Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

How about no

1 Like

thing is uk players would still bitch that it isnt an indigious vehicle and gets replaced with a commonwealth one

How about yes

SAAF is unlikely as we just got Hungary

AMRAAM won’t help because when Britain gets AMRAAMs on it’s Harrier and Tornado the US will get them on an F-16, Britain will still be just as far behind

Eurofighter is going to be a big update and needs to come to Britain, Germany and Italy at the same time

So i guess no japanese vehicle, except maybe some low-tier garbage. Or Snail just want to make a huge surprise (obviously not)

2 Likes

The typhoon flight performance and radar is too strong for the game right now (In terms of zoom climbing/speed ability (2 main factors in BVR and also in team matches like war thunder air RB) it’s on the level of the 29M, F15C and Su27, and is better than the latter 2 at turning and has much more endurance than the 29M

1 Like

Tornado F3 is always going to be a tough jet, and always DOA, but SHar FA2 with AMRAAM and 9M, would be a fun underdog. But would be 100% reliant on having decent AAMs like AIm-9M otherwise yeah, it would barely be an 11.7

1 Like

I love how Gaijin had a perfect oportunity to introduce Gripen into the game. F-16 getting chased by Mig-29, that has it almost at gun sight. At that moment Gripen could fly in, saving F-16. It would be such a amazing intruduction for that jet. But no. Russia get much better new Mig-29 with R-73. Cant wait to fight it in my Viggen D.

1 Like

I imagine if IRIS-T will have such interference protection as in the video:

US has a KF41? hwat

2 Likes

Hungarian army engineers redesigned parts of it sooooo…and it was Rheinmetall that designed it not Germany or the German army. Hungary bought it and modified it together with the Rheinmetall engineers. I dont know how in hell some of you are looking at this as German…

4 Likes

italy doesn’t need t72s or leopard/lynx, we need our memes and nothing else.
if you add those just do it separate because it will kill the post war italian tanks.

You can’t just demand heavy fighters with next gen radars and Fox-3 missiles because the top tier MiG-29 is going to get a broken IR missile that still can’t beat the AIM-9L or the R-60M lol.

If you think F-15 and F-18 are appropriate at this stage, then Gaijin will need to release the Su-27 and Su-27K with R-73M and R-77. Otherwise there’s no parity.

1 Like

But I can’t see a way to keep Britain even 1-2 BRs behind everyone else without something like that. Thats why I was thinkingDA2 with temp loadout, no AMRAAM for example vs AMRAAM carriers, gives it a hard handicap short term, and then add AMRAAM to it when F-15, Mig29m, etc is added. 2x SkyTrash would not be a big threat in BVR

I hope you’re excited for another Chi-Ha or T-2!

1 Like

As an italian tech tree enjoyer i look at it as an intruder, at least i am giving it an home in the german tech tree… or if any tech tree can offer more i accept offers

Wo-hoo! (kill me)

1 Like

What did Hungary “redesign”?

Whether it’s a private venture by Rheinmetall or not is irrelevant. The country of origin is still Germany. Rheinmetall is a German firm, the designers of the Lynx are German, the technology for it is German.

At this point, what are you even talking about?

7 Likes

Hungarian engineers did nothing rheinmetall offered a version of the lynx according to Hungarian army requests

So long as there is an equivalent for Germany and Italy that would be ok-ish, but there isn’t