Siam-Thailand Lineups For Japanese Tech Tree

The answer is!!

Type 80 Anti Aircraft Machine Gun ( Vickers .5" Class D ) Imported into service in 1937 from England, initial number 24, entered service to replace the Type 77 Heavy Machine Gun (Vicker Machine Gun) in the 3rd company of 1st anti-aircraft battalion and 2st anti-aircraft battalion and lead Vicker Machine Gun move to Heavy machine gun Platoon in 1st company and 2st company of 1st anti-aircraft battalion and 2st anti-aircraft battalion. After World War II it was mounted on the M3 Half Track and was used until around 1967, with the M42 Duster and M55 Quadmount being replaced.

Type 80 Heavy Machine Gun ( Vickers .5" Class D )

Type 77 Heavy Machine Gun ( Vickers Machine Gun )

I don’t mind using a Japanese crew. But if getting a Thai tank crew like in the picture or thai crew wearing the Adrian M31 helmet would be good, not less. 😆😆

Cr. Redirecting...

4 Likes

Today we are going to look at the differences between the Army and Police T17E1 Staghound. What differences do you see? Let’s start.

2 Likes

One has a Breda and the other has a Madsen?

2 Likes

As for the difference between an Army Staghound and a Police Staghound, of course the right one is “Weapons”.

Royal Thai Army : Mounted a 20 mm AA Machine Cannon M/38 gun.

Royal Thai Police : Mounted a 20 mm Type 97 automatic cannon gun.

4 Likes

If I may, this TT option is missing one of the most important systems Thailand operates. If Japan is ever to get a Thai subtree in any form, it ought to have their RBS 70 launch platform, to give Japan some kind of SAM.

2 Likes

Normally, the RBS-70 of the Royal Thai Air Force is a ground-based version, by taking the RBS-70 up and down on the vehicle. hypothetical that the firing point to the ground cannot be fired therefore use the roof of the car It’s a place to shoot instead.

For SAM type weapons, I would recommend other vehicle mount models such as the Startreak on Type 51 utility vehicle and Igla-S on Thairung TR Transformer 4x4.

2 Likes

An actual solution that is NOT the Korean tree

10 Likes

Actually, i have already tried to explain why Thailand would make more sense then South Korea but some players/people are to stubborn unfortunately.

Japan could also receive Indonesia and Malaysia as it exported/donated arms to them but that of course depends if other are okay with it.

6 Likes

While waiting for the Ship Tree Poll, let’s guess what ship this is. Whoever answers correctly gets 1 heart. 😂 😂

2 Likes

Patrol Boat No. 1802 Dumrong Rajanubhab ?

5 Likes

That’s correct.!!

This is one of three ships of the Royal Thai Marine Police Division’s 180 ft patrol boat, which consists of

• Patrol Boat No. 1802 Dumrong Rajanubhab

• Patrol Boat No. 1803 Lopburi Ramesuan

• Patrol Boat No. 1804 Srinagarindra (Use the same model as the HTMS Long Lom.)

These ships were armed with 76/50 guns and two 20 mm Oerlikon guns. (For Srinakarin , mount dual 30mm GCM-AO3-2 and two 20 mm Oerlikon guns.)

4 Likes

Friendly Reminder:
HTMS Chakri Naruebet, aircraft carrier and a flagship of Royal Thai Navy, is smaller in both size and length than IJN Haruna, the rank V Japanese Battleship.

If used as an aircraft carrier, would it be too difficult to land? Because I personally find it difficult because the runway is too short (174.1 m).

I would assume it would be used with Helicopters and Harriers that can both land vertically, so the only issue would be taking off with fully loaded harriers, which is what that ramp would be for.

Then again I’m just going by the image so I could be wrong.

You got it right, when taking off use 12° Skijump and when landing. then landed with a vertical landing

This clip :

Dual 30mm GCM-AO3-2 on Patrol Boat No. 1804 Srinagarindra

2 Likes

While waiting for the helicopter research line Let’s talk about Japanese helicopters in Thailand.

(ปล. ใครทันลำนี้นี่ไม่เด็กแล้วนะ)

2 Likes

Unfortunately the Thai BK-117 are only used by Civilian operators and Japan only officially used them for Police duties. There is an armed variant of the BK-117 (BK-117A-3M) but i doubt Japan used it and the only country i know off that uses BK-117A-3 is South Africa

1 Like

People seem to forget that the H145 is just an airbus rebranded BK117 D. It’s still as much a Kawasaki project as much as it was during the BK117 days, however just received a new name after the EC and Airbus purchases seeing as there was no longer B in BK. Every BK117/EC145/H145 is still 40% manufactured by Kawasaki with just the FACO changing depending on the region.

Also seeing as how Kawasaki has exclusive marketing rights in the Asia Pacific due to original agreements a Thai H145 should be in the Japanese tree. Just the FACO and delivery happen from Airbus due to to the whole military exports

restrictions thing.

2 Likes

I think the concept of the EC-645T2 helicopter (based on the H145M) of the Royal Thai Navy is interesting because it has a weapon platform such as the FZ220, 223 Rocket pod or FN HMP400 pod, but I’m not sure if the Royal Thai Navy has purchased this or not. But if it is available, it would probably be a good thing to add this helicopters to it.

1 Like