Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

That seems the more likely option to me, this is one of those instances where you take what you can get

Yeah… probably will be. Though I fear some form of “britain tax” for it. What AAMs and A2G weapons did SA have for it?

Could we end up with an aircraft with weak weapons because its from SA?

F-16MLU is over 20 years newer than Mig-29.

2 Likes

Actually South Africa used the Python 3 and Derby missiles, not sure if they wen’t with the Gripen but who knows?

Yeah, that’s just my biggest fear, we get a decent airframe this time, but is handicapped by poor weapons leaving us at square 1.

To be fair, F-14A/B, F-16A/ADF/C, Mig-29, etc. are all meta too. Should US and RU never get vehicles added to them anymore? Some would argue that, but since they are getting them anyway, maybe other nations should too as well.

Also looks like they used the IRIS-T

No chance of that though

İf Uk is gonna get Gripen it should get it from Sa sub tree not from a Flight School that is basically using a Gripen that has Swedish Air Force emblems on it.

Not to mention its not armed and that Gripen is currently stationed at Sweden under Swedish engineers care.

1 Like

The difference is people are arguing for a guaranteed 12.3 without much information on how well R-73s will perform.
And no other information on what’s coming or what the BRs will be like.

That 's the general conclusion ? I must not be in an overlapping forum circle, most consensus I’ve seen has centered around post-CSP Tornado F.3 's( the ones which add more advanced AAM 's ) being a separate vehicle from the currently researchable one.

Sea Harrier FA.2 seems like a reasonable expectation for initial MR-ARH aircraft, though. It was mentioned by name in the Q&A which confirmed aircraft of that series were in the plans.

The Indian FRS.51 variant was also mentioned then, we might see it in the near future too.

Why Uk needs Grippen when Eurofighter fills its place?

Eurofighter is ~13.0 minimum with all AAM pylons filled while Gripen works at ~12.3 with AMRAAMs, or 11.7 with only 9Ls.

2 Likes

Becaue Uk doesnt have any proper Mach2 capable jet until Eurofighter which is a plane that is superior to any plane in this game currently.

So again people are impatient and want planes where they dont belong? And remember plane can come with nerfed weapons to have it lower br

That’s the thing, nerfed weapons for Eurofighter is 9Ms [maybe Ls depending on how Eurofighter IR missiles are cooled] & AMRAAM As [Cs if A & B fins are too large].

Eurofighter can use Aim-9M without any problem since rails are compatible, hell it can even use Aim9X if they want to mount, benefit of bein part of NATO.

Tornado CSP included the Stage 2G radar we got in the last major update. The likelyhood it will now be split into an entirely new aircraft, just for AMRAAM, seems unlikely. SHar FA2 is hte other good option and hte main one I want to see added because it would be a fun jet in SB. They havent even finished the FRS1 yet, so I doubnt we’ll see an indian one anytime soon

I know, I was more commenting on that 9Ls are potentially incompatible while 9Ms are definitely compatible.

DA2 could be added with 6x 9L and 2x SkyFlash but main issue is that isnt an option for Italy and Germany and why It wouldnt happen