Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

I was testing it a good amount last night and you have to be really slow to get the full maneuvering of the R73 right off the rail. Almost not useful outside of a 1v1. The missile is still decent at higher speeds but might as well use the much faster, less noticeable python at that point.

So yes, though I like that they actually gave the R73 a weapon employment envelope. It now actually has to separate from the Mig29 and gain speed instead of immediately flying in the opposite direction after a target like before.

I do think the maneuvering needs to be a more apparent when launched at higher subsonic speeds.

3 Likes

Don’t worry Smin. I think this update is pretty cool :)

2 Likes

i think they overdid it a little. id say that it should just do R-73 things at dogfight speeds, i dont think you should have to basically stall yourself out just to have it behave the way it should, thats just wrong. so i hope theyll fix it before it hits the live server since i dont think ill evenbother getting the SMT otherwise. radar on the 9-13 is more than good enough and its flight performance is a lot more comfortable. just gotta use the good ol 30 for close range

I think it would be better, but it wouldnt have any AGM’s.

Without E series missiles, 12.3, with E series 12.7.

ziggy out here rewriting the bible
aye imma lay down for a bit mate, ill get the gmail notif xD

3 Likes

Aww, Dont be like that. You never know. The snail could throw us a later fitted Cyclone with the Mk38 mod 2s, activated Stingers and Griffin SSM. :)

Its no John C Butler class… but Id be ok with it.

Otherwise, yeah, the Mk VI will eventually make its way here.

Never mind a bible m8 looks like the calculateing the whole universe

1 Like

lmao
ziggy just give this a like if you still have a pulse and this isnt just you dead with your head ont he keyboard
i know that was you deathmisser

3 Likes

Lmao but what ever it is I hope he puts a blo.dy folder on it

man i think hes dead…

Spoiler

d39

rest in peace, man died doing what he loved

2 Likes

Oh god he is checking it

Run m8 run

1 Like

what? Oh I am playing and doing other stuff sorry lol

1 Like

wait, thats it?
THATS ALL OF IT? 30+ MINUTES?

2 Likes

Jesus even I’m not that bad lmao

1 Like

but yeah those are my thoughts too. this missile was specifically made to fit in the doctrine they use.
they took it from us-

1 Like

I was pushing hard for the Aim9M. I do not regret we got it. However, I must admit GJ has given the F16s their high alpha energy maintaining performance. the block 10s on the dev were now the best fighters in a 1v1. Which imo is consistent with reality with current jets. But on top of that we got a F16C that can outclimb and bleed any fighter in game out of speed in a rate+climb. Oh and the Barak with its many CMs

I am starting to see why they gave the SMT the ET and R73. Its going to be interesting patch.

3 Likes

which would be great if the ET actually had its own damn seeker and if the 73 wasnt a glorified python 3

1 Like

Ok a proper modeled r27et is completely different the only counter to it would be the mica IR I’m worried when these bvr IR missiles will be added proper how strong they will be.

Are we just going to forget the Aim54C and still not being modelled other than weight.