Seal Clubbing for beginners... Noobs opinion

The results showed 11 base damage, which is ridiculously high. And I agree, technically this is not seal clubbing rather than taking advantage of superior crew skills. I was astonished that at 5000m the fella was still more than 2km above me. The game ended before I could get there in my I-15. Hope that answers your query to your satisfaction.

Thanks, I will.

Don’t let that guy scare ya. Last time I got shot by teammates taking off was ages ago.
That’s by a lvl 5 account with A10 premium. Probably didn’t know FF was on.

And if I remember correctly, there’s a grace period of invulnerability for the first few seconds you spawn in. So players who accidentally mouse 1 right after spawning won’t shred you immediately.

Thanks for your answer.

I assume you mean 11 tons. That means he has not been using napalm but big bombs.

What he did isn’t “taking advantage of superior crew skill”, it is the fastest way to get that superior crew skill for free. If you want crew skill fast, take a suitable rank I or II bomber with a talisman, bomb bases and air fields and invest all revenue in reload and weapon maintenance first. And expert the bomber. It will then ace on its own.

The I-15 isn’t the plane of choice to intercept a bomber at 7000m. But his altitude advantage isn’t governed by crew skill.

Thanks for the explanation. I have to say that I haven’t sussed the reward dynamics in the game, but then ‘noob’ is in the title of the post! :-)

since when is playing the game using realistic tactics cheating? Or seal clubbing as it’s called? It isn’t a simple dogfighting game but a much more complex game of strategy and tactics. That’s what most new players don’t understand.

My understanding of seal clubbing is when a player with maxed out crew skills and fully modded vehicles enters a low tier battle where his opponents are likely to have low crew skills and grinding mods and cleans up. No mention of cheating, just a bit unsavoury. Ungentlemanly, if you like, when there are higher tier battles that would more closely match their level.

Let me guess: You don’t have one crew maxed out yet. Feel free to give it a try: Max a crew, take a spaded vehicle and see how you do then. (Researching the mods of a rank1 doesn’t take long, so even new players will soon have vehicles with all mods researched - if they care.)

While mods and crew skill do have an impact in some places, it isn’t what makes the difference between noob and veteran at BR 2.7. A veteran will get similar results in green crews in rank1 or 2. Experience is the main factor here, which you miss in the quote above.

Due to event- and premium vehicles, beginners are present in all levels. And people often do have a vehicle preference. Some like iconic propeller planes, others the pre-missile jet age and so on. Why should they play something else?

Other people try to complete events and have only limited time for this. One of them was likely sitting in that russian bomber at 7000m.

:-) Yes, I thought about that after I’d posted. And you’re right, I have no maxed out crews. When I started I decided to have crews in all nations (bar Israel, cos they have no reserves) and it’s been hard work. If I did it again I would probably do it the way you say and max out two or three. Hindsight, eh? I’m sure I’m just lacking experience and maybe hard won experience in the low tiers is best, but it’s a bit of a grind. I’m a WW2 buff myself, so doubt I will progress into the jet age, but it’d be nice to have the chance! It may seem as though I’m not enjoying the game, which I am, and I really DO enjoy pitting wits against a high level player though it rarely ends well for me.
I’ve been trying to keep groups of aircraft in suitable BR ratings… for instance I won’t take a BR 2 out until I have researched four or five to accompany it so I’m not out of my depth too much. Thanks anyway, makes me feel better about the grind!

Just keep in mind, in air realistic you only need one crew per nation.

Good point! Maybe the way forward.

Arcade and realistic are two very different games.

Arcade is more of an air operation. You can push various objectives and it is well possible to win a game with any one of these objectives. So fighters, attackers and bombers all have an important function and do matter.

Realistic is usually a deathmatch, usually one team is wiped out and the other team wins. It is a pilot role playing game, as you only have one life. If you play fighter/attacker, you may matter to the outcome of the game. If you bomb or ground attack, you are just grinding and provide a target in exchange for RP/SL, but you have no effect. There is no similar operational depth in realistic as it exists in arcade.

If you want to play mainly prop fighters, you want realistic! If you want all props, then arcade has the better game frame.

When it comes to jets, arcade gets comical with increasing speed. I don’t often play arcade with higher jets, it just seems silly. Subsonics are still OK.

