Rheinmetall Defence 130mm Gun Testbed Challenger 2

Germany should not get challenger with 130mm

10 Likes

I agree on this one, the KF51 should go to Germany if we’re talking super-classified-modern tanks

1 Like

This tank has few modifications. In fact, it should already be in War Thunder. At the very least, it would have a decent turret. It would be a reward for UK players who have been waiting for years for a simple track to be fixed and finally have a Challenger that doesn’t have a row of ammunition behind the driver, breaking the mantlet of the gun all the time. But still, it would be beaten by Leopards and T80/T90.

Years and years have passed, and there are still bugs in Chally 2/3 that haven’t been fixed, like the engine sound, for example. Unfortunately, Challenger 3 will never be as good as Leopards.

2 Likes

there is no cr3 in the game

There is only cr2 lep in the game

Yeah and no
The tanks in game was presented as a challenger 2 upgrade under the LEP ( Life extension program) and was choses and retro actively became the Challenger 3

However the real 3p in not in the game

Well that was only shown last Monday

British player really need this tank :)

4 Likes

The one ingame cant truely be counted as the CH3 as as we’ve seen the actual 3 has a whole newly designed turret in comparison to the ingame one that uses a retrofitted 2 turret with modified interior. So realistically it should have been called the Challenger 2 LEP (Rheinmetall)

1 Like

Could you provide me with a link or something? I see the last few comments mentioning CH3 got a new ‘showcase’ or something but i can’t find it

The one ingame is a Tech Demonstrator, basically it took the Turret of the existing 2 stripped the internals and replaced them to show off what the ch3 could look like.

3 Likes

+1, big gun demonstrator MBTs are probably what the next generation of top tanks will be. Unless Gaijin decides to skip a generation again in favour of more famous vehicles.

2 Likes

Delusional, UK should get everything BAE made then like CV90. This is the British like from rheinmetal not the german line.

3 Likes

not all that BAE made mate

Preying the add this, should have been added already.