Someone Explain the M735 Nerf

It shouldn’t even be hard to revert, at all.

Assuming the data is in source control, the change can be undone very quickly, assuming the system is even remotely sane.

1 Like

It took almost 18 months after the report was made to fix the Mk. 4 Mod 0 Gun pod on the A-4; it’s RoF was set to 360, instead of 3600 and was implemented well after the US H-34 was added which had the fixed gunpod.

2 Likes

Because you shouldnt have to aim for weakspots. 11 top tier russian tanks ufps are overperforming underneath k5 by over 100mm LOS. M829a1 and equivalent should pen under 1200m.

The entire tank is a weakspot. And that the point. Nato tanks have to aim for artificial weakspots. And russia doesnt. Bc the nato tanks are right for the most part

8 Likes

I still shake my head at how long it took for Gaijin to admit they goofed up when they input the speed limit on the Sherman’s stabilizer. They didn’t even bother to check if we metric-hating Americans wrote it down in miles per hour and just entered it into the game as if it was in kph.

6 Likes

Awesome I just bought Type 16 (FPS) as I did not check it was nerfed . It is unusable now , I can`t pen anything on when uptiered .

I hope it is going to be reverted , for now I stop playing it , not funny to have 1.0 K/D

1 Like

Soviets using even worse ammo on their 8.7s: “First time?”

1 Like

What a lazy answer.
If they don’t have time to review it in time for the patch then you just leave it alone and change it after reviewing the sources! Why is Gaijin just changing it without checking first? Just leave it alone till it’s actually fact checked… I think that is how you handle stuff like this.

3 Likes

It appears this was already fixed.

image-64
Screen cap from about 10 minutes ago. It has not been fixed? It looks like the pen is carried along distance better and preforms better angled. So it might be?
It’s better than just the flat reduction it was before at least.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s 4mm more pen at 2km 60 degrees, sadly I didn’t record 100m pen so I can’t address that.

It’s the same. The difference is they reduced the range from 5000 meters to 2000 meters.

4 Likes

The first screenshot in the first post is how it apeared day one after the patch if you want to cross reference the pen tables.

That would be correct, I completely didn’t notice the table not going to 5000

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out.
Then yeah, it’s interesting this new round pens 4mm more at 2km than the old calculation, but seemingly less at closer ranges.

1 Like

AFAIK that is literally impossible unless the round has a rocket built in (no lol)

chinese M60TTS

The list so far is:
XM-1
M60A1 RISE (P)
M60A3 TTS (Chinese)
Type 16 (P)
Type 16 (FPS)

1 Like

Pretty sure a REAL M735 can penetrate 410mm of armor. But gaijin hates USA so they made our 8.7 MBTs have less pen than a 6.3 Bulldog

4 Likes

No, unfortunately the Type-16 (FPS) also only has M735 which is really hurting it right now. Hopefully this is either looked into more by the devs to see if the changes were actually correct or M774 is added to these vehicles to enhance their usefullness.

1 Like

They could also just give it M833 as it’s closer to the performance of DM33 which is on the m48 in the German tree