Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

90% of the time they just decide to go somewhere else when I drop a flare sometimes I have to turn and do it.

Imho in the end the tornado is going to suffer even more with amraams around (unless 4th gens do not have fox3s). The time it takes it to turn cold alone is enough for an amraams to reach it lol

1 Like

The only Harrier that had ASRAAM was the GR.9, and in a few tests only.

Cause its not better. And it exists only on Israeli planes.

True, but it could dish one out and be legging it, the problem at the moment is its dead if the joust fails because it cant run away

Actually we do britain has a Gripen D for training purposes

That was plenty for Yak-141 to get AAMs

It is significantly better and it doesn’t matter that it’s only on Israeli and Chinese aircraft, it still exists.

Don’t even know if the F-15C would be such an issue. It might be for the best to add a 80s F-15C alongside a 80s SU-27. AIM-120A and R-77 both are 90s missiles Gaijin could easily avoid FOX 3’s for a few patches more. Who knows maybe R-27ER will have to do for countering the AIM-120A.

2 Likes

and SHar FA2 could carry ASRAAM, later years, but defiently had them

It’s significantly better than the 9L 😂

The Sea Harrier and GR.9 are quite different, so the only Harrier with ASRAAM should be the GR.9, if at all.

I’m for competitive gameplay, and am fine with AIM-9M being on everything it should be on, as soon as the R-73 is working properly. Maybe you don’t understand the issue fully, but the R-60M is seriously gimped in the range department, and the R-73 is basically the solution to that.

If you had your way, either the AIM-9M comes in an dominates until the R-73 is fixed, and can make things a little more fair, or the R-73 remains crap, and you now have an even more GOATed version of what is already the top IR “short range” missile in the game.

It’s days like this that I truly wish the Communist Party of the Soviet Union and the Design bureau at Molniya had created an environment where the R-14 of Vympel would’ve won out during the armament phase of the PFI program that gave us the R-73, Su-27, and MiG-29. It would’ve basically been a much better (higher G, all aspect, dual seeker [IR/SARH]) R-13, which, if you’ve played Soviet planes, you’d know has great energy and burn time, and is only really let down by a single flare and only being rear aspect. Instead we have R-73(and variants) which really only work because we have options in armament on the R-27 and R-77 side.

This is the biggest reason why I think we need an R-27 missile bus, like an early Su-27. All this work on the R-73 and the introduction of the MiG-29SMT really only proves that Gaijin is too afraid to add the Su-27 yet. SMT should’ve come out a lot later IMO.

1 Like

The ability to go cold immediately after firing of the Aim120A is so much better than the speed of the 27er it would be completely unbalanced it’s not even funny

Edit: unless only planes like F4F and the tornado get aim120s, but certainly not if an F15C would get it

god I hope not, its basically Britains only hope right now for Short term

After this patch AMRAAMs won’t help Britain at all

Ahhh…interesting. Thanks for small info.

In fairness, the early SA SPAA, and the Rooikats are solid additions to the British tree.

2 Likes

AMRAAM unlocks options for jets that might help, at least a little. But without AMRAAM those jets cant be added. So not directly AMRAAM, but rather what AMRAAM opens up

1 Like

Gaijin should honestly add that South African SAM, even if it was never built

2 Likes