Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology

I’m not trying to come off as a bully, thats not my intention.

1 Like

How does Germany have a claim

They didn’t get what this tank was in 2019 the Challenger 2 LEP and RBSL is based in the UK but is just partly German owned.

How does a German company that tried to showcase a gun on a British tank should go to Germany when Germany wouldn’t never get this tank IRL as they don’t have Challenger 2 to upgrade and that no one has accepted use with the 130mm gun or made any requirements for this new gun. For all we know they Germany next gun that they use in what ever MBT they adopted could be a 140 or 150 we just don’t know

4 Likes

I think this is like that french Type-59 a while back…
Since it was a tank (originally) designed by russia, owned by egypt and modified by france, it can go to any of those TT’s

Edit: corrected name

I sure HOPE SO, unless they give it to hungary first… imma just quit at that point… or worse… pull a french 1789

It was a Chinese Type-59 that had French 105mm GIAT cannon

Ye this one

it was owned by Giat and not Egypt. The tank was a demonstrator to sell an upgrade package to Egypt on the T-62
the tank was a type 59, which is Chinese and not Russian.

as France solely made it, the T59 belongs in France only. it was an export venture with the same title as the AMX 32 and no longer belonged to China than the Tiran to Russia, Shot to the UK, and Magach to the USA. Gaijin already was clear about the variant. it goes to the country that used it, and if it was not used, it goes to the country that developed it.

it’s not because a country had built a chassis that the subsequent variant belongs to them

for the Rheinmetall 130mm on Challenger 2, this is different as it wasn’t simply a chassis that belonged to Rheinmetall, the tank was a test bed loan to Rheinmetall to develop an upgrade in the Challenger 2 LEP program which led to the adoption of the Challenger. I feel like it would be odd to see this tank in the German tech tree knowing it was developed for and funded by the British. it would also be greedy from the German players to steal a perfectly good top-tier tank from the British when it’s known the British have little option and the Germans have plenty (leopard 2A6, Leopard 2A7, Leopard 2A8, Leopard 2-140, KF-51, EMBT-2017, EMBT-2022) while the British have 2 vehicles competitively matching the top rank (Challenger 3, Challenger 2 130mm) if the german get the Challenger 2 with 130mm, there will only be one left while Germany already have 7 option and they have other sub-variants.

built by the British branch of Rheinmetall, in collaboration with BAE (55/45) which is the main British weapon industry, built on a British chassis, for a British upgrade program. I do not see how the result ends in the conclusion it should be German.

6 Likes

French 105mm gun, French signs, french thermal and laser, french grenade launcher, and option for the french engine and transmission which was way better. only the armor remains.

3 Likes

Germany gets the DF 105 but not France
German mains : that makes sense the hUlL iS mOrE iMpOrTaNt France don’t need it
(Some) German mains when they see a British hull with a German turret : TuRrEt iS gErMaN sO iT sHoUlD gO tO gErMaNy

Yep. Some pretty entitled people.

I say, let’s stay consistent. British hull, British program, German involvement → British tech tree only

2 Likes

Germany got the DF-105 because while it uses a French turret it was a project by the company Thyssen-Henschel.

1 Like

Damn. That DF105 story doesn’t remind you of anything ?
Like a british project proposing to use a british hull with a foreign made turret ?

Also, did you know what DF105 stands for ?
Deutsche-France 105. Like, even the name states that France DID have involvment in the project. The EXACT same way rheinmetal was involved in this challenger 130 project.
I say, for consistency, this proposal should be British only

2 Likes

There’s no need to give a project of a German company to France when they have their own platforms the FL 15 turret can go on like the AMX-13. Yes, it’s called the DF-105 because it uses a French turret on a German chassis, but it was still an initiative by Thyssen-Henschel and not a French company.

And im not complaining about it.
I am just pointing out the double standard of those German mains that want this challenger in the German TT.
That would be the same

It’s not a double standard… DF-105 uses German and French parts but was a project of Thyssen-Henschel and the Challenger 130 uses German and British parts but was a project of Rheinmetall.

1 Like

A double standard would be if I said that because the Vickers Mk7 uses a Leopard 2 Chassis it should go to Germany, even though it was a British project.

1 Like

DF105 doesn’t just « use French and German parts ». It was financed by both. Contrary to many people’s belief, France had an economical and technical role in the project.
And for the challenger 3 it’s not a « rheinmetal project ». It’s a joint venture.

It will likely go to Hungary first since Hungary actually ordered the development but funnly enough they will get a version with L55A1

they requested a version of the KF-51 called the HERO 120, they did not develop it, neither did they have first rights

KF 51 EVO, not hero. Hero was the variant with the drone launcher

2 Likes

Hungary getting the 120mm and germany the 130mm version

2 Likes