Smooth brain BR changes

F-16C/AM with fox3 at 13.7… OK great.

What about an F-16A block15 with no tws, HMD and no radar missiles whatsoever, just Aim-9M? Let’s put it at 13.3!! ~ Gaijin

F-16ADF/MLU at 13.0… OK I guess
What about F-15A with double the radar missiles, more flares, better flight performance and Aim-9M?? Let’s put it at 13.0!!! ~ Gaijin

F-5E… F-5E FCU… Ehh I’m done

Also Ja39 at same BR as F16A. Lohic 10001%

1 Like

Yeah that’s probably one of the worst, haven’t even noticed that one

because being 13.0 is so much more fair?

So these are OK with only 9Ls and 7Ms at 13.0 but your 6x 9M carrier NEEDS to be the same BR?

F-15C is 13.7…

2 Likes

You’re advocating for the F-16 with 6x AIM-9M to be the same BR as the ones with 9Ls… no difference

Radar missiles? which in this new meta with multi path changes is a HUGE difference.

And yes the 0.3 makes a massive difference on if jets get sucked up or down. It’s now going to have to fight against a ton of ARH missiles with not even a sarh missile.

Guy probably meant the F15A which rightfully has no fucking place being at 13 with Aim9Ms, Aim7f’s, an 8 missile loadout, a really good radar and a solid flight performance.

2 Likes

TBF JA39 needs to be 13.3 along with F-15A, not 13.0

Where am I advocating for that? This “decompression” patch only decompressed stuff around 9.3-11.0 a bit, the rest were not decompressed and are worse In some aspects. The 13.7 BR raise is decent, but is not enough.

Also like sadrootbeer pointed out, radar missiles are far more useful now.

Also, I meant the F-15A (not C) is 13.0, already corrected that

I don’t even have the french F-16A, but I know what a block15 is and what aim-9m are so I can have an opinion, and that plane will face top tier constantly without even a single sparrow, how come it is higher BR than the F-15A? It’s worse in every aspect except similar dogfight performance

The early JAS39A sits on a weird spot, essentially doesn’t have any radar missiles because Aim7E-2 are useless at those BR’s, and now not having radar missiles means you are always defensive or 3rd partying someone else with your fox2’s, on top of that it will be fighting fox3 most of the time

İt’s the F-5C/E of top tier, just with great IR missiles

UFO: ✅
Non existent IR signature: ✅
Will flare any IR missile in rear aspect: ✅
Rat mode: ✅

İmo better to make it 13.3 than to make everything else suffer

Because it is basically unkillable Vs %90+ of everything below 13.0

But the F-5C doesn’t have to worry about radar missiles, at least not any decent ones. Also it had many flight performance nerfs, is now similar to a block10 or f-16c but does 1C a bit better.

Imo better decompress some more instead of constantly moving problems up or down

They should have made highest BR 14.0

Gripen A 13.3
Su-27 13.3
Mirage 2000F 13.7
Mig-29SMT 13.3
Su-27SM 13.7
F-15C 14.0
F-16C 14.0
Gripen C (British) 13.7
Gripten Italian 14.0/13.7 (Has Aim-120A unlike British)
F-15A 13.3

2 Likes

Random matches don’t work like 1v1 duels 98% of the time, that’s why the su27 was unmatched in AirRB even though it didn’t do well in a duel if opponents had flares to spam

You can turn on periodic flare on gripen, for like, 4-5 minutes. Then good luck getting killed below 13.0

You gotta spam a lot faster than that, I got many gripens, specially with r-73’s that were flaring without paying attention. But now you gotta avoid radar missiles which makes you defensive and even if you evade, a good player will have the drop on you with guns or fox2

That’s the thing, only bison has those below 13.0, and that’s only 2. (Not gonna count su-39 just lol)

gripen A is 13.0, and probably will go higher soon

No, there is no argument which makes 6x AIM-9M worse or even equal to 4x 9L and 2x 7M. The difference between a 9L and a 9M is far too great. 9Ms are extremely effective missiles at that BR.

2 Likes

Not really. Still better to have 6x AIM-9M than 2x 7M which are just ok radar missiles to begin with, and 4x 9L which is far worse than the 9M.

The one with 7M will start with a huge advantage every time. Yes 9M are better than 9L, except at rear aspect which the 9M is easy to flare even if you have a hot plane, but 7M are arguably more useful than 9M now. So id call it a side grade, even tho I personally would go for 4x9L+2x7M than 6x9M.

I only like 9M only loadout if I have a good TWS radar like the gripen or F-16C (but the f-16c has amraams now) to be able to stay high and unspotted while tracking people to see if they’re about to come at me with radar missiles. This isn’t possible in the french F-16A which have lower situation awareness