Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology

so chally + revolution package

Won’t be enough evidence for Gaijin to model and armour improvements besides basic RHA.

Its a Tech Demo so Gaijin will pull the “Tech Demo” excuse and remove features because “It wouldn’t have these because its a demo tank”.

See 3TD removed features.

• Turret Spall Liners

• Blowout Panels

• Nerfed engine power based on the Production CR3.

if i followed to whole thing right, the real chally 3 td wasnt able to use the engine power either

a lot tanks dont have them, besides that with the 130mm cannon its a balancing factor honestly

Its not about the 3TD having it or not. Gaijin goes and nerfs the engine BECAUSE the real Challenger 3 will have a 1200hp engine. The Real CR3 =/= 3TD. They have a double standard for the 3TD. Its gets features removed because its a demo tank, then gets nerfed based off the production tank.

again, the chally never had access to the power of the engine in the first place

Im too stupid to explain it properly and its already been explained better by someone who follows CR3 stuff more.

There is always this thing which would have poor electronics for top tier but it would at least have better protection and a larger gun

1 Like

That’s an interesting find. Thanks for posting this.

1 Like

I’m happy to see that my post about the E.N.T is still recognized :)

1 Like

That is like, very pointless comment.

2 Likes

Its cool as hell and sci-fi-esque.

Really well researched too and I’d literally never ever heard of it.

1 Like

The NPzK used a Leo 2 prototype hull.
What kind of autoloader it used is known. Hull and turret armour would be copy-paste. Only information regarding the firepower is missing.

I don’t think any autoloader was used as this was just a test bed to see how the Leopard 2 hull could handle a 140 mm gun, the rear of the turret just being full of ballast.

Though the fact that there is only one picture of it and no surviving parts makes me kind of suspicious of it’s existence.

You have any pics for that?

I think that Germany will not receive this challenger because of the balance.

Germany will have other large-caliber tanks. But Britain can only have challenger 130.
It will not be fair that Germany will have 2-3 the most powerful tanks. At the same time Britain will have nothing.

1 Like

As i stated earlier you are wrong there.
Germany has exactly 0 possible option which would be garanteed

Nothing stops both uk and german getting it.
That is a legitimate option. Because the 130mm tech demonstrator has as much chances to get added as KF51. Both are demonstrators kot adopted by any country and produced by germany.
Even more so its more likely gajin wont give kf51s to germany

2 Likes

Just asking as i am not sure. Is KF-51 a MBT that was presented to the government as a possible future tank, or was it just a show off?

Generaly everything rheinmetall produced gets shown off to the german goverment as a proposition since they wanna sell. Same with this chally 130mm gets shown of to germany just as much to prove possibility and capsbility of the 130mm cannon.
That being said germany never realy considered the KF51 as an option since the mfcs peoject is ongoing

Ok, thank you