Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I would be happy being an Eagle fan ;)

@someweirdname
Along with F-4F ICE & Gripen.

@BearHasLanded
B isn’t even in the game yet, doubt B+ is on the horizon.

Whats interesting is that fox 3s are coming at the same time in the same update if what they said is true
" The PL-12 missiles, same as other medium-range active seeker missiles for fighters of other game nations, will appear in War Thunder at the same time in one of the future game updates."

Now what is the PL-12 equivalent to?

F4F ICE needs to be added early on in the Fox 3 age in Warthunder

otherwise it’ll be even more useless

2 Likes

It’ll be Germany’s best fighter until Eurofighter, that’s for sure.

ik, IRL it was so good they took GDR MiG-29As with R-27R (and R-73) over it as soon as they could

2 Likes

PL-12 is between a AIM-120B and C
PL-12A is supposed to be comparable to the AIM-120C-4

Which is why I think the first AMRAAM we see will be an early C variant, although it could be the B

2 Likes

so gon start off with a version more advanced than the F4F carried

already had little hope for it but that kinda makes it seem DOA

2 Likes

Vidar?

yeah

It would fit, afaik the F-4F we have in game only carried AIM-9B so it’s not a huge issue

One step to getting a SK sub tree. I wonder if the K9 would be a premium soon.

Either the K9A1 Vidar, or potentially Vidar class minelayer
N42_Jotvingis

1 Like

F-4F ICE won’t be DOA tho.

@BearHasLanded
Yeah no I don’t expect PL-12s the same update as the first AMRAAMs for balancing data collection.
Gaijin has never dove head first with missiles before and I doubt they’ll start with ARHs.

na the versions we have in game never carried 9B

the early one carried 9F (9B F.GW2 is the german name)

the TT Pre ICE one carried 9F and 9L

Doubt it would be that ship lmao

Hmmmmmm

The J-8F is known to carry the PL-12 BVRAAMs (beyond-visual-range air-to-air missiles), but adding them to the game would mean the J-8F has a significant advantage over all opponents on the battlefield. Our team also had the idea to equip the fighter with PL-11 missiles as a placeholder, but such missiles could not be used on the J-8F due to lack of the target illumination radar. Therefore, we decided to introduce a set of 6 PL-8 missiles for the J-8F, which make the aircraft an excellent duellist at medium and close distances. The PL-12 missiles, same as other medium-range active seeker missiles for fighters of other game nations, will appear in War Thunder at the same time in one of the future game updates.

[Development] J-8F jet fighter and future plans on the BVRAAMs - Developers Blog - War Thunder - Official Forum

good amount of mines

you’ll lay the last one after the first one despawned tho