Solution to the Battle Rating issue:

Meanwhile, under your system, the earliest, flareless F-4C would be facing the most advanced domestic Phantom (F-4S) with high G, long range, borderline undodgable missiles, PD RADAR and AIM-7Fs. Every. Single. Game.

Your F-86-F2s would be facing all aspect missiles. Every. Single. Game.

Unlocked a starter jet? First time out of props? Guess who has to fight MiG-15 Bis’s and F-86s. And, you guessed it, every, single game.

Enjoy playing an M5A1 Stuart when you’re facing KV-1s every game. Or a Hetzer against Jumbos. Or countless other examples.

If your biggest issue is uptiers, how does it make sense to switch to a system that guarantees effective uptiers for most vehicles within a rank?

It wouldnt create more compression but instead and in many ways decompress certain tanks today.

This assumption is reliant on a BR system.

80% on certain BRs is essentially the same as a perm uptier.

How would going from like 30 mm steps to 8 not cause compression?

How? Unless every single tank in a rank is the exact same, you will get it.

Even if the BR system is ignored, there will still be hard coded “uptiers” and “downtiers.” Some vehicles will only face vehicles better than it, and some will only face worse vehicles. This will make balance terrible.

You make zero sense.

BR allows for more fine tuning of vehicles simply because there are more BRs than ranks.

What is that second plane? I feel you are not giving out complete information on purpose ;)

Your proposition would still have the same issue of unfair matchups.

F-4C and F-4S are same rank VII, but F-4S will eat F-4C for breakfast.

Why do you …yet again… assume? Why only 8

That’s an issue with the MM system. Not the BR system.

And would you rather 80% or 100%?

Share an example that isnt an extreme

Add more ranks? Sure, almost like we will end up with the same number of ranks as we have brs

Oh so you wanna add more ranks to be able to more finely tune the matchups.

Sure!

But my dude, you are going to end up with BRs again, just under different name.

He is talking about the yak38 at 9.3

Tiers/Ranks used to come into play for matchmaking in the past, for certain modes, but have changed somewhat over the years. Now being relegated to only being used as a metric for progression. Meaning you have to unlock “x” amount of vehicles in this tier to open up the next tier for research . . making tiers just for researching purposes primarily now. And the BRs are made up numbers not solely based on a vehicle’s performance, but more as a measure on what vehicles they will face in battle. And production/service dates have never really been a parameter for that either. Also, BRs can overlap tiers, so . . . that would be problematic as well. The current system is functional, and yeah, there are spots where improvements could be made. But save a complete overhaul of the entire BR & MM’ing system already in place, small tweaks here and there are the best option available. While I agree that simpler is almost always the better option, over simplification can be just as big a problem or even worse than what we are using now . . … just my opinion

Sure you could run 10-12 ranks, but the keye is that you are only matched with the same rank. So a rank 10 would never see a rank 9 or 11…

So basically keep brs but only have 9.3 vs 9.3?

You think that yak-38 would win against 9.0 F-86F-2? 💀💀

When did i say that?

Well, not you. OP.

if its the f86 j then yeah, yak would clap its cheeks instantly

No again you are looking at this entirely too much through a BR lense.

That is what you are saying though. Brs are basically a list of what can face what. Your rank system is also a list of what can face what

2 Likes