F-14 Tomcat: History, Performance & Discussion

It is pretty sad that they can’t even model TCS correctly.

Sometimes play in SBEC but, OMEGA CROSS LINE on TCS screen at cockpit view is really annoying and, the screen is full color for somehow.

1 Like

Not that they “can’t” TCS’s functionality are pretty simple, and the optoelectronic lock systems used on some high tier AA and IFV’s could largely be used as the base for the system in-game. Gaijin just REFUSES to do so despite having incredibly well detailed primary sources on just about every bit of what the system can and cant do and how it does it.

The bug reports have been in since the literal day the F-14B was added to the dev server, gaijin is just too lazy, or just dislikes the F-14 too much to bother modelling it.

8 Likes

I’m hoping they are keeping this for the eventual F-14D. Maybe to make it more appealing idk.

They wont lol. They’ll only model the IRST capabilities, and even then, they wont do it well. They’ll also ruin the APG-71, and copy paste the AIM-54C for the AIM-54C ECCM/Sealed, then call it a day, all while ignoring all bug reports about it and its weapons.

5 Likes

F-14B can finally equip the JDAM

2 Likes
1 Like

They can’t.

Only B(U) and D model can.

1 Like

Ok. They will equip them as oxy said that

If they add it, I will need to post bug report to remove the JDAM from the F-14B or give it a Sparrowhawk HUD and rename to F-14B(U).

2 Likes

In fact F-14B not unable JDAM but change cockpit Sparrowhawk HUD from F-14D, add GBU-31(V)2 JDAM and rename F-14B → F-14B (U)

👍I mean…

You should consider using this (“Integration of the Join Direct Attack Munition on the F-14B
Tomcat” ), as the source but it is worth making clear that the existing F-14B configuration with access to LANTIRN and LGBs is still relatively accurate, The Extended Chaff Adapter, AIM-9M, and a functional TCS would be nice.

5 Likes

That’s what I will use documents.

However, it is still secondary source so, I need to find other documents.

I fount out that from ED forum but, not sure I can find other ones.

@Smin1080p_WT

I’m sorry for pinging, but can you clarify that the F-14B we currently have in the game has the loadout limitations in time or not just like the F-14A Early?

We don’t know which one we have in the game because F-14B can classify into regular B models(aka F-14A+) and “B Upgrade” that has JDAM, GPS, PTID mods and SparrowHawk HUD.

1 Like

BTW, some F-14 RIO dude could play Nintendo 64 or watch Top Gun movie with using PTID screen lmfao.

1 Like

F-14B is overperforming in sustained turn rate… does anyone have a chart for the F-14A to test?

1 Like

This is incorrect, last I checked the automatic wing schedule was used for this turn data. This means that you’d need to match wing angle and even then, the mounted ordnance makes it hard to extrapolate the data perfectly.

I don’t think there is a clean F-14 EM chart available on the internet atm.

1 Like

At those low speeds the wings are most likely open, also the G load value indicated in the chart seems to match the Ny value I got in the test, which puts it together with the other aircraft in the thread

1 Like

Yes it may overperform in the same manner as all the others but otherwise it should match the charts well enough based on the extrapolated data. I don’t think there is any inconsistency there but I have not checked it in detail.

1 Like

Yeah if it wasn’t for that N_y, n_z difference the tomcat would be following this chart perfectly, as many other aircraft are

1 Like