Solution to the Battle Rating issue:

The F-80C will only face planes better than it is. It wouldn’t be able to be moved down becuase then it faces 5.0 props. You also can’t move the F-86s and Mig–15s up to rank VI becuase then they would only face supersonics and stuff like the A-10.

There will always be hard coded uptiers/downtiers.

Even if you add more ranks, you can’t balance as good as you can with the BR system because the BR system is variable, and the rank system is not.

More or less but look at like this, without looking at BR and just the tanks and whatever knowledge you have of them. Look at Rank IV Germany as it is today. What other vehicles across other nations should be Rank IV to specifically fight against these vehicles? Then look across all of Rank IV, (again ignoring BR) and tell me that most arent on your list. Sure there will be exceptions but those can be fixed.

A Tiger II would never see a Centurion Mk 10 or T54, or BMP-1 or any kind of ATGM…as an example, there would never be an “uptier” as we see it today,

Not looking at BRs, just planes that share rank and their capability.

Sure lets move those rank 5s down. I would love to fight 75mm panthers in my is3/4/6.

What would be the highest perfoming tank at the “new” rank 4? And the lowest?

It’s moot, in both cases I log off…

Thats not even what I said and your comment about moving rank 5 down makes no sense to what I said…did you mean to reply to me or are you just replying to a conversation in your head?

How would you fix those exceptions without moving them?

And what vehicle would be the top and bottom of the rank? Perfomance wise

Can you give me an example of an exception? Leveraging the rank IV I mentioned previously.

There is no top or bottom its just preference., If it were me personally I would run the Panther F, it’s one of my favorite tanks. Just preference at this point. As far as performance, it depends on the player and thier playstle, I’d rather play a French 5.3 Against a Tiger II but it’s technically a lower rank.

Or any vehicles that are stronger than them. While also seeing a ton of vehicles weaker than them. In your mind, would it be OK for Hellcats, 76mm Shermans and T-34-85s to fight Tiger II Hs every game? Because they assuredly would. Being that Tiger IIs would be positioned at such a tier that they’d almost exlusively fight weaker vehicles, they would be spammed, flooding the MM and dragging every Rank IV into matches against them.

If you then say you’d split off the 5.7s into their own rank, I’d point to the 6.0s, like the Cent Mk1 or the M4/T26. Split them off again, now you have the 6.3s that are weaker. Then you’re just dealing with the BR system again, just with a limited BR MM spread. Making this whole excersize pretty pointless.

2 Likes

You are making no sense regarding markimash questions.

That sounds like BR with extra steps!

I listed the IS tanks. Is3/4/6 are a good match up for the tigers and jadgtiger.

There would be a top/bottom. You will have vehicles that will only face tough opponents and other that will only face easy ones.

I dont think i would ever choose the jumbo 76 or cent mk1 if i knew i would only ever see tiger 2s/jadgtiger

Then answer him because right now he’s asking me only hypotheticals that are outside the example I gave.

Exactly my point. The same thing would happen in air, which I already explained using the Mig-15/F-86.

Im not answering him, I agree with him.

YOU need to provide sensible answer.

OK now I understand what you mean by move rank 5s down. and I would 100% disagree with you because IS3IS4s etc imho are far superior to anything rank IV and thus would never face eachother and remain in rank 5

OK and I am having a good discussion with him, if you dont like it pound sand. I could give a shit about YOU…

Don’t break the convo.

You could? Im glad.

But if they remain in rank V, all of their enemies will have Heat/apds/stabs/atgms.

See the issue?

It’s either club or be clubbed.

1 Like

Is3 would for sure need to go down though. Is3 vs rank5 german more often would be bad. Or rank 5 sweden

No because most conventional rounds struggle against heavy armor, (e.g. M82 cant pen frontally or sides at certain ranges.)

Won’t even talk about the current state of French tanks against armor.

OK maybe that’s a good example of an exception.