Seek & Destroy Update - FOX-3 missiles

Have you flew the plane ingame ? I tell you from ingame experience. The mirage with 8 missile feels heavy and slow compared to F16/Mig29/Gripen.

1 Like

I know a lot about the Mirage 4000
It never used any of MICA prototypes, since those were available only in 1992.

Therefore 3 years AFTER the end of Mirage 4000 program and flights.

And Gaijin stipulates for Weapons that it was used once and recorded.

Mirage 4000 documentation with MICA’s were thoughts of implementation, as a potential upgrade in the future.
However the upgrade required new Radar, new Weapon system management, and a lot of wiring modifications.

I said it was proposed to have them… and as someone proved prior its gotten 530Ds and Radar… when it never had them. thats the issue with prototypes. I can tell you right now M2K getting 8 missiles is going to be rough vs whatever it faces with substantially better flight performance. M4K needs MICAs to help balance that out.

Read,…

a super 530s are as draggy as 2 micas by itself…

No,… S.530D is more draggy, but not equals to 2 MICA.

when MICAs will be mounted on the underbelly its not just an issue of “drag” your changing the entire aerodynamics of the jet. MICAs might weigh less but there also going to cause more aerodynamic issues with the placements that gaijin “try” to tweak for in the FM.

Thats why even on dev server rn 6 MICAs nets you -1.6s turn rate vs 4 Magics at -0.8s. so imagine what 2 magics + 6 MICAs is going to do. (I know stat cards are not great) but im trying to prove to you an already subpar airframe is going to be even more subpar vs what is currently in game and being added.

M4K literally needs MICAs to help balance that difference out in airframe/tech performance.

Nope,… it can remain or Go lower instead.

The fact it currently have no HMD will make the MICA’s be useless on the short range use, which is the most important use for the MICA thrust vectoring engine, and abilities.

then enjoy the M2K doing nothing for france because thats what is going to happen. it cannot even compete against current stuff and you think F15C and more Gripens it stands a chance with more weight on it :D

It will have 6 MICA’s with a much better use of MICA thanks to HMD.

if your using Fox 3s in effectively CQC with HMD then your just using them wrong… but again your missing the fact M4K has still outperformed the M2K in game already and it doesnt have HMD so your point just makes no sense, not really a worthy comparison

50G missile in CQC, is what makkng R-73 on Su-27 that deadly.

But ok, keep being delusionnal,…

because it had twice as many missiles…

No, please let him compare a Light fighter to an heavy one, please it makes so no sense at all, it is funny currently.

you do realise all Fox 3s need a minimum distance to reach optimal energy right… again if your using MICAs in CQC its not gunna be at the energy retention levels it needs to be to be 100% effective…

the fact you trying to use MICAs in a CQC without understanding that principle is shocking

You do realise that MICA is a multipurpose missile with high agility, for both Short and long range use?

You’re making no sense bro,…

The lock from MICA can be achieved by MICA while still remainning on the pylon.

Therefore it turns instantly on target as R-73 is in game right now, as it have access to Thrust-Vectoring.

you realize that it have thrust vectoring? you can pull much harder than any of those from the start

3 Likes

learn energy retention and minimum distances, good luck lobbing MICAs in a 10km fight and expecting them to pull 50gs because they wont, and even if they did you havent even hit peak energy retention levels so thats going to have borderline no speed or energy to maintain a 50g manevour for long

please learn how missiles work, they still need to hit peak energy levels

Go try a R-73,… learn how missile works with Thrust vectoring.

1 Like