1 Like

MrTeaTime
I’m a Level 9, and I just started playing this game, so I went into realistic battle as soon as I got the 20 kills needed to advance to RB. I have never experienced so many Level 100s (individuals and squadrons) taking out pretty much my whole team, and it didn’t seem to faze them one bit. (18, 20, 23, 25 Kills) per match. The problem is, the tanks they are playing with have already been ground out, so it’s not like they are grinding out a new country. Unfortunately, War Thunder has become an "Abusive’ game towards beginner players, or is the word "Unregulated’ better? I thankfully have never invested any money in this game and probably never will. It just doesn’t pay to waste the money. I consider myself to be a decent player, but the seal clubbing I have encountered pretty much during every game is beyond the pale. You start to feel like a whipping post after a while, and with each passing game it becomes more obvious. Imagine a level 1 through 6 playing against a level 100 and getting slaughtered each and every game? I haven’t encountered much team killing in tanks except maybe when I decide to take flight. Occasionally you’ll get someone from your team who ends up shooting down your plane or near the landing strip. I do love the game, but not enough to put up with the constant high-level players in reserve tanks. I guess I feel there are too many other games out there that I haven’t experimented with as of yet. I’m sure realistic plane battles are no different. You have your high level players that find amusement in ruining the game for beginners. It’s almost as if it’s a “High” for them. I’ve heard so many stories as to why high-level players are always in low-rank tanks that it starts to make your head spin after a while. I’ve read a lot of posts that I agree with until you’re typical forum know-it-alls come out of the woodwork and make someone feel like crap all for posting something in the forum that they believed in. Or the topic gets shut down by a moderator. In the end, no one’s voice is ever heard, or in this case, words are never heard. The seal clubbing and teamkilling still go on day in and day out, and you can complain until you are blue in the face, but nothing ever comes out of it. I have found that you will know right off the bat if you are capable of playing this game or not. My opinion for myself is that I’m probably very capable but don’t have the patience anymore to deal with all the nonsense taking place with no end in sight. If you’re not good at aviation or tanking, premium accounts or premium vehicles won’t make you any better. That is the main thing that you recognize in rank one tanks. If you’re feeling negative and feel as though you’re achieving nothing, you’re probably not, which means the game will only get harder. You either have a knack for this game, or you don’t. There are no in-betweens, and that is the main reason so many players have vanished throughout the years because they finally realized they’re just not good at this game and may find another game that they are wonderful at. They are out there. As for me, I’ll see what happens, but I am growing tired of the same old maps, the same old seal clubbers, and I have memorized their names- some on squadrons and some not. It’s not my loss if players move on, far from it. It’s Gaijin’s loss, and I think things will get worse in higher ranks and be more costly. You’ll know when it’s time to leave. Your conscience will let you know as mine has. Thank you for posting, MrTeaTime.

Your better time spent, rather than checking the levels of those players is to find a level 100 to squad with in those matches who’s not going to ‘validate’ the sepsis that many spout in the game, or on the forums.

You really do need to just expand that friends-list, find a good squadron, and grind out what you need to get to progress.

Ignore the stories, as many are just trying to make you upset by proxy and exaggerate problems so they can tout them as the reason they don’t partake.

And if you find yourself dying a lot, try not to be as out the front as you may have been, or push a better route that others aren’t.

The assist, is often better than just getting a kill to die needlessly.

First of all, you sound like an obnoxious, cocky, insulting, typical high-level player. And second of all, these are not stories. I’ve experienced this type of gameplay myself. Example: MrTeaTime signed up on 9/9/2015, and he’s still a level 21 even after all these years (He’s Gone). He and 1000s of other players have left this game never to return. Want another example? =SHIPS= Squadron. It appears to me this squadron fell through the cracks, and so did the players on it. There are 30 players left in that squadron, and all have left the game, and only one is active. That’s just one example of one squadron. But there are many others if you look hard enough, which I have. There are all different reasons players leave this game, and the number one reason is probably matchmaking. Example: 6 Level 100 players in reserve tanks, or rather, rank one. And sometimes there are even more. I see the same ones over and over again playing the same tanks that supposedly are being grinded out with over 19 kills. I know your goal is to keep the players aboard FlyingDoctor so the game itself doesn’t fail. But it is failing because Gaijin isn’t interested enough in fixing the problem. And you fall right in line like a wooden soldier to protect War Thunder. I think people are a little smarter than that. I know I am. It has nothing to do with a “Friends List” or a “Good Squadron”. Let’s just say I’ve been on good squadrons, and they really are all the same. They sign up as many players as they can, and after they do, the new players are completely ignored, and once again, they are playing the game by themselves. The only difference is that they have little squadron initials next to their name. And within a few weeks, that individual eventually leaves that squadron. This is not a story or fiction. I actually endured it myself, and so did a few other players that I have encountered. You sound very tough, FlyingDoctor, enough to scare off any beginner that exists. I refer to players like you as a know-it-all. I cocky know-it-all who has probably repulsed everyone who has ever crossed your path in this game. They are not stories, Mr. Wonderful. They are actual occurrences. Come down off your high horse someday and see what is really taking place. All I can say is, thank goodness I have never sunk a dime into this game and probably never will. It’s an attitude like yours that could turn anyone off. Type away, Mr. Wonderful, and keep showing your true colors.

That’s alright, don’t take positive advice then…

Nothing that I said warranted any of the realms of your response so I’m sorry for even trying to point you in as better direction than miring into the mire as you want to wallow in your victimhood ‘woe is me’ mentality.

No, I genuinely just try and save people from thier own selves tiring themselves out because they can’t get past the first struggle of the game that they encounter…

Sorry you feel that way…

You think that, but that’s just your opinion.

It has a LOT to do with who you surround yourself with…

Then you haven’t found a good squadron then…

That’s just those that you’ve encountered, I myself know of many that do encourage group play… The requirement to be on discord makes a lot of people decide they aren’t going to partake though.

What I said doesn’t even come close to what you’re inferring.

Wow, all that from a 3 paragraph statement? Dang…

All that off such a small positive post, you must really have a problem being that you are that cut up to merely try and rip my head off for merely being positive and trying to point you in a better direction than just being so cut up that you go off at anyone who dares try and point you to the better way.

So I’ll let you know, I have introduced a good many new players to this game, and I’ve helped a lot of players over the many years I have been here, but none of them being as rude as you are have taken to the point of trying to make such a scene as you have right here.

I wish you well in your future complaining and bickering because you’re obviously too far gone to try and get out of that moistened paper bag you want to reside in.

Bad example to be honest… There’s many who haven’t been able to handle the game, and making that example as the hill you want to die on is pretty spectacular.

Joining inactive and dead squadrons is a key way to waste your time in finding anyone.

You’re really one sick puppy. I feel sorry for you lol

Stop projecting.

We all went through it, and were were better after. Your weakness disgusts me. Git gud, scrub.