'Severe damage' stole my survivor award

I just played an Air RB match and achieved 5 kills in my J21A-2. I was alive at the end of the match and capable of controlled flight, but was counted as ‘severely damaged’. I did not get the survivor award due to the end of match j-out. The biggest thing wrong with my aircraft was a black horizontal stabilizer.

I’m largely happy with the severe damage mechanic, as it allows users to be awarded kills for enemies they’re either finishing off or deserve the kill for, but I’m not happy with it taking away awards when not applicable.

Server replay: 216534225088336348

You didn’t survive if you didn’t repair your severe damage though. That is how the writing off system works, you get counted as dead if you don’t repair.

2 Likes

you are correct, however to be fair, I have been bailed out at the end of the game after being severely damaged while stationary on the runway, wheels down, repairing. I feel like the severe damage flag should be removed when you get the landing RP credit, and not once you have finished repairing.

1 Like

You can check my bug report about this issue:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1q59kQmT8b2f

Unfortunately, for bug moderators it’s usually “not enough” to use pure logic. So there is a big chance this bug report will be closed and never even forwarded to the developers.

1 Like

Yeah that’s always bugged me, even before severe damage. If I’m on the runway and stopped so I have the actual repairing/rearming happening, and the game ends, then it would be nice to consider the repair complete.

1 Like

Tbh using the pure AP 7.7mm on the Strikemaster really shows how jank severe damage is.

The amount of planes you get Severe damage and they are more or less unaffected is astounding.

Does one get a kill on his service record after he severe damage an enemy aircraft now?

No, and it won’t change. It’s not a bug, that’s just how the new system is designed.

In the old system the person, who destroyed (severely damaged) the enemy got a full kill credit in their service record.
In the new system the person who finishes the enemy gets a full kill credit.

This won’t change, because there would be many additional issues if they changed how the full kill credit works with the severe damage (delayed kills) mechanics.

Why would it do that though? You are still damaged until repairs are completed. Landing doesn’t fix your plane, especially if you have a 2 minute repair because of high levels of damage. Severly damage, you get written off, repaired you don’t. It is a quite logical sustem that forces you to seek out repairs in order to save a death instead of the old system where if you took that amount of damage you’d be dead anyway and could repair and fly out again with a death logged.

1 Like

Jank mechanic’s in a jank game. rip

1 Like