Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology

I’m happy to see that my post about the E.N.T is still recognized :)

1 Like

That is like, very pointless comment.

2 Likes

Its cool as hell and sci-fi-esque.

Really well researched too and I’d literally never ever heard of it.

1 Like

The NPzK used a Leo 2 prototype hull.
What kind of autoloader it used is known. Hull and turret armour would be copy-paste. Only information regarding the firepower is missing.

I don’t think any autoloader was used as this was just a test bed to see how the Leopard 2 hull could handle a 140 mm gun, the rear of the turret just being full of ballast.

Though the fact that there is only one picture of it and no surviving parts makes me kind of suspicious of it’s existence.

You have any pics for that?

I think that Germany will not receive this challenger because of the balance.

Germany will have other large-caliber tanks. But Britain can only have challenger 130.
It will not be fair that Germany will have 2-3 the most powerful tanks. At the same time Britain will have nothing.

1 Like

As i stated earlier you are wrong there.
Germany has exactly 0 possible option which would be garanteed

Nothing stops both uk and german getting it.
That is a legitimate option. Because the 130mm tech demonstrator has as much chances to get added as KF51. Both are demonstrators kot adopted by any country and produced by germany.
Even more so its more likely gajin wont give kf51s to germany

2 Likes

Just asking as i am not sure. Is KF-51 a MBT that was presented to the government as a possible future tank, or was it just a show off?

Generaly everything rheinmetall produced gets shown off to the german goverment as a proposition since they wanna sell. Same with this chally 130mm gets shown of to germany just as much to prove possibility and capsbility of the 130mm cannon.
That being said germany never realy considered the KF51 as an option since the mfcs peoject is ongoing

Ok, thank you

Thats why my argument that kf51 and this chally are in the exact same situation, both demonstrators that never were realy considered.
As ablativekitten stated , the chally 130 was produced when uk already decided on the 120mm. Only reason they used the challenger over the leo is that the integration was easier and they were expanding into the british market

Not entierly true. They did decided on smoothbore 120, as it was the only gun they had originally presented, but then when 130 was shown they considered it for a while. Overall cost of the thing made them go back tho.

Still then its a considerstion for the gun, not for this chally specialy.
So exact same thing its supposed to be for germany.
Its a cannon demonstrator the chassis doesnt matter much for it in this case

That is why i stand with my previous point, that it should not be added to either, as it was just a gun.

T19 was fitted with this kind of autoloader at some point. You already posted the image of it on a Leo 1 hull. The turret was later used to test the NPzK. The extended bustle is still present.

Spoiler

Although, we should probably discuss this tank in a different thread.

That’s definitely not a Leo 1 hull, the lack of the side exhaust is a pretty clear giveaway of that. It’s a Leo 2 prototype hull, like used on the Leo 2K.

But yeah, this is OT.

I was referring to this one. The NPzK testbed used a 1st gen Leo 2 prototype hull, as you said.

Spoiler

2 Likes

I was asking fir pics of the hull.