Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

That’s just a model lol. Just because it’s in the files doesn’t mean it was ever tested.

Dev-blog doesn’t mean a thing. It’s more like a teaser for the vehicle. Everything is subject to change until patch drops (as it always been), so just wait for the dev-server and get mad there.

Who are “we”? I’ve only seen you suggesting that. Personally I’d wait for that damn dev-server first before making assumptions and suggesting balance decisions.

And you know what is the difference between Aim-9Ls and Aim-9Ms? 32Gs irl L version vs 38Gs on M version and ECCM. We have missiles with both of those already in game. R73 for example.

They wouldn’t make model for something they don’t want in their game, would they? :P

just because they were found in a datamine doesnt mean they were tested buddy, they have to be rigged, modelled and coded into the game, just because you saw a file reading “aim9m” doesnt mean it exisfs

2 Likes

The model has been in the files for a long time. I guess they wanted to keep it as a backup for if the AH-1Z was underperforming against air.

1 Like

dude just chill out, the R-73 is only on an SU-25 right now, when it comes to the MiG-29 then we can talk AIM-9M ok?

3 Likes

Coding? All you need to do is copy Aim-9L txt file, change G limit from 30 to 38, and copy paste ECCM from R73. After that you need to change L to M in line that determines model used by the missile.
Whole coding. 3 minutes of work.

1 Like

no.

1 Like

What makes you think Germany gets anything? Usually they only get stuff when it is obsolete by at least half a year.

5 Likes

Care to elaborate or did we just wake up feeling belligerent today?

2 Likes

Ultimately, for Air RB, it seems like it will be the same, nothing new or really better.

Same flight performance (including the G-limiter so far exclusive to F-16s ingame) and weaponry as ADF.

true

Probably just a US main doing nation main things.

3 Likes

Guess he should become a coder…

1 Like

I think the idea is to lay down the groundwork for the AMRAAM, the F-16A ADF has it’s own place and at least for the USA should stay sparrow only, that means a new F-16 is needed for the AMRAAM, now we have it, when the Fox 3 patch comes out instead of having to grind a whole new aircraft to get a good fox 3 we can just research the modification on the F-16C we already have in our tree.

It would help if Gaijin explained that themselves but if I’m right then what Gaijin is doing is pretty reasonable.

1 Like

if it was that easy r73 wouldnt take 6 months to make

1 Like

I do care to elaborate. Now i will show you how to “code” aim 9 ms into the game.
Propably making funny video about it will be longer than actually making it so maybe i will post screenshots. Okay?

Where did you get these values from? I get that there are sources for AIM-9L to pull 32G but AIM-9M is literally the same airframe with different engine and seeker. Why would it pull 6G more?

This is alot like the J-8F moment

Maybe! It wouldn’t be the first time a plane or vehicle in general is introduced barebones only to have its actual capabilities implemented further ahead in time.

I just wish F-16C could at least get AIM-7P; AIM-7F doesn’t really feel line a proper R-27ER counterpart.

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter how easy it may or may not be to code the thing, there is no need for it at this exact moment in time. The R-73 isn’t even working properly yet, we could still see them both in the October or December patch so let’s just have a little patience ok?

1 Like