Rheinmetall 130 mm Demonstrator - Future Tanknology

haha, so our beautiful Panther practically wont be going to the Hungarians after all…

the one from the eurosatory ? nup that ones purely german with a nice 130mm
Rheinmetall isnt allowed to use an unaltered leo chassis sooo, büffel it is.
We might see a prototype /demonstrator in the next few months

But yeah combined with a büffel chassis and 120mm autoloaded cannon are the reasons i dont realy consider the KF51 a next gen tank yet. Its basicaly a brother/sister to the leopard.
The 130mm cannon is the minimum requirement, while i even wouldnt realy call it next gen without a newly designed chassis even

2 Likes

yep
‘‘The Panther K51 possesses a high degree of digitalization and networkability. Furthermore, new force protection technologies like the standoff protection system StrikeShield will enable a low aggregate weight. Its chassis is based on the Buffalo armoured recovery vehicle, supplied by Rheinmetall. In combination with the tank’s low total weight, this contributes to the Panther KF51’s high mobility, while simultaneously resulting in synergy effects in logistics, maintenance and training owing to commonalities with the Leopard 2 family.’’

KF51 turret and ‘‘new’’ hull

yeah eurosatory gonna be intresting with this reveal. There is a kf51 spotted as well

How did it take me this long to realize the title says “tanknology”

1 Like

spot on

i’ll see what i can spot there and i’ll try make some pics too

1 Like

hungarian Kf-51 EVO?

Definitly not, its a leo 2a4 chassis and rheinmetall isnt allowed to use that one.
Besides that looks like 130mm while the EVO os 120mm

wait so…
thats a leo 2A4 chassis… (which theyre not allowed to use?)
…with a rheinmetall kf-51 turret… (with a probably 130mm?)

so…

thats the thing it doesnt look like a KF51 turret. The KF51 still has this kind of Arrowhead design that this turret is lacking

This turret looks eerily like a challenger turret.
That being said best guess it might be a new leopard 2a4 upgrade package just like the revolution

2 Likes

should mention as well, the KF51 is on its way as well

2 Likes

KF-51 panther models?

Kf-51 130mm

Kf-51 HERO 120

Kf-51 EVO

no pictures yet?

whatever the heck this thing is...

Me: feels relatively proud Serbia managed to make a competitive tank at all

Meanwhile Germany for no reason:

2 Likes

i am sad they didnt put the 130mm on the advanced technology demonstrator

3 Likes

wait a sec…

wait…

bro the turret is the same…

1 Like

i mean look at it, it just wants MORE, it would be heavy as duck at that point still it wants more

Spoiler

2 Likes

i have no idea honestly, looks a bit different to me but, either way we will see in 13days