Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I wouldn’t say it stands for Extended range (at least not with certainty). It is an export modification with increased range. I would bet on E standing for Export or Energy (same as the E in R-27ER).

The E in R-27ER is for energy, the export version was the R-27ER1

Edit: correction on my part.

I just wish Gaijin implemented self-propelled artillery like ACTUAL self-propelled artillery, with their own targetting mechanics (maybe rangefinder-based like Naval, or rangefinder+map based, kinda like Battlefield mortars, or whatever), instead of like lower tier direct fire tank destroyers with comically large shell drop you need to eyeball.

For example; Type 75 SPH should not be a 6.3 “tank destroyer”, but rather, an actual self-propelled artillery piece with proper mechanics to operate its gun properly at 8.3.

5 Likes

I think its good the way it is.

I think the issue with that is that artillery style indirect fire has a minimum range and war thunder maps are way too small.

My guy even brochure states E stands for Extended Range not for Export.

E is for energy, not export, and defo not extended range. Soviets name their weapons in Russian, not English.

Ok fair enough, I don’t speak Russian I just know it does not mean export, and likely meant something along the lines of ‘goes further’

You do realize when E states energy it means more energy=more range right?

There is a reason why R27ER is heavier and longer then regular R27R, that energy for extra range doesnt come from nowhere.

In effect, it does mean more range, but if we say what E stands for, it is for energy.

1 Like

Indirect fire would be so awesome. I really want that mechanic as well.

3 Likes

Can you link the brochure pls, I haven’t seen it?

could you DM me the link when you get it I have @Panther2995 blocked?

All articles and brochures i read states E stands for Extended range.

Now you might say they are wrong and E actually stands for Energy and you might be correct, but it doesnt change the fact that both words practially means same thing for those missiles.

Sure let me find it, After that i will send you the link.

Worst take ever.

3 Likes

@BearHasLanded Since you blocked me instead of bein lazy and asking a link that i will provide, you can also search the internet and find that article or similiar one.

fr

Sure thing bud

1 Like

it would already be enough if you would get shown a rough firing window when an team requests artillery fire and you could join those shoots