Siam-Thailand Lineups For Japanese Tech Tree

I think the concept of the EC-645T2 helicopter (based on the H145M) of the Royal Thai Navy is interesting because it has a weapon platform such as the FZ220, 223 Rocket pod or FN HMP400 pod, but I’m not sure if the Royal Thai Navy has purchased this or not. But if it is available, it would probably be a good thing to add this helicopters to it.

1 Like

I was familiar with this helicopter when it was used on the television station ITV (Thailand) some decades ago. to be used for news reporting Its use is still available in many countries. Used in rescue and civilian service.

It’s like I’ve encountered something.

4 Likes

I want to believe…

2 Likes

10 Likes

Thai Full Sub-Tree

Hello everyone This time I have written all the Thailand sub-trees in Japan. Including airplanes, tanks, warships and helicopters. Everyone can go vote and express their opinions. And I will bring interesting things about Thailand for everyone to see.

Thailand sub-tree : Ground tree

Thailand sub-tree : Aviation tree

Thailand sub-tree : Naval tree

Thailand sub-tree : Helicopter tree

Don’t forget to vote too.

13 Likes

Krabi Class, The Royal Sea Saber Of Thailand

HTMS Krabi (OPV-551), first of her class

The modified UK’s River-class patrol vessel, Krabi class is a class of offshore patrol vessel built by Mahidol Adulyadej Naval Dockyard with the technological support and assistance from BAE Systems Surface Ships, UK. Currently there are 2 Krabi Class OPVs under the Royal Thai Navy service: HTMS Krabi, named after the province of Krabi, and HTMS Prachuap Khiri Khan, named after the province of Prachuap Khiri Khan.

HTMS Prachuap Khiri Khan (OPV-552)

While similar in size and spec, HTMS Prachuap Khiri Khan also carries 4 x RGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missiles alongside the usual 1 × OTO Melara 76/62 Super Rapid, 2 × 30mm MSI-DSL/ATK DS30MRs, and 2 × U.S. Ordnance M2HBs at the cost of reducing its operational range and speed (From 10,200 km to 6,500 km in range and from 6,500 km to 43 km/h in speed).

3 Likes

Just wanna say you did a great job on these!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I appreciate it 🙏🙏

5 Likes

D(r)iving Deeper, A little bit of Thai made IFV

15-tonnes Infantry Fighting Vehicle

As the cold war progressed and uncertainty began to fall upon Southeast Asia, Thailand began the quest for its locally made and produced war machines. The following information is sourced from the article “15-Tonnes Infantry Fighting Vehicle” by Napat Patch on the tanks-encyclopedia.com.

The 15-Tonnes Infantry Fighting Vehicle (Thai: รถเกราะสายพานหุ้มเกราะขนาด ๑๕ ตัน) was one of the Royal Thai Army’s very few projects to develop and produce a domestic Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV). It was an attempt to create a prototype to pave the way for national production and usage of a locally designed armored vehicle and to solve the existing problems faced with acquiring foreign vehicles.

In the year 1980, following the issuing of a self-reliance policy, many branches of the Thai Army initiated research and development projects, such as 7-tonned wheeled armored vehicle based on/modified from Cadillac Gage Commando Scout, and license-produced APC 6614.

The 7-tonnes wheeled armored vehicle, which was based on the experiences gained on the previous “Commando scout” reconnaissance vehicle but with drastic design changes. Source: กองทัพบกไทยในรอบ สี่สิบปี

The license-produced APC 6614 on display at the two-hundredth anniversary celebration of Rattanakosin on 9 April 1982. Source: ALL WARFARE ISSUE 138 P2

Side of the 15-tonnes Infantry Fighting Vehicle with letter ศอว.ทบ. Which stand for Army weapon produce centre (Thai: ศูนย์อํานวยการสร้างอาวุธ กองทัพบก)

Source: Battlefield weekly issue 481 Page 30

The 15-tonnes Infantry Fighting Vehicle (Thai: รถเกราะสายพานหุ้มเกราะขนาด ๑๕ ตัน) was developed by using a budget allocation from the Royal Thai Army. For this new vehicle, they completely redesigned the drive train and chose new more suitable components. In 1982, the WPC selected a Cummins VT-903 C 8-cylinder, 4-stroke, 350 hp diesel engine and a Allison CLT.754 transmission system purchased from a foreign country. Other components were supplied locally, but the tank still used mild steel to reduce the cost of the prototype. The first prototype of the 15-tonnes Infantry Fighting Vehicle was finished in 1985.

For more information regarding the development and armament of this IFV, please visit and learn more about Thai IFV history via the link to the article https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/cold-war/thailand/ifv-15-ton

Reference:

Patch, Napat. “15-Tonnes Infantry Fighting Vehicle”. Tank Encyclopedia, 23 Aug, 2023. https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/cold-war/thailand/ifv-15-ton

4 Likes

Huh…
Source: Unused assets in War Thunder (gszabi99.github.io) From the reddit post by gszabi99 on r/Warthunder

5 Likes

There was also a Thailand leak a few days ago. The list is most likely fake but I think this is the first tine we see a full Thailand leak list

2 Likes

On the topic of Thailand I think it would be fine to see the exported Chinese design vehicles for the sub tree. They are in service with Thailand and such should come together ofc China should get them as well even tho stuff like the VT-4 are only meant for export but it would be fair.

I might list some of the Chinese stuff in service with Thailand but any help would be nice since im still new when it comes to Thailand. And not just China but other nations exported stuff too.

2 Likes

Thailand VT-4

Thailand VN-1
This is all I could find for fround forces

Type 71E

Naresuan-class

Chao Phraya-class frigate

Some of these are actually Thai designed but built in China.

Thailand Gripen C

Also sorry for the long posts

1 Like

…This is going to upset some, if not many, Chinese players. Even if it’s only the export version, many Chinese players might not like the sight of this. I hope this doesn’t spark the infraction between War Thunder players. After all, we should all be here to have fun…

Hell Taker Van Ripper GIF - Hell Taker Van Ripper Sweating - Discover & Share GIFs

1 Like

Well, we have this stuff in other TTs, so if they will be upset - ask to delete some vehicles from Ger tree, for example

5 Likes

I see. Still, in my opinion, I would want for the VT-4 to be in Chinese Tech Tree, even if it’s classified as “Thai vehicle” (Similar to premium Sherman in other Tech Trees). And ,in it place, I would love to see TH-301 as the high tier tank, maybe before reaching Oplot-T(Object 478DU9-T).

Thyssen-Henschel 301 (TH-301) had quite a story with Royal Thai Army. During the trial for new vehicle at the Cavalry Center, it performed quite satisfactorily. Moreover, to sweeten the deal, Thyssen-Henschel also offered Royal Thai Army its right to locally produce most of the components, technological know-how, and even the right to export the locally produced products as well. However, in the end, TH-301 lost to Stingray, ending its potential of becoming the first and only locally produced Thai MBT (To my knowledge).

Source: TH-301 - Tank Encyclopedia

2 Likes

I apologize I don’t mean to start any flame wars I just thought with recent additions like Hungary which brought soviet and exported machines like KF-41 it would only make sense Gaijin would do the same with a Thailand sub tree. HOWEVER unlike the KF-41 which was only added to Italy, China should most definitely get these stuff as well.

1 Like

The Gripen is a Swedish design not a Chinese one

Yes im aware I was listing not just china but other nations exported stuff