Rheinmetall Defence 130mm Gun Testbed Challenger 2

I absolutely agree.
I don’t think why people actively want more stuff for ‘the big three’ when they have everything. SPAAs, Support Vehicles, Light Vehicles, Howitzers, good MBTs, all at top tier.
Britain has arguably bad MBTs at top-tier, and that’s all you get. No light vehicles, no other MBTs, you have a slow chally with little armor and that’s it.
i just want better tanks man… Not to mention that Challenger is the heaviest tank, and yet it somehow has the least effective armor…

10 Likes

lol

Well yeah, even I, as a dude who has the British tree researched, am confused how a t-90 lost itself in the tech tree. I get that Gaijin simply decided that Chally’s aren’t going to be as effective, but i was expecting an increase in light tanks, not getting different ones completely lol.
Going by this logic then sure, i can see this Chally ending up in the Germany tech tree as well

+1 I definitely would love to see this in top tier British ground forces tech tree !!

2 Likes

Yes yes and yes again!

Wow, this suggestion deserves attention; now I’m excited about the future of challengers! xD yes,yes!!!

Sorry to say, the future of Challengers is bleak.
There’s the 2 LEP, some prototypes here and there and then the 3.

Well, there are at least 2 Cr3 we can get. The one we know right now, as it is a prototype, and production one. Then later upgrades.

1 Like

Excellent MBT, though it’s a Challenger again lol. Anyway, Britain tech-tree really need a more powerful MBT to combat with floods of T-tanks, Leopards and M1. Challenger 3 is not powerful enough.

1 Like

Hopefully with the further updates, we’ll get a 130mm Chally like in this post. It’s obviously heading in that direction as far as i can see… It’s only a matter of time before we get the Panther KF51 and the Abrams X. Hopefully this one will be up there too, since in the Air Superiority update the worst top tier MBT was, exactly, the Chally 3…

1 Like

I mean… you could be playing the Ariete XD

1 Like

Yeah its bad but saying its horrible is way overhead, although it is literally paper armor I have bounced a handful of darts - from DTC10 to DM53 or 3BM60, at point blank. I cant explain it, they were literally gaijined

Yeah…Chally 3 is not good

Germany should not get challenger with 130mm

10 Likes

I agree on this one, the KF51 should go to Germany if we’re talking super-classified-modern tanks

1 Like

This tank has few modifications. In fact, it should already be in War Thunder. At the very least, it would have a decent turret. It would be a reward for UK players who have been waiting for years for a simple track to be fixed and finally have a Challenger that doesn’t have a row of ammunition behind the driver, breaking the mantlet of the gun all the time. But still, it would be beaten by Leopards and T80/T90.

Years and years have passed, and there are still bugs in Chally 2/3 that haven’t been fixed, like the engine sound, for example. Unfortunately, Challenger 3 will never be as good as Leopards.

2 Likes

there is no cr3 in the game

There is only cr2 lep in the game

Yeah and no
The tanks in game was presented as a challenger 2 upgrade under the LEP ( Life extension program) and was choses and retro actively became the Challenger 3

However the real 3p in not in the game