Siam-Thailand Lineups For Japanese Tech Tree

I see. Still, in my opinion, I would want for the VT-4 to be in Chinese Tech Tree, even if it’s classified as “Thai vehicle” (Similar to premium Sherman in other Tech Trees). And ,in it place, I would love to see TH-301 as the high tier tank, maybe before reaching Oplot-T(Object 478DU9-T).

Thyssen-Henschel 301 (TH-301) had quite a story with Royal Thai Army. During the trial for new vehicle at the Cavalry Center, it performed quite satisfactorily. Moreover, to sweeten the deal, Thyssen-Henschel also offered Royal Thai Army its right to locally produce most of the components, technological know-how, and even the right to export the locally produced products as well. However, in the end, TH-301 lost to Stingray, ending its potential of becoming the first and only locally produced Thai MBT (To my knowledge).

Source: TH-301 - Tank Encyclopedia

2 Likes

I apologize I don’t mean to start any flame wars I just thought with recent additions like Hungary which brought soviet and exported machines like KF-41 it would only make sense Gaijin would do the same with a Thailand sub tree. HOWEVER unlike the KF-41 which was only added to Italy, China should most definitely get these stuff as well.

1 Like

The Gripen is a Swedish design not a Chinese one

Yes im aware I was listing not just china but other nations exported stuff

The only sub-tree i would like to see in Japan is S.Korea

As for weapons from China that are used by the Thai military (not including firearms, SAM systems, and other combat support equipment), they are as follows.

Tanks and combat vehicles

VT-4 [MBT-3000]

VN-1 [ZBL-09]

Type 85 [Type YW531H]

VN 16 [ZTD-05]

SR-4

DTI-1 and DTI-1G

Retired

Type 62 (There is no exact information on when it was received.)

Type 69-II

Some have changed their guns to 105mm to be used as aggressor

Naval

HTMS Chang

HTMS Naraesuan Class

HTMS Chao Phraya Class

HTMS Kra buri Class

HTMS Pattani Class

HTMS Similan

As for having Chinese weapons, I personally have no problem with this matter whether it will be in the Thailand sub-tech tree or not. Because it is considered a weapon that Thailand uses. Just like the other weapons that were written above. This will increase the variety of car models. Including the introduction of weapons for export to China. But on the other side, Chinese players are dissatisfied with this matter. I also understood the conflict before. and may spread into chaos again Therefore, I think that we should carefully consider whether it is a good idea to include Chinese cars in this research tree or not. Or if you really want to import the game Maybe have those cars in the Chinese tech tree first. And maybe try to gradually add it in later, it’s still possible. Or if it’s not appropriate or have dissatisfaction We may not have to import it as well.

3 Likes

I don’t see why Chinese vehicles specifically shouldn’t be part of a subtree. Having vehicles present in multiple trees is the games way of representing successful export, which China currently has. The only issue I see is if China wouldn’t get these vehicles, which I agree would be bad. China should get these vehicles too, ideally before they are added anywhere else.

China especially has a lot of foreign vehicles in their tree, so I don’t see why they specifically would have such big issues.

As long as China also gets the vehicles there is no reason to hold them back. And even if there was I don’t see why China would get en exeption that other nations don’t.

Edit: I don’t mean they should all be added from the start, just not treated differently from any other Thai vehicles when choosing what to add.

7 Likes

This was proven to be false.

2 Likes

There are also many vehicles from Japan and the United States on the Chinese technology tree. I don’t think there is anything wrong with VT4 joining Japan because it is part of Thailand

7 Likes

Thailand could get VT-4 and China could get VT-4A1

4 Likes

In celebration of “The Kings Of Battle” update, I would like to talk about the potential high tier SPA for Thai line-up: D11A and M758 ATMG!

D11A

The localized version of PULS (formally known as Lynx MRL), D11A is the product of the partnership between DTI Defence (Technology Institute) and ELBIT Systems. D11A is the Multi-Purpose self-propelled multiple rocket launcher, similar to Type 75 MLRS in Japanese tech tree, with the capability of utilizing several types of rockets: 122mm, 306mm, and 370mm.

M758 ATMG (Autonomous Truck Mounted Gun, not Anti-Tank Guided Missile)

Based on Elbit Systems’ ATMOS 2000, M758 ATMG is the locally produced self-propelled howitzer system by Thai Weapon Production Centre (WPC) to compliment the existing Caesar 155mm utilized by Royal Thai Armed Forced. As of 2022, there are M758 ATGM in service, being mounted on 6×6 10 tonne Tatra T815 Truck.

Bonus M361 ATMM(Autonomous Truck-Mounted Mortar)

References/Sources:

7 Likes

I have good news to tell …

8 Likes

and this… 😁😁😁

7 Likes

I heard that Thai also operates T-84 oplot too isn’t it?

Yes, Thailand uses the T84 oplot-T by improving radio communication tools and internal air conditioning system suitable for Thailand

8 Likes

It passed to the devs, แม่จ๋า. Now we can only hope that Gaijin can work them out with our government. I don’t know the inner working of Gaijin, but I do believe that they have to deal with the government regarding the adding of vehicles. I can only hope that our government will take this chance, since they are working and thinking about enhancing Thai “soft power”.

4 Likes

hah they had a lot of stuff than i expected and pretty modern too.
interesting about T-84 Oplot-T i can’t find what kind of ammunition the Thai army really use by the look of it they should use something better than 3BM42

4 Likes

+1 Boys

3 Likes

As for the bullets used I don’t have any information on what model of ammunition was used. (Secret) But the Army procurement announcement specifies the types of ammunition used in the T-84 include:

1. HEAT-T
  2. HE - FRAGMENTATION
  3. APFSDS-T
  4. KOMBAT (ATGM)
2 Likes

In celebration for the upcoming Battle Of The Atlantic event, I would like to talk a little bit about Thai Submarines; Matchanu-class submarines!

HTMS Matchanu

Thai interest in Submarine can be traced back to the time of Royal Siamese Navy but came into fruition when the warship-procurement project was approved by the parliament, leading to the commissioning submarines for Royal Thai Navy: HTMS Matchanu, HTMS Wirun, HTMS Sinsamut, and HTMS Phlai Chumphon, all of which were built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

Layout for all Matchanu-class submarines

After the end of WW2, as a part of the defeated, Japan was prohibited from producing military hardware, resulting in the shortage for Thai submarines, and alongside the failure of Thai Navy led Manhattan Rebellion, Thai Submarine squadron was disbanded and all 4 submarines were later scrapped.

The superstructure of the Matchanu being preserved at the Naval Museum.

8 Likes