Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Why are you lot talking about this stuff ?

On another note, since It seems like we’ll also be getting the MIM-72 chaparral, since it’s in the leak list.

This is interesting not only because there are several versions of it, with the base using basically a Aim-9D, and later variants using something closer to an Aim-9L, but also because there is the RIM-72C Sea Chaparral which wasn’t used by the US but exported to Taiwan, so maybe a potential versiin for china too?

I’ll have to do some more research but plenty of other nations used this system so hopefully it can help fill gaps for nations that need a decent AA system around 9.3

Nope, Fox 3 is to air to air missiles, Kormoran is Air to ship.

technically a Fox3 is an active radar homing air to air missile so no.

cuz im bored at work, got nothing to do and an hour to go

and I want to know how bad me F4F ICE will be

The tech tree version we have ingame is the Peace Rhein Upgrade for the F-4F. Part of the upgrade were AN/ALE-40 countermeasure dispensers, Mavericks and AIM9Ls

yeah from a little searching to find out what it even was earlier, it could go to the US, Israel and China, it wouldn’t be a top tier SPAA but it’s a cool addition to those trees hopefully

1 Like

ima call it Sidewinder zu fuss

I’ll concede that for now however the F-4F (Early) definitely isn’t post peace rhine and that thing carries AIM-9J so my argument about the AIM-120C for the ICE still has some ground to stand on.

But for ships tho?
Did they use a ground version?

I think it would be most comparable too the Strella, and while the US already has stingers, the LAV sits a bit higher in BR, and the stingers are often lacking in hitting power and maneuverability, so this system would be a nice alternative if you need to smack some Su-25’s out of the sky

wait if that thing can mount 9L that means it can also mount IRIS-T

Kickstart the Swedish naval TT lmao

It doesn’t look like they did, that’s a shame.

Or maybe they did, there is a M730A1 which looks like the same thing just on an M113 chassis

Simple.

R27ER will be better then Aim-120A/B in any situation except active seeker mode.

When it comes flight performance, well you know how any Phantom currently performs against top tier jets….

So it will be a good support and teamwork fighter but other then that it will be mediocre in most scenarios ( unless Gaijin decides to give Aim-9M-IRIS-T or Aim-120C).

I present the Taiwanese M730A1
Screenshot_20230828-125301-300

1 Like

did they cut off half of the drivers cabin?

now youre sitting outside with 4 rockets blasting your direction

that are the weird hoses in the front for?

9M and 120C would be Ahistorical but a required buff

When in transport mode there would be a cover that goes over the weapons system too both protect the missles, but also disguise the vehicle as simple logistics . Those bars at the front act as the support for the tarp, but obviously need to be removed from the bed of the vehicle for firing, so they get moved too the front