so that, even if I need to slow down later, I won’t miss the coupon. At least the coupon score points are not capped, hahah.

3 Likes

Honestly, while I get that mechanic exists, I wish it weren’t a “per 2 days” thing, but a “in your own time thing” - sometimes I have loads of time to play (as I’m not on shift or other) but other times I genuinely don’t have any time

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be a great change. Some days Im in the mood, others im not. and when Im not its such a grind. But when im in the mood for naval. I could probably do 3 or 4 tokens back to back without even thinking about it

2 Likes