Spitfires are literally untouchable. You should do something to balance it out, because it's getting out of hand

Lol people wouldn’t last a day in tournament series, where people use full real controls too their full advantage and whoop anyone who isn’t using them.

This is a fair point- the game is not level, as far as playing fields go. Thanks to a variety of reasons and factors, it’s simply the truth. A vehicle is not necessarily better because it best you once it twice-or even twenty times, especially when it’s piloted by a player more skilled than you.

Are the Spitfires good? Yes. Are they also generally piloted by higher skill players thanks to being in a minor nation tech tree? Yes.

Are the Zeros good? Yes. Are they also generally piloted by higher skill players thanks to being in a minor tech tree? Yes, with the exception of the A6M5 Ko since it’s a readily available premium (and a cheap one for its rank and BR).

Are the P-51s good? Yes. Are they also generally piloted by lower skill, newer players thanks to being in a minor tech tree? Yes. Which of course, is going to affect the outcome of the battle. A P-51 is able to readily out speed a spitfire, but players may not yet have learned about energy fighting, and instead engage in a turn fight.

The whole point of this is more it’s the pilot not the plane, particularly at low tier where there are no missiles or anything like that.

2 Likes

Funny thing is when I saw this I had just woken up not 3 minutes before. I immediately thought about that 😂

3 Likes

I love Mk IXs turnfighting my A6M5 Ko, i always laugh when the US premium LF IXs do that, cause then they turn into free kill, instead of using their speed to out run me. There is no way Mk IX turns better than A6M5 or A6M5 Ko, better than Otsu or Hei? Yes, cause these are heavy bricks, but regular A6M5 no way.

1 Like

I play the spitfire quite a lot, the only reason why it does well is the same reason why the zero and B239 do so well is because people think they can take it in a turn fight. you can not and never will. you are however faster than them. refuse to turnfight, dive on them and don’t let them bleed you of energy.

You are using the wrong tactics

Hispanos are getting buffed?! they are already really strong

SAP rounds are getting their explosive filler nearly quadrupled.

3 Likes

WHAT THE HELL THEY ALREADY OVERPERFORM. I already near enough one burst high tier planes in a meteor and they want to make it so that its near enough a one shot?!!?

1 Like

All shall fear the British

Spoiler

red-coat

1 Like

I don’t actually think it will be that massive of a buff…I need to actually have a look at the belt loadouts, but currently I think it’s the HE rounds that shred things but the SAPs get mostly hits. So this might just make them more consistant on output

1 Like

I am the definition of a britain main in this game but I genuinely think this is a bad idea for balance sakes, all the hispano armed planes are in decent positions for their flight characteristics and this could bump them up into obsolescence like the vampire and venom are. this may make it more consistent but they already were

1 Like

We’ll have to wait and see

1 Like

I was flipping through this and saw your thing and it was spot on XD

1 Like

ill certainly enjoy it

Yep, I need to play more of the things like the meteor and co

1 Like

The Meteor Reaper is tremendous at 8.0 as a CAS plane and will take any other plane out of the sky with ease (2 1000lbs bombs and 16 RP3 rockets is my loadout for it) provided there isn’t a Gepard on the enemy team but that goes for any plane at that BR.

1 Like

ikr. Most fun thread in a long time lol

1 Like

Zero is impossible to outturn. Not only that, the Zero doesn’t compress like it should IRL. It’s pretty brainless unless someone has a massive drastic energy advantage over you.

2 Likes

if you get outturned by a spitfire in a zero you have a skill issue

7 Likes

Even the really early Mk1s will face lighter Zeros, so I don’t think that advantage will hold. But a Zero can still win in the long run by taking advantage of the Spitfire’s overheating issues.

A6M5 Otsu has about the same weight as the Ko and regular A6M5, it’s the A6M5 Hei and A6M6 that are significantly heavier.