Rework on the israeli tech tree

I really hope and want to believe that you are right.
But my patience is running out

That bothers me too, they can simply put them in the Israeli tech tree as unlockable vehicles, at the end of the day it’s a simple copy and paste, just put the Merkava 1, the Merkava 2 and 3 together.

1 Like

As far as I understand it they generally don’t want to add event vehicles to other tech trees to keep them “unique” to the tree they were originally added.
That’s what happened with the Merkava Raam Segol: the 3D was already present in the US tree so they had to go around and find an alternative for Israel. Same with the 2B, with the US one being slightly better (more armour and .50 cal).

Yeah, same here.
At least they accepted a few interesting suggestions in the past few months, which hopefully indicates that they are looking at different types of vehicles.

1 Like

Well, that’s a bit stupid on the part of the devs, since if they make a copy and paste in the Israeli teck tree, they are not eliminating the ones that are in the American tech tree, those are still events. The only thing I can think of The thing is that this will cause fewer people to want to buy them on the market, which would lower the price, so gaijin would not make extremely easy money. In short, extreme greed.

1 Like

The M51 at 6 BR could have at least have different versions like the version with no dorsal MG and a missing crew member so they would be repeats but no identical repats and not plain old copy paste either.
It would be a kind of half way compromise like the Cobra King which is a fancy repeat of the E8 jumbo really but kind of works.

1 Like

Hence they gave the US as event vehicle the most mass produced MBT in Israeli history?

1 Like

Some suggestions are over a decade past “acceptance” or confirmation so I wouldn’t count on that.

2 Likes

What do you mean only 1 vehicle has been added since Winds of Change? Just from memory later additions were Rochev, M109, Giraf, Magach 7C, Chaparral, TCM-20, Merkava 3 and there were more.

Sure no Eitan, Achzarit, Sholef, Namer or Pereh that I would prefer too, but hardly only one addition.

Mostly copy paste with a different look. Compare that to the main trees and see.
The point is that they didn’t add what was really needed.

1 Like

My definition of a new tank is:

1. Not copied from another tree and is added solely to Israel or added to Israel first.
  2. Adds any new mechanic or gameplay that isn’t generic MBT.

Chaparral, Giraf, M109 etc - all copied from other trees. Magach 7C has a somewhat different model, to a limited extent, but does not count because it’s not considered a playable vehicle.

Yes

At the time there was not even a mention of an Israeli tree coming to the game.
So back then even a Merkava 1 or 2 were something new.
The problem is how Gaijin is dealing with similar/identical vehicles in more than one tree, especially when they are from events.

Yeah, like being able to buy the M-51 without having to have rank IV French, Russian, British, or US tanks. I just want that sweet sweet merkava. Is the 2D worth buying?

It is a solid tank.

Unfortunately it has no lineup at 9.7. Either you take 9.3 tanks to its BR or the closest vehicle is the Chaparral at 10.3 and Merkavas 3 at 11.0.

I hope they’ll fix these BR gaps because the 9.0/10.0 range is a bit of a mess with several nations.

What copy-paste? There hasn’t been a copy-paste addition to Israel in quite some time.
Most of the ground is unique vehicles.
And air still has unique additions.
Helicopters you have 2 unique Apaches, a unique Blackhawk, MD500…

@Zucc_Boi
Chaparral wasn’t in the game before its addition to Israel.

literally last major update.

And this coming one:

F-16D isn’t in any other tech tree.
Zerstorer 45 also isn’t in any other tech tree, nor Israeli.

1 Like

what part of “almost identical” don’t you understand?

1 Like

An opinion. F-16C and D are still separate airframes despite sharing a majority of parts.

@Zucc_Boi
My name is Alvis, and I don’t develop video games.