SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

I have been for many fighters, including F-14, F-15, Mirage 2000. You already know I’m right and speaking from a place of neutrality. You only agree and support when it is buffs.

you haven’t and never will

Beg to differ
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/u/771415/issues

99% of British Vehicles need buffs. Thats why. Gripen is the first aircraft we’ve had in what, 5 or 6 years that isn’t totally DOA.

And even then it has massive handicaps, No BVR, just got its placeholder replaced and still waiting on them to fix BOL.

But all our other aircraft are typically added in such a buggy/broken state that they are essentially unplayable for 3-9 months.

Gr7, plenty of bugs there
Tornado, still not fixed or even remotely finished
Sea harrier took 9 months for placeholder parts to be fixed (and still waiting on the cockpit HUD to be finished)

and even old stuff just had SRAAM do this

I am fully expecting that the Typhoon will need to be buffed up to IRL levels, with huge numbers of missing features and not the other way round. To me, Gripen was simply a victim of being rushed onto live before it was even remotely finished and it being a turn fighter fighting against mostly BVR trucks and thus doing well.

But after constant nerfs from Gaijin for British vehicles, like BOL (which has killed the Gr7 and F3) or the constant nerfs for the Chally 2. I’ve developed a healthy amount of paranoia and simply challenge all nerfs. If the nerfs are justified then in defending yourself, you’ve only made your reports all the stronger and thus the game better. But we dont want things like “Aluminium back plates” for the Gripen, or Typhoon, or FA2

Massive handicaps? Uhhhhh… nah.

Get together like the French community and fix it then, I blame y’all for that… not Gaijin.

I’ll wager the opposite.

You mean like this?

The largest non R&R thread on the forums?

3 Likes

No, the French have a dedicated discord server that most British mains and reporters are piggy-backing for support and bug fixes / mega file sharing of sources.

Is there more than 3 of them in there?

Well funny you say that

If by 3 you mean like 300+, sure.

?

its ironic

As long as it remains civil and doesn’t turn to insults and a pissing contest it’s okay.

1 Like

Okay lets say you’re right for a minute.

Either it is or isn’t correct to your known datapoints.
I really don’t mind which but it’d be nice to have some clarity as to which of those states it is or isn’t.

My guy we play War Thunder, a game with probably the highest “Classified Documents per day” rate. Of course we’re on a watchlist.

Difference between the EFT and the Tornado is the Tornado should probably have been added well before the F-16 came to the game. I’d argue it should’ve, at least the F.3/ADV, been here before the F-14. Their radar and missile capabilities, excluding AIM-54 Phoenix, are broadly speaking in my experience, on par.

If the Gaijin gods giveth the Typhoon right now, it would be a complete clusterwhatsit as not only would the Brits get it, you’d also have any German Air Mains (who are still angry probably at getting everyone else’s new toys second hand, a patch late and a dollar short) and the Italians who, given their proficiency in F-104s and Tornados, ehhhhh.

Ahem
Fantastic Mr Fox you say?

that’s an interesting word

I mean you may very well be. Just cynical me.

Okay I mean
what additions have we had that haven’t been completely screwed at some point
uhhh… Harrier GR.3 and…
Gripen?

That’s kinda it.

Speaking of which, whichever one of you in Gaijin who did that, please, in future, have a long hard think (yes i know thinking is hard) because not only is it ahistorical, but it also, in quick time, sent two aircraft from being fairly viable to the least viable aircraft to run.

How many F.3s and GR.7s do you see now?
I think the answer you’ll find is “very few”

Define handicap. Because I don’t know about you, but being asked to fight F-14s in a Phantom seems like a massive handicap. Being asked to BVR with a Radar that you can’t go above Mach 1 in lest the radar start to lock clouds sounds like a massive handicap. Not actually having a properly modelled cockpit sounds like a massive handicap (especially for Sim players, admittedly not a gamemode I play often.)

That’s your opinion, and you’re entitled to have it, but I do struggle to see where your evidence to support your opinion would come from.

2 Likes

Find me one person who said the Tornado wasn’t going to be dead on arrival.

The Typhoon likely will be too - but not because it’s bad in real life.

Ignorance isn’t a valid excuse.

The Tornado (all versions), Harrier GR.7, and Challenger 2 (to name just a few examples) have all had massive amounts of reports made against them. So the British community aren’t slacking when it comes to reports.

I do agree that the French discord is very well organised though.

6 Likes

I mean to be entirely fair I thought it would be because i spent half of the Apex Predators runup thinking “oh they’ll add the F.3 with Stage 2G radar!” and “they’ll model the high speed capability of the Tornado most accurately!”

Boy was I wrong. In probably the one of the first 10 matches I got outrun. By a MiG-29. While running empty. I still haven’t spaded the GR.1.

4 Likes

Without sounding too traitorous, where might I find the french discord? I do actually want to listen in, I know next to precisely bugger all about French aircraft yet want to fly the damn things

1 Like

Forwarded hundreds of them myself.

10 Likes

Common Gunjob W
Love the work you do for us all :)

6 Likes

The British community has several forum posts with thousands of replies and bug reports, so many that we got a challenger 2 rework, a poorly done rework but its more than the leclerc got.

Even with people like @Gunjob reporting hundreds of bugs we still have very inaccurate vehicles and equipment, for example the BOL pod nerf, which was poorly sourced yet was passed anyways and still has not been fix despite Gunjobs extensive report on it.

The British community has multiple discords, some entirely focused on finding sources and bug reporting vehicles. There is even a discord entirely dedicated to the south african sub tree.

What you posted just shows your ignorance.

10 Likes