Responding to issues regarding dev server reports & an update on spall lining armor from the developers

the pen of the slpprj m/95 is pretty bad could sweden get a new shell in this or soon coming updates

Yeah, Russia (as always, and I guess China) and Japan (hey, finally) are coming out on top. US gets the worse variant of its own fighter like the Swedes. Germany and Italy have nothing so far. And France, UK, and Israel are keeping their head above water. Not a great update in my opinion.

i agree

I can only repeat myself.

Why did the Tetrach Mk I after the same kind of report that i did get the improved turret traverse of 16°/sec of the Daimler AC Mk II, while the Pz III Ausf. B-J still have the abismally slow traverse of 6.0-5,5°/sec unlike the 14°/sec other Pz III Ausf. J1-N? (on the Dev server)
Pz III Report

Tetrach report

Espeically cince they are so low in Rank and Br where such is very important, the Pz III Ausf. B is perhaps the absolute worst Reserve tank, and Germany is the only nation with 3 Reserve Tanks, because they are so bad with the Turret rotation speed for new players.

(And another not accepted Pz III report because “Duplicate” which however is the same as the Tetrach report https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Vz8iGY3wm6Fw )

I agree.

I don’t think an entire non-rigid coating over the crew compartment would be “destroyed” across the board after having a 30mm diameter hole punch through it!

Maybe if they implement it in a segmented way, kinda like ERA, it could make sense; or with a degradation system, kinda like Battleship armor… but having the entire coating be destroyed after being hit once? Not really.

2 Likes

May I ask- can this matter be addressed?

With over 1,400 voters, 110 comments, 5,000 views and 250 likes in 24 hours, I believe it’s a matter that is long overdue and major concern of the Top Tier playerbase community;

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/we-must-end-the-stock-heatfs-situation-for-top-tier-mbts-do-you-agree/51751

It has also come to our attention that some MBTs have got stock APFSDS on the Dev Server; is this intentional and are there plans to do that for every Rank VII-VIII MBT? If that’s the case, it would be amazing news; worthy of being considered one of the best changes in 2023 along with the roadmap changes!

10 Likes

Some Bugs will be already known… so… “Not A Bug”…

As explained they will be reviewing the system for better Tags to help avoid miscommunication and or better explain the situation

Well… it is in its name… “Dev Server”

It is one of the Development Servers that they upload a patch or content patch up to before rolling it out on to the Live Server

So, for us the Dev Server is normally closed for… well… for Development purposes, such as Developers testing things before going live

So, the Developers open the Dev Server for the Public to get a first hand look at things to come, it never means that it represents the final product

Something like 75% - 95% of Bugs will be known to them, at times Staff will ask for Feedback about certain content that they want the Public to take a closer look at to help test things out

So, for the most part, when the Dev Server is opened to the Public, it is primarily for a First Hand look at content to come

Many things will have a Place Holder Flight Models and or Place Holder game play mechanics/mechanisms… and that is when false Bug Reports come in, because the Developers know it is a Place Holder FM, and or the game play mechanics/mechanisms are bugged out or just plan not finished

Devs tend to use a FM that is somewhat close and already exists… so, for example they may copy paste a F-4 Phantom II Flight model on to something that had similar performance for the time being

2 Likes

Best to PM a Tech Mod and they should be able to advise

1 Like

Roger! If there isn’t more clarity or announcements about it in the following hours, I may indeed contact a tech mod.

What makes me wonder whether this is intentional or not is that some tanks got stock APFSDS, but others haven’t got it; and, since there hasn’t been any announcement thus far, I am not sure what the plans are right now (if there are any and this isn’t a bug of some kind).

1 Like

The only logical solution to this problem…

I can understand that, generally information can be slow in / around the First Dev Server / Weekend… and more info is given out during the next week

Thats why its best to PM Tech Mods, they will be more in the know of what is / what isnt a bug, or if something is of concern that has not been noticed etc… sorta thing

Proof of this is that many bugs and issues are being addressed, updated and corrected in real time!

I would like to have updated patch notes too, but I guess we will get that later.

So far, among today’s changes, I could say;
-F-15A’s wing rip issue is being solved.
-F-15A got its cockpit model.
-Leopard 2A7V got its missing internal composite side armor
-Leopard 2A7V’s mass was corrected.
-New map runway issued fixed

Etc. This is what dev servers are for, as you said, after all!

3 Likes

Good idea!

I will contact a Tech Mod and share their reply for clarification, with their permission.

EDIT: PM sent! Let’s now await for his reply.

1 Like

Does this mean CV90s get their spall liner now

Then add to the list of report classification instead of (Not a bug) add (Information forwarded) (Dev’s aware) etc so there’s actual clarification of what’s happening, this post may update the community today but the game is constantly gaining new players, unless you change the was bug reports are acknowledged this issue will come up again within afew years.

1 Like

Appreciate the clarification - just a suggestion, should there maybe be a new marker to say “report acknowledged, not actionable” or something along those lines? it appears people are getting annoyed because there’s no distinction between “not a bug” and “yeah that’s unintended/placeholder but we don’t have sufficient evidence to change it/please try and find more evidence”

i personally am very frustrated seeing some bug reports with decent secondary sources getting rejected for a “not a bug” when it’s very definitely incorrect behaviour.

kind regards,

We’ve been talking about Daimler/Tetrarch turret speeds and the problems with them here for literally years, and you think it’s your bug report from a few weeks ago that’s done something about them? Given that yours has no sources and many of the others in the past did? (https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/460553-same-turret-different-rotation-speeds-on-daimler-and-tetrarch/&tab=comments#comment-8313359). Yeah, I’ll wait for the attribution in the changelog on that, sorry.

1 Like

I got sources, and also had been doing the reports for the last years allready on the old Forum. And i didnt do the Tetrach Report. But often stuff gets fixed in the next major after an approved report, or pretty much never. The Tetrach was fixed shortly after that report, now on the Dev.

Exactly !

yes they do