Should the BR Spread be reduced to 0.7 Maximum

Zero up and down tiers altogether

1 Like

Yes, it’s a no brainer. Their excuses for why it won’t be make absolutely no sense.

Why would we not want to see both ? ;)

IMO, implementing 0.7BR spred is questionable because prop BR is not too compressed.

Yeah, agreed about compression in Jet RB is mess but, is it actually needed for “decompress” prop BR as well?

2 Likes

i thik, reducing the BR-Spread to ±0,7 will lead to the opposite of what most of you want. A vehicle mostly struggleing against Vehicles +1 BR will see a rise in its stats after it wont meet those enemies anymore. With this better stats it gets moved up in BR leeding it to face the same stronger enemies it did befor the change to a ±0,7 systhem but it lost all the weak enemies from the lower end of its original BR and BR-spread.
So for real breathingroom decompression is still needed. So why change the whole systhem including MM, TT, etc. when you could just decrompress in the first place with the normal spread of ±1?
Only to keep the max Br lower?

Cause BR compression from 1.0 - ~8.3 would need to occur to keep things balanced.
And it’ll cause all heavy tanks to start overperforming again.

It’s why standard decompression is superior.
Especially since War Thunder is already the most decompressed game available.

True the game should just be decompressed as it is. It’s compression is terrible, not comparing it to other games because it doesn’t have competitors at all, nothing of the same genre. But since they clearly don’t want to decompress…just look at air, might as well do 0.7 to band aid it with less effort.

They actually do want to decompress.
It requires work.

Requires more work than decompression.

Yes because

This:

Shouldn’t ever face this:

Or any subsonic v. Supersonic

3 Likes

I don’t think a BR spread reduction is the answer.

What I do believe could work, is proper use of the rank system. For example: If Subsonics where rank V, and Supersonics rank VI, make a hard stop where these ranks cannot face each other in a match.

Of course, this would come with its own difficulties as well. The problems come in where to decide the technological cutoffs should be. Especially since Gaijin decided to do weird things like throw in early jet premiums, that have missiles at tiers where most other early jets do not… Some compromises would have to be made.

2 Likes

It might be better to include in Rank V all aircraft that were top tier until 2018 and aircraft that could be implemented in the game even on back then, such as the Swift F.1 or F-84F, and place the CL-13B Mk.6, F-86K, F-100D and other post AAMs/Supersonics at Rank VI and above.

Some aircraft will need to lose their AAM such as TT version Japanese F-40 Sabre, but it won’t be that much of a problem for early missiles like the AIM-9B.

I just hate these uptiers on the 5.7 for example because I can’t do anything to enemy tanks and they can just one-shot me without any problem. Instead of having fun playing tanks I just get angry when I have 1.0 uptier.

That’s also a good idea. There should be a barrier between ranks to avoid having jets in the team while in the propeller plane. It doesn’t make sense, propeller planes should face propeller planes and jets should face jets in the game.

Gaijin will not reduce BR matchmaking spread because it will make the game less frustrating and people will be less inclined to spend money to skip grinding. They will say “queue times will be too short we can’t do it” even though the game has been growing and there are more people playing than ever before. Even if concurrent players hit 1mil and stayed there around the clock they wouldn’t do it.

Which tanks on 5.7 do you play? Which opponents cause you problems? There are many players here who want to help if you are interested.

Basically I play IS-1 and I start facing the better Tigers which are a problem for my gun.

If he comes direct at you. Run and try to get into his flank.

If you can’t run away, try to shot the muzzlebreak. This gives you time to get help or run.

Demobilizing is also a good chance for surviving. Destroying tracks is always helpful.
This is a fight you should avoid. There are 15 other teammates. Try to help them as good as you can. Play defensive enough to stay alive but not too defensive to sit in the last corner.
I know it is not easy but patience is the key in this game.

3 Likes

Why?
Players sometimes say X should never fight Y, without a valid reason. Only game reason is if it is very unbalanced…which is not the case here.

For starters, some supersonics are only 50kmh or less faster than subsonics
There are a lot of subsonics that are better…soeed is far from being decisive
And IRL the Royal Navy of 82 would claim subsonic were better than mach 2 planes…

As to the 0.7 spread…would think it would be easy to test it for a week or so…not sure if it required much more than changing a number in code ;)
In the long run it would probably need more…but testing would be simple. And could be done without any preparation…as matchmaking rules would not be broken…

1 Like

This would create A LOT of hard maximums…players would “only” use the top vehicles of each rank, making a lot of vehicles uninteresting as they would ALWAYS be “uptiered”

1 Like

MiG-21’s and F-104’s should never face F-86’s and A/J32’s. In early stages it’s guns only, they can just run back to airfield and cry about it for a bit, then come back while your RTBing and missiles you out of nowhere, early missiles suck, and have barely any track radius, subsonic’s can’t do anything to supersonics in the 9.3 range.