Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

The UK signed a contract many years ago to use them at their EPTS.

Was Mig29 9.12 or F-16ADF option for UK? No.

So UK can get better treatment in this case since they dont have better options unless Gaijin decides to add Sa Gripen or Cheetah.

It would be fine IF we had something even close to competitive, our best A2A jet at hte moment is either the Torando F3, that gets destroyed by anything higher than 11.3 or Harrier Gr7 which is really limited in A2A. The question is, what can be added to britain to give them a decent and maybe even competitive 12 that will do till Typhoon

They didnt signed that contract for military use.

They simply wanted to train their pilots with unarmed Gripen that has Swedish Air Force emblems on it not to mention it was never armed.

Weak excuse, you should try SA Gripen tbh.

“could be added”. I’d hate Mig-29 (and would be a bumb addition to the british tree) and F-16 would be boring but possible via canada. SAAF is probably the direction they are going to go in, unless they give us a really good IR AAM like ASRAAM on a weaker A2A platform like the harrier Gr9 or Torando Gr4

9L’s are most likely compatible since rails are supporting them if im not mistaken.

So it shouldnt be a problem in theory.

Yeah, 9Ls are 100% an option for Typhoon DA2/F2

• 1 x BK27 Mauser Cannon
  • 2-6 x AIM-9L(6 With TMC)
  • 4-6 x AMRAAM
  • 2 x Skyflash
  • 2-6 x ASRAAM(6 With TMC)
  • 6 x BL755

The weapons they could have according to the forum thread. Though F2 didnt have Skyflash option

3 Likes

Personally i prefer to see earlier versions of Eurofighter rather then Sa Gripen or Cheetah since only reason i grinded Uk tree was Eurofighter actually.

Eurofighter Typhoon was my childhood dream so possibility of getting as early as we can is much better option if you ask me.

1 Like

I 100% agree. but the issue comes down to Germany and Italy (dammit Germany and Italy) Britain has an option for an early Typhoon with limited A2A and really limited A2G, but they just dont. So this means Britain could get a Typhoon maybe a few major updates before they could but my god the moaning would be insane. It would have to come to all 3 or not at all. So britain is even further restricted on when it can recieve what would be the best aircraft in the game because of it. This just widens the gap Britain already has to face

3 Likes

I want my BlackJack Skin!

1 Like

Do you realize how many “never used in the military” vehicles russia is littered with? The IS-6 and IS-7 never even worked. The o279 was cancelled after trials and poor performance… We can go on and on on this nonsense or we can create diversity.

Never, must turn the patriotism down!

They used their moaning card for 9.12 and ADF so i say its our turn to get something special in this case thus both of those countries are more concerned about their ground units right now.

SAAF is the simpler option for Gripen

1 Like

Oh boy that looks so sick i must admit but tbh i would be happy with standart camo as well.

Gaijin gib Eurofighter please :/

1 Like

Yeah, I’d concur. Typhoon DA2 with just 9Ls and 2x SARH vs heavy ARH carriers would be a fair fight i think. Still a little early for it, but Q2 next year would be fine

1 Like

Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best then buddy.

yeah… But the question still remains. What can get britain to that point? We’ve had 1 top tier jet so far this year. 1. So we are due at least 1 more this year. SHar FA2 is the only thing that comes to mind, but that will be ARH update. not before. So probably nothing this update unless ARH are being hidden still.

Typhoon with Aim-9X BII, and Aim-120C.

Typhoon’s flight performance will be very strong. As an artificial limit, giving it 9Ls and Skyflash (or early AMRAAM) could be a way to get it earlier and at a moderate BR. If we want Typhoon in 2024, we’ll have to compromise somewhere.

1 Like