Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

No, the tech tree F-4F in game could carry 9Ls.

“The “Peace Rhine” programme in the early 1980’s introduced improved radar capabilities and the ability to deploy the AIM-9L and electro-optically guided AGM’s.”

2 Likes

if it was compatible I don’t see a point in either getting new Cs for the typhoon to bridge the time until Meteor is ready or still using the Bs on the F4F even tho more advanced Cs are in inventory

likely because once Typhoons started rolling in the F-4F ICE only needed missiles for self defense, using up old stock is pretty common in that situation as the B was good enough and it wasn’t expected to use them really anyway

yes, that upgrade program also added aerial refueling probes to the aircraft, so the version in game is pre peace rhine

Are there currently enough Fox3 carrying platforms in game for them to add them now without adding additional aircraft?

Do we have other jets like the J-8F that can carry Fox3 but currently don’t in other words

Pre-Peace Rhine cannot fire AGM-65s which the one in game can

Because replacing old missiles with new ones takes significant amount of time and money.

Thats why many country keeps their old armaments in their inventory in order to ability to supply their armies in war time.

but then why didn’t they do that with 9L and IRIS-T

once IRIS-T was available all airframes that could, did receive them, even the Phantoms that were about to retire

and besides that the germans used their phantoms only as fighters and not in a Multirole or Fighter bomber role

thus they were only ever issued to JG’s and the JaBoG’s kept their starfighters until Tornados arrived

Usa and Russia doesnt have any Fox-3 capable planes right now.

İf you dont consider Yak-141 of course.

USA literally has 2 planes with Fox 3 already in game

And those are?

Honestly IDK, it’s possible there were some major fire control changes from the AIM-120B to C which would make the C incompatible with a B rail but the chances are there wasn’t

Maybe the smaller fins on the C were an issue but that wasn’t the case with the F-15 which has the same mounting ejector for them so honestly I have no idea, just a strange artifact of Luftwaffe policy at the time I guess?

Tomcats

either that or an artifact of strange Luftwaffe mods to the F4F ICE Radar

because they always demand changes I wouldn’t be surprised if they changed that one up too

You’re talking about Phoenix missiles, right.

İ compeletly forgot they do exists in game considering how badly they perform and we were talking about amraams,r77s and pl-12 missiles.

they are Fox 3 even if they’re bad Fox 3s

Yep. While they are useless agains anyone looking around ARH is still ARH.

would you say Komoran are Fox3?

Thats true and my bad on that part.

But like i said i didnt considered those missiles when we were talking about Fox-3 meta since discussion was about Aim-120,R77 and Pl-12 mostly.

Still my mistake tho.

True.