Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

Fair enough, I suppose it could be a small help.

One of those SPAA are good, both feel totally redudant together or with the addition of the skink. Rooikats maybe, but the rest is pointless

Nah, gotta disagree, SA was a wonderful addition.
Rooikats are great, ZA-35 is the best gun AA the UK has (Falcon is a TD), rooikats are wonderful, olifant mk 1 bolsters the 8.3/.7 lineup and the TTD works well in the 10.0/.3 lineup
G6 is also fun as hell. Ratels can work somewhat when you arent CAS’d and the Eland 90 is a good wee LT until we get actual UK LTs

1 Like

I’ve never used any of them, nor do I have much interest in investing the time or energy to get them unlocked. Would much rather have taken CRTs like the Scorpion

Afaik, AIM-120A is actually not super crazy. If it gets added without an R-77 counterpart, they really do need to add the Su-27 and give it it’s full complement of 10-12 hardpoints to actually missile bus. In compromise, they should probably give it the N001P so we can engage two targets at once with the 27ERs.

12 hardpoints? Are you mad?

Absolutely your loss mate. I think everyone who plays Britain would like the UK LTs but SA has some absolute gems in there.

Also opens up the Cheetahs UK air)))

2 Likes

To be honest, Im an air main. I only grinded out the GB ground tree for the Chally 2s and to bring CAS like the Gr7 or Apache to their main gamemodes. Id be a little disappointed if we all we got was SAAF at top tier for the next year or so. I think there are solutions for Top tier air that dont require commonwealth scapegoat.

There are a few lower tier additions I would play, like Scorpion or Abbot, but I just dont overly like the lower tiers, especially with APDS nerfs

If R-73 stays where it’s at, F-15A gets added with mid-service package AND AIM-120A’s, AND they DON’T add R-77’s right away, I think it would be fair.

Otherwise yeah, in the current meta it sounds extreme, lol.

2 Likes

I was hoping FA2 would be added with AMRAAM an update before anything else. Sub-sonic platform for testing the waters before rolling out AMRAAM and R-77 to everything else. Kinda like what htey did with R-73s and the Su-25. But I dont think thats going to happen

Romanian vehicles would complement Italian TT pretty well, especially now when Italy is getting Hungarian stuff.
I just hope they will add more unique stuff, like the addition of BTR-80 was kinda unnecessary here imo, though smth like Hungarian Tiger I and Leo 2s are cool as they will boost the popularity of the tree by a lot.

2 Likes

Romania has some indegenious tank designs like tr-85. Its quite bad irl, but still. Its not a copy cat and well… Could fill something.

1 Like

Ok yeah that sounds fair, pretty sure you’ll just get R-77s on the MiG-29 though, maybe even before the F-15 comes out

Probably wouldn’t be this update atleast, the answer in the Q&A earlier this year that confirmed Italy would be getting a subtree focussed on their need for ground.

Since the J-8F devblog, there hasn’t been much cause to expect a single plane to introduce MR-ARH missiles - quite the opposite actually. Instead, the question has been which aircraft will compose the initial selection.

The J-8F is a given for that, and the Yak-141 is likely too since it has an unused R-77 loadout in the files. When we get to devserver-time, we’ll have to be on watch for similar unused loadouts on the new MiG-29 and F-16, and anything else which crops up then - they absolutely had the capability for such missiles IRL, but it 's still an unknown if they’ll be part of the group of aircraft introducing them later.

1 Like

The UK Empire Test Pilot school flies them: Saab signs new agreement with UK’s Empire Test Pilots’ School So there fore the UK should get them and does use them.

Yeah. Tornado F3 needs to be on that list. Wont help much, but the general conclusion I think most have at this time is that the SkyTrash ST are placeholders, and its 11.3 rating is also placeholder. Im not sure what They are going to do for Britain over the next year. But I see a lot of mud moving in SB over the course of it

Multiple TR-85s and its predecessors, enlarged T-72 (TR-125), multiple light vehicles, few WW2 tank destroyers + SAM which Italy doesn’t have and etc.
It can also bring some interesting planes and helicopters.
I made some drafts in the past, they miss quite a lof of vehicles but still not bad imo.

Spoiler

That would be funny to see in game as I’m pretty sure the one you mentioned still has Swedish roundels on it

BEFORE ANYONE GETS ON MY CASE FOR THIS ( bc I would, written like this ):

I don’t think those new planes would never get MR-ARH missiles - I’m just pointing out that we can’t be certain w/ the information we have atm that they would get them as part of the first wave of aircraft so equipped. They’re a serious performance upgrade over the planes we have reasonable certainty will be in that first wave, after all.

1 Like

Could still see gripen via SA though for Britain, I think it would be a messy and a weak addition, but an easy one for Gaijin