Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

That is because none of the old assets were reworked. In all Dagor updates they focused on lightning and ground textures which look good but the old models are really starting to show their age.
I really would like to see map asset update.

4 Likes

Yeah the engine is solid, many of the old assets are not.

1 Like

I’d really like a new engine to be developed, to take advantage of new graphics technology,
This and a NEW gamemode, focusing on teamwork and fun

litteraly in the devblog (of the J8F)

While the engine isn´t something like UE5 it is still very impressive and versatile and on paar with many other engines. “Better engine” doesn´t mean better graphics just look at HLL using UE4 well known good engine and compare it to Enlisted which uses Dagor. I would without a doubt say that Enlisted looks much better.
Everything is dependant on the asset quality, which is in WT´s case not that great because many of the assets are from at best case from 2016. If you look at the post 2016 maps (that use then new assets) such as Fulda, Maginot Line, Arctic, Abandoned Town ect. you will notice that they are way more detailed and noticably better looking.

Even in the case of gamemodes it isn´t really engine limitation (mostly). But it is decision they had made long time ago and in many cases new gamemodes would require completly new map designs. Which limit the potential testing ability.

@Smin1080p Any news regarding a rework of RealShatter?

Yeah the engine is fine they Just need to update some of the old stuff. If we can get Enlisted visuals mixed with the good ones from here then we are set.

1 Like

Thats actually downgraded they remove the NERA and replaced it with a few bricks of Kontakt-1 so dumb lel, why would you remove them they probably thought they are just metal, and K1 atleast protects kinda against the helicopter missiles but the angled NERA blocks on the 2A6 are actually more effective in this case.

It’s actually a LEO2A4 CAN from Canada.
You can tell it’s this version thanks to the small camera on the upper glasis that exclusive on the Canadian Version of the LEO 2A4.
So they didn’t remove any NERA or the angled NERA block of the 2A6, it’s just an adition of Kontackt 1 era.
It will be useless against any modern atgm but it’s usefull against RPG since the amount of protection on the 2A4 is weak for modern standard.

1 Like

Really hope the Pvkv IV is added soon – they’ve got the model, and it’s one of the few vehicles remaining that haven’t been added yet from the big leak a while back.

Oh, and I’d also really like to see the Olifant Mk 1B Optimum at 9.7/10.0! Could go before or after the TTD, but would just add another unique South African vehicle. That tree has sort of been neglected since it’s introduction (only additions after the initial update being the Sarc Mk IVa iirc?)

and drones

WHAT kind of staff do u see at rank 8? Russian ?

Are u talking GF rank 8

Yes, given that they plan on it coming soon (birthday update most likely)

That would make the leo pso most likely for a premium or event vehicle, woulnt say it is rank 8 material, that or the german will get multiple tech tree leos at once, which is unbelievable for me

1 Like

There has also been the G6, Ystervark, and Bosvark added from that nation. And though we haven’t had it implemented yet, the non-Optimum Mk.1B was seen in the files in the 2.15.0.13 UHD textures leak ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/twe9ez/new_vehicles_added_and_readded_with_the_ultra/ )

I’m also wondering abt the Pvkv IV, from a different perspective: how might it 's introduction relate to the research tree condensation in the Changes Roadmap ?

Despite being a new vehicle, it doesn’t differ significantly in it 's ability to provide gameplay compared to the version already implemented ( Pvkv III ). Before the changes announcement I would’ve expected it to become a prem, or a low event prize - and maybe it still will. But there 's also the possibility that it could become a foldered vehicle, since the reduced barrier to unlocking it might afford it the chance to be used to freely provide another historically interesting vehicle for players w/o increasing the overall length required to the top of the TT. The same might apply to other variant vehicles we’ve seen leaked but not implemented, like the Avro Shackleton MR.1
or Nassau-class, SMS Nassau

I’ve also wondered how far the foldering will go, will it just be between related developments of vehicles or encompass full groups of ones w/ similarities in use, like the A6M2-N/N1K1 folder does ? Or even just vehicles which are similar to eachother in TT position/battle rating, like the erstwhile CR.42/G.50 folder.

Do we really need rank 8 so far? Imo it can wait a bit, until more irl stuff enters service at least…

I mean, they allready said its coming and was with Rang 8 air also no surprise, the only question realy is, WHEN will it come… (Mark Dezember)

@Smin1080p

Is it possible that we could see the Rafale-A C01 and or C02 at the same time as the venerable and upcoming Gripen variant?

They have very similar capabilities except BVR on the C01

I guess Rafale C01 & Rafale M03 something better Gripen A, especially flight preformance

I need you to talk to Dassault Rafale thread, this tread guess rumor only

1 Like