Rocket damage fix are causing major problem

As the patch that was implemented just a day ago, small caliber Air to Ground weapons have had a great nerf towards its damage to the base in ARB or SB.
As I understand the damage for these weapons are overexaggerated and bugged, as gaijin claimed. I understand the root of such decision but I want to highlight some of the major problem associating with such change:

• This is inevitably a major net nerf to the reward for battle, and as a player myself I never ever want to see this.

• Although I personally do not rely on A2G as much, I understand there’s plenty of less experienced players who utilize A2G as their primary way for grinding. This is going to hurt them greatly.
    • Plus, rewards for battle is and will always be a sensitive topic, you guys are risking another round of potential awkward situation here.
    • If this change, or any other change you could be implementing in the future, will have a huge impact on the reward, you should make some compensation for it, for example raising the reward from destroying ground targets, etc.
  • This made a huge impact for those plane with rocket as their primary source of strength, as it disqualified them from the base-bombing role effectively.

• Plane such as the Mig23 now can’t take out a base on one run, others like J35XS are no longer working in such scenario. This made them not as effective as they used to be, and I would ask for a further reconsideration of their BR - at least for some of them that primarily relies on rocket A2G.
  • As I would highlight once again, there is no niche in the game for precision weapons in ARB, now that applies for rocket too.

• Due to the lack of appropriate targets for them, they are weapons of the worst effect at this point. We know that destroying ground vehicle alone is not nearly as rewarding as bombing base or air to air kill.
    • This will render one of the most important weapons in the arsenal of warplanes obsolete, and that is one less choice for players, for us all.

And thereby, my suggestion to compensate for such situation:

• It’d be very helpfull to raise to reward for armoured ground targets such as tank or IFV, to make so that they reward more than a truck or OBJ906 alike, giving precision weapons and rockets some room to play with.
  • This will also partially make up for the income nerf that effectively went along with the rocket damage nerf. Planes that primarily relies on rockets will have some thing to do that grant them a reasonable amount of reward.
2 Likes

…you spelled “bug fix” wrong. ;-)

Yes, as it’s not their role. I wrote this already in other threads about this topic: Why should a Fighter firing 60 kg worth of TNT in the form of rockets be as effective in killing a base as a dedicated Attacker/Bomber needing 25x (!!!) that amount of TNT to get the same result?!?

Those aircraft, MiG-23, Draken,… are primarily fighters, with a secondary (at best…) role to support ground troops in rare cases. They are NOT designed or intended to take out the same targets as dedicated attackers/bombers (Intruder, Buccaneer, F-111, …)!

As for other types - I’d specifically like to mention the F-4’s - who are designed and intended as multi role, I have to ask: why do people so insist on using rockets instead of bombs?

An F-4E can well attack and take out two bases with the bomb load it can carry.

So, why - again - insist on using the rockets?

Answer: because of the now fixed bug damage and reward of the rockets were vastly exaggerated, unrealistic and unfair! So players liket to “abuse” this bug to get more rewards than intended.

5 Likes

My point was never insisting them to still be using rockets, in fact I do support this change, principally.
My concern lies on the fact that some planes are at a certain BR only because they were able to take out bases with rockets, as it is what backed them with the BR they have right now, a good example would be the J35XS, and there are plenty more.

Also, please don’t neglect the more pressing issue in this case: this is a net reward nerf nonetheless, and I believe there should be some compensation for it.

Edit: Also, what are you gonna do for the heli EC?

3 Likes

No, you have to look at it from another perspective: The exaggerated destruction potential and reward possible from using rockets against bases was a bug, NOT a feature.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but vehicles are balanced with their respective br trough the amount of rewards the can obtain on average.

ANY AND ALL reduction of the possibile rewards for a vehicles will greatly affect it, and this should be reflected onto its br.

The premium draken’s for example was raised substantially not longo ago, taking into account its effectiveness. Now that that Is reduced its br should be reduced too.

2 Likes

To a degree they are balanced that way, they are also balanced on their escape capability as shown when gaijin explained the Buccaneers BR setup and how its air spawn was allowing them to escape after a bombing run too efficiently.

With the change, gaijin will most likely take ground attack options into account again, though with air RB, it is a far secondary to air to air capability and in terms of ground attack planes, ability to flee once done.

As for rocket nerf upset, I am fine with it, I really did get sick of fighter planes 3-4km behind me if not further being able to spam a huge number of rockets and the base I was obviously about to or in many cases, just dropped bombs towards using CCIP and effectively ruining my bomb attack run in an attacker/strike plane, like the Bucc, or Tornado.

1 Like

I do agree with this perspective that a nerf on the rocket is inevitable and definitely needed to strengthen the experience of Tornado or F111 alike, but I wan’t to note that this is a net nerf to the income and a ton of planes who previously relies on this (Mig23BN or J35XS) will be no longer capable of doing what they do.
They’ll have to be played other way which is not a pleasant way given their BR and all that.

1 Like

The MiG-23BN still has conventional bombs and fire bombs, both well capable of killing a base, befitting it’s role as attacker.

The J35XS is now more or less useless against bases. Not a popular view of mine, I know, but that’s ok as that’s bot a primary role for this aircraft (a deidcatedfighter/interceptor, and NOT an fighter/bomber or attacker…).

2 Likes

Oh no! That means that the J35 m-m-m-might actually have to fight now! Oh the horrors, how could this be?

2 Likes

Haha, too funny! That immediately triggered me to read this in an Elmer Fudd voice.

Which then made me realize we basically ended up here with our discussions about this topic:

Again.

1 Like

These planes were designed as a fighter not a multi roll bomber as the F-4’s were. They were given some air to ground as support roll but were never meant to be a ground pounder which is why the lack the ability of other aircraft to take bases and ground targets. Different countries have had different battle doctrine in regards to their equipment. Not every country embraced the multirole fighter as the U.S did, and wanting all aircarft to be equal and do everything every other plane can you would see mach 1 A-10’s and Su-25’s this is basically what you are asking for.

Its a good thing there is another game mode where these are highly valued.

You do know that there are a lot of ground targets to shoot at and they even added more to most maps. Taking rockets in to kill the smaller targets is still a viable way to play. You can make over 2,000 RP killing ground targets and the rockets work just fine killing them.

The most important weapon in air combat is the air to air missiles. in ground rb the rockets work just fine to kill ground targets.

If you are flying a plane that relies on rockets for kills there are a lot of ground targets for them to shoot at. the reason that gound targets have lower rp and sl for killing them is there are a lot of them. want you want to make killing an AA unit worth 1200 rp so you can kill the 15 of them on the map and get 18K in rp?

They fixed an issue where using rockets to kill bases was not working as intended, and was giving out more rewards than it was intended to. You are only upset at the change because the faucet was turned off and now grinding SL and RP is not as easy as it was. They are going to be added bonuses to nation grinding soon so you will get a boost in rp once you have already completed one TT

2 Likes

I cant comment on the mig, dont know enough about them, but arent the J35s rockets literally air to air rockets? They are not designed for ground attack lol, is just how players use them?

The J35 is a dedicated fighter, its using a hammer on a screw instead of a screwdriver.

And yes, they carry anti tank rockets too, but again, anti tank, not really the role still.