Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

See the AIM-9M is only a seeker upgrade from the AIM-9L so if Russia is getting an IRCCM short range Fox2 then why shouldn’t the US?

Leopard 2A7+ is what became of the Leopard 2 PSO which it seems we are now getting. (L55)
Leopard 2A7A1 is equipped with Trophy.
Leopard 2A8 is based on 2A7HU and 18 were already ordered to replace the 2A6 which were delivered to Ukraine. There is a option to order additional 105 2A8. It might enter service in 2025.

Its off-boresight too. More likely Aim-9L/I next

1 Like

Nope, HARMs would have no other effect on “Russia” [not a tech tree] than people dodging Pantsirs as is.
I had 9 Pantsir missiles launched on me when I was playing Germany, none came close to hitting.
Japan is currently on-par for aircraft.
There are no Su-27s changing the meta.

@krikrisup
We’re just getting a new sub-tree, and Japan is in a much stronger position for meta.

@PestoMystic
It’d be C cause of Japan. F-15C also predates AMRAAMs by over 10 years.

1 Like

yes, but between 2a7+ and the PSO there is still a lot of steps,
and yeah there is still a lot upgrades for the german tree as well, there still is the 2a7V as an intermary as well

Even in its current state it is beyond good, the only problem is Su-25BM can’t give it a good launch position. Gated seeker FoV is very lethal when used in combination with this bug: IR Missile’s seeker is not looking at nozzle // Gaijin.net // Issues

F-15A early, without flares or AMRAAM’s and AIM-9M’s, so long as MiG-29SMT has an R-73 that isn’t broken the way it is now.

As it stands, MiG-29SMT with R-73s as they are will be a 12.3 or 12.7 plane. It will only see top tier where it’s limited (only 2) R-27ER’s will do the same thing as the MiG-29 while having a radar that might give it slightly better performance over the regular MiG-29 radar, on par with the F-14s and F-16s.

like I said, the AIM-9M is just an AIM-9L with a better seeker and a smokeless motor that Gaijin won’t model.

The R-73 has thrust vectoring which is what actually allows the 180 degree turns while tracking opponents.

Even with HOBS the AIM-9M is nowhere near as maneuverable as the R-73

The R-73 was what prompted the development of the AIM-9X as current US missiles were deemed to be uncompetitive

1 Like

Yeah, that is true. I still doubt AIm-9M anytime soon though

Yeah… Its going to be a one sided fight when given to Mig-29

As soon as IRCCM/bugged model on the R-73 works, have at it. Totally for making it fair.

Also remember that the MiG-29 has a HMCS which the US won’t until the F-16C Block 50+

No top-tier IFV, no top-tier AA, still no comparable CAS (only 16AJ which has only Mavericks and well… Top plane). Even if Italy worse - it should be buffed after Japan, cause well… Japan is older than Italy

2 Likes

Rd33k with enlarged intakes (no thrust loss at low speed) go brrr then :D

It’s not superior in every way to the MiG29. That whole idea of the MiG29 and the Su27 being “F16 and F15 for the soviets” is wrong. The MiG29 (unlike the F16) HAS the speed and zoom climb ability to be competitive in BVR. The MiG29A compared to the Su27 trades longer range and longer and better search ability on the radar for price and bit of performance because it was supposed to be operate from airfields close to the frontlines, where ground radars would spot targets for it and what mattered the most is too have good resistance to notching/ecm when guiding fox 1 (and as I have already said the MiG29 radar is not worse than the flanker at it) and to have the best possible flight performance (not in the terms of dogfighting but in the terms of zoom climbing, low alt speed and high speed maneuvers (basically everything the F15 does better than the F16)). In war thunder we have this exact situation, where the extra range and search ability do not matter (at least not right now), and the only big improvement of the su27 over the MiG29 would be the number of radar missiles.

if we want to go further, this is also where the MiG29M comes in. Already in the 70s the Soviets knew the basic MiG29A would not have been enough for long, that’s why the development of the M variant had already started. With the MiG29M the MiG29 is still going to be a frontline fighter with limited range and worse search capabilities, but it now matches the su27 in number of radar missiles (and has only 2 ir missiles less), has straight up better flight performance since it got even more powerful engines and fly by wire, and is not inferior in TWS radar performance either. In game it would be better than the su27

No, because this makes no sense. The Mig 29 SMT will have flare/chaff and the R-73. Unless you are going to take them away from the Mig 29, the F15 should be brought in with the A model. It is a moot point anyways. They just keep stacking russia with more and more modern tech, and then backfilling nations with jets that are dead on arrival. They need to stop adding to russia until everyone else is caught up.

Aim-9Ms are long over due.

Aim-9 boresight is long overdue. We should be able to dummy fire them, and have them lock mid-air.

Which won’t mean a thing until the R-73 works.

I mean sure, but when it is working that combo is going to be nasty

1 Like

R-73 was the best ir-guided missile of it’s time - during the prime of the Soviet Union’s air forces.
AIM-9X and IRIS-T where the response to R-73. I don’t see a problem with AIM-9M.

2 Likes

man you seriously had to use his statcard for that?

Jesus