SPAA J'ing out before you can kill them

Yeah dont you just love this type of gameplay

Dont you just love getting killed right after you spawn in

13 Likes

I heard one of them ATGM exploded in the air haha, but In all honesty, isn’t that what AA fighters are for??? To protect the Air space and attack CAS , and if CAS gets past AA fighters then SPAA is the next line? So I would say that’s fair, you won the air space and you get to play in it, If a Mig spawned in when you did I’d say you would probably not be having a good day in the A-10,

Honestly, I can’t understand why people are so caught up on dying to someone so much they exploit to avoid giving a kill to someone in a PvP game… They die anyway, but they’re just denying one person the kill they rightly deserve.

3 Likes

Dam if only WT had something to counter CAS planes that sat outside SPAA range, hmmmmmmmm idk maybe Spawn a dam air-to-air plane, AA fighter perhaps??, SPAA is a Close range protection platform it’s not a dam, Medium Range Ground-Based Air Defence system

2 Likes

yes I would love to have at least 3 bot fighters to intercept cas similar to airfields in sim just so I’m able to play the game

1 Like

None of them pre detonated they all had a clear lock on the targets mavericks only detonate if they fail to hold lock that was 3 kills there plus the 2 fron earlier with zero effort involved you’re just making shit up to pretend CAS isn’t overpowered

whats CAP gonna fo when i have flares and can just ignore them or kill them with a Lima besides the CAP aircraft would need to fly directly over the battlefield to get to me which means he’s within our spaa range
Also SPAA at high tier have comically short range Stingers are only good out to 3km if the target isnt flying directly at you and all of the SACLOS missiles ingame are hard locked to 7-8km even the pantsir because the moment the booster runs out the missile is incapable of hitting moving targets

If a mig spawned in id instantly kill him with a point blank lima, CAP in GRB has no benefits above 8.7 because i can just fire off all my ATGMs before you even get within 6km of me

3 Likes

only in war thunder

IDK, it looks like a “PRE DETONATION” to me

Well i got 3 kills there so clearly not

How are you still alive? I poke my head up above trees for 1 second and I would already have 5 missiles going for me lol. It almost feels like you play in a completely different matchmaker.

Are we looking at the same image here

Didn’t say that Cas is not Op i just said that the mav is not the main problem

Im alive because i actually look at my RWR and kill the SPAA first you can throw mavericks reliably from 10km with a POINT lock and as long as the SPAA doesn’t move considerably at around the 4-5km range the maverick will lock onto the SPAA if its a 2S6 or another SACLOS SPAA you should throw two mavericks just incase they shoot one down

Yeah i got 3 kills so it clearly didn’t detonate

3 Likes

Exactly.

The same “jUsT sPaWn SpAa” folks then proceed to spend the whole match bombing the spawns pre-emotively to spawn-camp even the SPAAs, then get mad when someone decides not to hand them their 12th free C*S kill on a silver plate lmao

Almost every time I “just spawn SPAA” there are bombs and missiles opening crates beneath me while my spawn protection lasts (and some people on this thread want to remove it lmao), and most of the times a single bomb of theirs kill ALL of the SPAAs on the spawn via overpressure as soon as the spawn protection is gone, so yeah, excuse me if I’ve grown tired of being nothing but food for OP C*S that don’t allow me to play ground vehicles in ground battles.

17 Likes

You ended up 3km away from them, nobody even attempted to fire at you was my point. It just seems so odd when I compare the video to my games.

And where do you get these so called AA figthers??? Ah, thats right at the end of the aviation thechtree! So if you havent grinded it, you don’t have any! Not everyone likes air gameplay and not everyone has time to grind two tech trees.

5 Likes

Yeah before the clip the only SPAA they had was a Type-93 so i just killed him first from 10km away since he wasnt moving also the quality of players depends on what server you’re playing on the moment i stopped playing on EU and instead NA i noticed the average NA player is worse at the game

4 Likes

Yeah, when I am having tough games at EU, I switch to NA as well lol.

2 Likes

^ This. I agree.

Even the Pantsir/Ito90M can be made basically useless by a barely competent CAS player in a top tier CAS aircraft.

Imagine an OTOMATIC or a TOR (one which is using nothing but proxy at 11.3 - basically 11.7 since it’s your top tier SPAA, and an SPAA with only 8km of range where it’s facing missiles with double that) fighting a CAS player with an IQ of a Gorilla (70 IQ) rather than the IQ of inanimate objects (top tier CAS players that actually complain about SPAA)?

They’re basically morally obligated to J out in order to deny kills to the animal that got to spawn a vehicle which is basically immune to being shot down just because they rushed a cap and got an assist or clicked the scout button. And God forbid if they got a single kill before they died because they’d have enough SP to spawn nuclear bombs if you could put those on regular aircraft in-game and spawn them regularly.

The simple fix to CAS is making all long range guided munitions that outrange SPAA cost 100%-200% more SP. While making pure fighter loadouts with missiles actually decrease the SP required to spawn. Incentivize fighters, de-emphasize long range guided munitions unless you’ve earned it.

They’re still welcome to use shorter range bombs/rockets with CCRP/CCIP even if they’ve died after barely doing anything, but at least SPAA will actually have a chance to take them down if they do. And there’ll be more fighters in the air.

9 Likes

I thought kills are not so important to You.

Vechicle is dead so you what is a problem?

5 Likes