Responding to the Severe Damage feedback & release time

In which i got 100% when he got killed.

Most of the time i have Severe damage, it either crash or got " stealed" giving me the missing reward,…

I don’t know what you’re on about, because current system ain’t problematic.

You cant see what what i am saying, believe what you want. But i play 50 matchies a day and notice things. The damage system has been changed as well

1 Like

Either you are 10 years old or you are a veteran… :-)

I mean you haven’t played a single match between October 2018 and January 2024 - so imho you missed very interesting times.

Nvm - impressive number of arcade matches.

Have a good one!

Thunderskill extract

diadochi -T4H-

prefers arcade mode

Update statistics

Player vehicles

Last stats update: Jan 26, 2024, 5:38:59 AM, compared with Oct 15, 2018, 12:45:38 AM

All countries Britain France Germany Italy Japan USA USSR

2 Likes

Because there is NO problem with that,…

The severe damaged aircraft have close to no chance to go back to base:
Crash → this become a kill → 100% reward (instead of Critical hit as before)

Killstealed → this become a kill → 100% reward (not the 40% Assist reward+Critical hit)

If by miracle, it got back to base → you recieved 80% of a kill, instead of a CRITICAL HIT.

And then it become even better as he repaired and come back in the fight, you can have 180% out of 1single guy

You loose NOTHING compared to previous system,… it’s the most FAIR reward change since 2013,…

When did the mechanic go wrong? was it wrong three or four years ago? I never noticed any problem when I started out .

I’m saying this one is better than previous ones, as it makes it less frustrating to get killstealed.

Yes but if you weren’t destroyed and survived then there is no kill. Every loss is vital and if you somehow hang on until the end of the battle then that is important to any player surely? Am I right in assuming that a badly damaged but alive player is considered dead at the end of the game? Thats terrible and wrong. I must be getting this wrong surely.

Yes. I have been in process of landing and then game ends

2 Likes

And it’s the ONLY problem, as i told already, for various reason.

But tell me how many players being several damage will fly 20 minutes, without being undetected, unscathed by some killstealer or didn’t tried to land for repair?

If the guy repaired, the severe damage effect is no longer on duty.

So only a guy that is likely severe damaged in the last 5 minutes is potentially having this feature ending up to kill him.

Clearly, this feature will add problems to people able to survive all game long and got severe damaged right before the end.

→ the Rest of the Change is on my PoV, perfect.

Are you absolutely sure on this bit?

Just more Gaijin stupidity. They just can’t help it. Its like we have robots making the game for humans. So we struggle our tits off to stay alive and stop the enemy getting a kill and us gaining the penalty and they just kill us off any way?

That is a BIG problem. We are here to play a game not roll around in an ocean of fake SL.

Read me, boy, we are on same page about that part of feature.

1 Like

lol ,OK

Are you absolutely sure about this but ?

If you would have tried to read and understand my post #127 you would not create such nonsense posts.

Extra for you:

1. The planes which on which you now score a severe damage with 80% of the SL reward were clean kills (=100%) before they introduced this new mechanic.

2. That means that now you might lose 20% as more planes can be stolen than before.

3. The only positive effect is therefore just happening when you compare the SL rewards for an assist (= 45%) and severe damage (=80%) - but this comparison is braindead as currently severe damaged planes were declared dead (=100% reward) in the past.

Edit: 45% SL in Air RB for assists taken from battle summaries.

I do not even waste my time to debunk your BS regarding severe damaged planes near the end of the match, but this:

…is, no offense, the biggest BS i have seen for a long time.

I kindly ask you to stop spamming this thread with pure nonsense - if you are unable to read and to understand complex topics, i feel sorry for you.

2 Likes

I cant see gaijin giving 80% then 20% twice, @Cpt_Bel_V has now confused me

Where is the offical link for the new severe damage mechanic,i need to read it and links are sending me around in circles

This is very interesting, because I have to admit I missed this. I’m not a native English speaker, but I also don’t know the technical details of the plane (I never needed this for anything).

The nicest picture of parts and explanation I found:

Spoiler

Airplane Parts and Function | Glenn Research Center | NASA

The destruction of the horizontal stabilizers in the old system was never considered the destruction of the plane in War Thunder. In fact, I don’t remember this part having any effect on the plane’s performance. I had it “destroyed” (black) many times in the past and I could just ignore it, as long as elevators weren’t black as well.

So I’m pretty sure this condition was moved from a “critical hit” to “severe damage”. But in my opinion, this change doesn’t even make sense. If a part has no significant impact on performance, how can it be considered severe damage?

I wonder if this is actually a bug in the game’s damage model. Because if these horizontal stabilizers are destroyed, shouldn’t they be torn out of the plane? From what I noticed, currently they can only be torn off, when elevators are also black. This is something very strange, especially since the elevators are attached to the vertical stabilizers.
Maybe the devs didn’t want planes to lose pitch control too easily, but then why consider destroyed vertical stabilizers as severe damage? I just don’t get this part.

4 Likes

What if you are nursing a badly damaged plane home with good piloting skills and the game ends? That is the game’s fault not yours? You should get a well-earned reprieve not a death and a reward to an enemy who failed to kill you.
Should logic not reign supreme here not some baffling long winded reward scheme?

3 Likes