Since Fakour-90 got so much better with the 5G buff in manoeuvrability , give AiM-9M and improve AiM54C (24G dual plane maneuvering) for the F-14B and put it at 13.3

Title explains the idea.
The Fakour-90 in the dev server got a very significant improvement in G load, making it a much deadlier missile, probably good enough to make it competitive even with the medium range fox-3s at higher BRs.

Meanwhile it has been almost a year since the AiM-9M got added and the F-14B still does not have it (despite the fact that the F-14B entered service LATER than the AiM-9M introduction date).

Since the F-14B is also a (much) better airframe than the F-14A, imho with an improved AiM-54C (especially 24G manoeuvrability to resemble IRL dual plane manoeuvrability, which the phoenix could use by rolling itself) and AiM-9M could become an excellent 13.3 aircraft, differentiating it enough from other US aircraft and making it more interesting to play.

It would also open the possibility to give the F-14A AiM-9Ls and raising his br to 12.7, which would make it less oppressive on lower tier (11.3) aircraft, since some of them even lack RWRs.

Iranian F-14 would also go to 12.7 as well since this improved more manoeuvrable fakours have no business fighting 11.3

15 Likes

This is relevant to the dev server how?

3 Likes

fakour got a buff in the dev server, not yet on the live server

5 Likes

Is it not simpler to just move the IRIAF F-14A to 12.7?

missed that, my bad.

5G buff is a net neutral maneuverability with AIM-54C as the Fakour-90 accelerates faster.
So what happens? Fakour-90 becomes on-par with AIM-54C in maneuverability while being faster to speed.

As for your suggestion… F-14D can fill that role.
F-14A we have is an Early and should retain its AIM-9Hs as its current historical loadout.
They can have F-14B retain 9Ls, and/or add a late F-14A for 9Ls.

There are 2 11.3s that should be 11.0, and further decompression can occur.

1 Like

A friend I play a lot with and I got into this argument, 9Ms would benefit the tomcat greatly since it’s a competitive airframe with good electronics and lots of CMs.

Phoenix buffs would also be nice, 13.0 for tomcat would be good with those 2 buffs.

1 Like

F-14A Early in 1977 before produced AIM-9L 2 years. so not received AIM-9L and not change BR

But F-14A (1995) upgrade bombcat and located group before F-14B, similar to F-14B and BR 12.7

Change IR SRAAM stock 2x AIM-9L replace with AIM-9M and 4x AIM-9M & AIM-9M-8 instead AIM-9L on F-14B

4 Likes

Ey.
I think I’m understanding your posts more and more.

F-14A should be 12.3.
F-14A Iran should be 12.7 with decompression.
All 12.7 up move up by 0.3.
Other 12.3s move to 12.7 such as EJ Kai and Mirage 2000.

Even on Early model, they can add AIM-9Ls because Navy tested it at China Lake with F-14A in 1977, that is literally same year with SAC.

100% Couldn’t have said it better myself

1 Like

Nah. Just make the Iranian f-14 12.7 and that’ll be the end of it. Overall, it’s more lethal in a head-on(r27R) and BVR(Fakour) but far less problematic rear aspect, low speed, rate fights, and especially survivability compared to the F-14B IMO

F-14D fits what you want at a higher BR

2 Likes

Simpler yes, but imho this change would make the F-14B a lot more interesting. Also This whole thing would prevent F-14s from fighting 11.3s

1 Like

But since we have no F-14D and are not sure if when it may come if it comes, F14B could assume this role, even buffing the phoenix to 20G would be nice or AIM-9M, both if you would want the aircraft to go to 13.3.

Tomcat would greatly benefit from at least a phoenix buff, Fakour being buff imho is a none sense

1 Like

That’s not how game development works.
F-14B is already fine without that weapon, and you forge that F-15A is 13.0 currently.
And Mig-29SMT along with F-4F ICE are 13.3 with better loadouts than just adding 9Ms to F-14B.

9Ms and improved AiM-54C. Also both F4F ICE and for the most part the MiG-29SMT flight performance is worse compared to the F-14B. Also MiG-29SMT is the best 13.3 and could probably be 13.7.

1 Like

For BVR, SMT and F-4F ICE are tied, and ahead of F-14B because of AMRAAMs.
And for top speed, F-4F ICE and F-14B are tied, the F-14B just gets there a bit faster.

It’s not who fires first that wins, it’s who fires last. And right now, F-14s are firing first, and no amount of AIM-54C alleged maneuverability fixes will change the fact it’s slower to accelerate and far easier to defeat than AMRAAMs.

Mig-29SMT cannot be 13.7, it is inferior to F-16C in all manners and the fact they were ever the same BR is largely an insult.
F-16C’s equivalent Mig-29 is likely the 29K.
And Mig-29M/35 are the F-15C equivalents.

1 Like

Do I have to say it?

Dual plane would be very confusing to code because of gaijin spaghetti code, it would also be very problematic because you have to give it to all missiles that have it. Now you could be out pulling a missile and than randomly it snaps from 30-42Gs and you’re dead. This messes up everything related to kinematically dodging missiles and opens up a whole new Pandora’s box (consistent 50G magic 2)

I wouldn’t be surprised if the engine upgrade Gaijin is cooking involves a lot of future-proofing.

1 Like

Hopefully with mountains that aren’t just triangles with textures on them

1 Like