Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology

Most beautiful MBT ever made.

Couple days late but I will just ignore that
So, you know the video that is the origin for the title of this topic?

It was recorded exactly here, the test center Unterlüß in Lower Saxony, Germany

2 Likes

I wish the Challenger turret looked that cool lmao…

okay, so it was tested at Rheinmetall’s main testing centre?

that doesn’t mean it was tested by any of the German armed forces, if BAE or QinetiQ tests stuff on salisbury plain that doesn’t make it viable for Britain does it?

plus turret was heavily modified by rheinmetall

basically now u know what we feel like when leopards are being given away like food rations

2 Likes

Its called export mate

It being tested in Germany doesn’t mean the Germany army tested it

The turret was mostly modified by RBSL all Rheinmetall did was change the gun out with there’s and add on add on armour

1 Like

neither of these situations are similar at all, the Leopard were exported to and used by a large amount of nations, not just used by germany, the same goes for the F-16, Sherman, Spitfire etc. That is something people have to live with in a post cold war world

this was a private technology demonstrator that the German armed forces had nothing to do with, the German armed forces never considered it, its even less connected to german armed forces than the F-20 which was tested for less than a month

3 Likes

i mean, the tank in question isnt in service by UK either, it was developed in germany and tested there :P even if its an challenger turret

1 Like

its not in service with anyone

The Challenger 130 is made from the 2019 LEP which the Challenger 3 (TD) in game right now

The current Challenger 3 prototypes are also being test in Germany but not tested for Germany

1 Like

so do you agree that no vehicle that ws tested by a private company in britain should be added in WT?
rheinmetall bought this challenger 3 (obviously), modified and tested it in germany.
hence it makes sense to go to both nations

2 Likes

What is your point

It doesn’t matter where or who modified the Challenger 2 thats not even relevant

Rheinmetall didn’t buy this Challenger as this is the 2019 LEP Challenger owned by RBSL

just because a Germany company tested it and modified it doesn’t mean Germany gets it

i wonder if i put “British” where “Germany” is…

2 Likes

German mains when you tell them that they can’t have something.

3 Likes

If we “couldn’t have it” then it wouldn’t be allowed as a suggestion for Germany.

dunno why you are complaining about germany being intrested in a german vehicle, i mean its clearly in the german section

2 Likes

I will be honest, i would prefere if it came to none, as it was a private venture that was not meant for export, or sell at all. But we will see what will happen.

So Mirage 4000, 120S, Vickers Mk7, potentially Black Night, Challenger 2E, etc should be removed cause they were private ventures?

4 Likes

You missed the part where i said

While im dunno about M4000 and 120S i can talk about british stuff. Mk7 was a part of Chieftain replacement programme, that is was intended for MoD, BN was intended as part of Cr2 LEP, so MoD again, and 2E was made with export in mind.

When it comes to Cr 130 it was just a GUN demo. Rheinmetall made that thing with GUN in mind, as it was supposed to advertise their 130 gun and modular autoloader. The fact they used Cr2 as its base is because they needed a tank that could fit default large RH trunnion and had decent amout od space in the back of the turret to fit into the autoloder. And the tank that met the requirements was the 2 LEP, as it had wide trunnion and empty space at the back of the turret. due to removal of everything there during turret works, and not installing things back there, as it was not going into service.

Full tank as can be seen on pictures was never meant to be sold, and never would as they had 2 Cr2s, and iirc only one was modified, while the other one was a reference.

2 Likes

Again with this nonsense.
Does Germany need a Challenger 2? No
This is a joint venture vehicle that is intended for Britain
It’s not Brits fault that Rheinmetall is like a virus that spreads everywhere it can on this continent.
Germany has literal brochures full of vehicles they could still get.
Don’t get me wrong. It’s not about exclusivity or anything like that. Both Challengers and Leopards are in use in different armies and I’m fine with them being in different trees.
I don’t see why this vehicle should ever be in the German tree if Bundeswehr didn’t show any interest in it nor is it a case of a vehicle being built in Germany from the ground up.
And don’t bring up percentages of who did what. Nobody could care less about those.

1 Like