Squadron vehicles: T-90 Bhishma

If the UK tree is getting Indian vehicles, depending on how far Gaijin is going with it (like sub-tree levels), it makes sense for the tree to receive a T-90S that India currently builds and is upgrading on its own. It also has it’s own unique ammo that India has produced, the FSAPDS MK-I and MK-II and will receive upgrades to differentiate it from the Russian export T-90S. If it’s just an Indian vehicle here and there then they could’ve picked something else.

One thing to note is just because the UK tree is getting one doesn’t mean the Russia tree won’t get one in the future. They will probably get a T-90S that will be foldered with the regular T-90A since they use it and offer it as export.

Overall, modern vehicles are going to be spread out through new/different trees. If you all want a Polish Tree, they’re getting Leopard 2A5’s, 2A4’s, and T-72M1’s, want a Turkish tree, they’re getting Leopard 2’s, M60’s, etc. There’s going to be a continual mix of East and West technology.

1 Like

Only looks hopefully, imagine mines in WT XD pure cancer.

Yeah as it stands rn it will most like only get access to the 3BM42. The missing IR dazzlers and extra ERA on the turret cheeks are a + tho

It has two APFSDS-T rounds it could get, FSAPDS MK-I and MK-II. IF the images leaking around are true and its 10.7 it will likely get them or at least one of them

petition to make this the official nickname for the new T-90
  • yes
  • YES!!!
0 voters
2 Likes

Hopefully, as long as it’s not a complete copypasta it’s a pretty noice addition

I’m not sure exactly what rounds India uses on its T-90, but I assume standard Russian ammo was also delivered, and the Israeli M711/8 is reportedly also used by India, which should be its most modern and thus capable ammo.
IIRC the indigenous APFSDS India developed at the time were quite horrible, which if true I hope they won’t come to War Thunder, or at least give Gaijin no excuse but to give it a stock APFSDS.

India’s innovation in ammo is far more apparent for its unfortunately failed rifled 120mm armed Arjunk. The PCB round is truly awe inspiring:

Su-30MKI is an India project unconnected from Russia, so it’s not a Russian aircraft.
Su-30SM is the Russian project for a thrust vectoring Su-30.

It would be a unique add with it’s I-Derby ER’s and many other armaments.

This is a balanced take, up to the extent that the Polish, Turkish, and other Sub-trees if/when they come, will make sense.

India being in the UK tree does not make sense. India should be on its own, or in an India+ASEAN tree.

1 Like

I suspect they would want to use India’s indigenous 125mm ammo vice the Israeli M711/8 but you never know.

As for the Arjun, I wouldn’t doubt to see both variants (maybe even the Tank Ex/Karna and Ajeya-series) after the Vickers Mk. 7 if Gaijin’s plans are to further integrate India into the game.

2 Likes

India does not have enough vehicles for its own tree. India has several gaps in the tree as well as significantly relies on artillery which has a no mission other than direct fire which are glorified glass cannons that are a hit or miss. As for creating trees, this has been attempted many times (as well as myself making a tree) with the same results.

It doesn’t make sense to combine them with ASEAN either as its not a member nor does it have much more than economic relations with the bloc. If it had strong military relations to the bloc like how the Visegrad Group is it would be different.

I really like India don’t get me wrong and would rather it be implemented differently but it’s almost guaranteed it will be mixed in with the UK and SA.

1 Like

So long as its only added where there are no other options, especially native options and is added equally with other commonwealth nations, then it should be fine. My concern is that britain wont see any native vehicles for a while and we’ll just get a load of stuff from other nations instead, which would be really bad in my opinion

1 Like

I completely agree. There are SEVERAL light vehicles missing from the tree. From the rest of the CVR(T) family, to the Fox or Saladin, to the Ajax, there’s so many. That’s not including tank destroyers and SPAA like the Tracked Rapier, etc.

1 Like

Yep, i fear thaf we’ll see an entire indian tree before we see any of those

1 Like

Yeah, especially since they’ve been “in the works” for several years now. I’d like to see the FV120 Spartan MCT as well since the only two real TD’s we have is the ZT3A2 and Striker.

Id quite like Scorpion

Absolutely, a fast vehicle with a nasty little HESH round seems fun. My honest top right now is the AJAX because the tree really needs a light AFV similar to the CV90 to make top rank a bit more diverse. We’ll see what happens unfortunately.

Yeah, i also think canada had a 90mm version? So thats extra teeth and commonwealth requirment all in one

Su-30MKI is absolutely a Russian project. Su-30SM is just the RuAF designation for the Su-30MKI.

The first 18 Su-30K, and 32 Su-30MKI delivered to India were completely Russian manufactured and assembled.

India signed a production license in 2000 to produce 140 Su-30MKI, but they would only produce the engines, aircraft systems and avionics. The fuselage and control surfaces, as well as the BARS radar are all Russian in origin. Assembly is completed in both HAL Nasik for the fuselage kits supplied by Russia, and HAL’s Korput plant for the AL-31FP engines, again built from Russian supplied kits.

In 2007 India requested 18 Russian built Su-30MKI’s from the Irkut factory to replace the Su-30K’s they initially bought. As of 2015, they had assembled 150 kits from Russia, and had 200 total airframes, all originating in manufacture in Russia.

Russia likes to test new ideas on export models as it’s an economical way to test features and refine the design into something more affordable domestically. All the work done on the Su-27MK, Su-30K, Su-30MK, Su-30MKK, Su-30MKM, Su-30MKI(A) led to a refined design that would become the Su-30SM. If you look at the major differences (things like domestically produced landing gear not considered) the major differences between the variants is consumer-selected avionic and electronic gear. Malaysia for example on their MKM have a SAAB assembled LWR and a Thales Damocles pod.

You can read in even greater detail about all of this in Hugh Harkin’s 2016 book: “Sukhoi Su-30 Super-Maneuverable Family”.

Also, theoretical testing of Thrust Vectoring Control (TVC) began in 1983, with bench-testing for a TVC Saturn engine beginning in 1987, and in a working flight model on an Su-27, designated Su-27UB-PS, and given the fuselage color and number “Blue 08” in 1989. The first truly TVC Sukhoi was actually an Su-35 with TVC engines installed, this would later be known as the Su-37 (T10M-11, the test production number).

You can read more about the extensive history of Thrust Vectoring Control in the Sukhoi from Yefim Gordon and Peter Davison’s short Warbird Tech volume #42, “Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker” if you’d like to know more.

2 Likes