Removing CAS from ground wouldn't hurt SPAA

I’ve seen this argument against people asking to remove or nerf CAS planes, but like - half if not majority of SPAA’s is more useful against tanks than planes.

3 Likes

Why should I put an SPAA in my lineup when I can use a more effective tank?
As a reminder.
Effectiveness means doing the right things.
Efficiency means doing things right.

Can you fight tanks with a SPAA? Yes, is it the right thing to do in a case where there is no threat from aircraft? No.
At most for the fun of the challenge. But if you’re sensible and want to help your team, you wouldn’t use SPAA in the lineup if there are no planes.
Yes, there are a few exceptions that can fight tanks well. But these are actually few and if I had the choice I would always favour a real tank.

2 Likes

In this tank game, anti-aircraft guns are designed to shoot at tanks. Only a few people know the true purpose of anti-aircraft guns. And shooting at ground targets requires much less skill than shooting at air targets…

1 Like

No they are not. You just never used them against airplanes. Typical “remove cas” virgin.

7 Likes

CAS requires even less skill, so what’s your point?

2 Likes

I haven’t flown, I don’t know. But airplanes that don’t require takeoff and landing as a prerequisite, really don’t require any special skills.

Not German SPAA which had pen values nerfed to hell (unhistorically). Strangely it struggles most with USSR tanks now.

1 Like

Gaijin isn’t going to remove CAS from Ground Battles. CAS access encourages Ground players to purchase Air premiums.

ZA-35

Why do you continue to pretend as if a lot of SPAA don’t double as very effective tank destroyers?

Because the lvkv 9040 is an absolutely trolly vehicle that can be just as effective as a tank killer as it can be a plane killer.

Okay yeah that’s just 1… sorry, I’ll be quiet now :)

There are more for sure. But the average player will never try … luckily

What they should do is make shooting down aircraft as rewarding, if not more so, than destroying tanks to encourage players to play SPAA to cover from CAS. Also, they could buff and/or decrease the BR of the SPAA that are struggling at the moment. They could also actually listen to the open Western sources on Western MANPADS missiles rather than use Russian data on Russian MANPADS missiles to decide how good they are, even if they increase the BRs of the Western MANPADS vehicles to keep them balanced.

4 Likes

Me in my Type 81: “ah yep”

4 Likes

Ever tried looking up and pulling the trigger?

but my radar didn’t see it

3 Likes

‘cas virgin’ detected.

whatever the ‘virgin’ part is supposed to mean

1 Like

Well, you tried…

Why sould i put an SPAA in my lineup when i can use a more effective fighter?
As a reminder.
Effectiveness means doing the right things.
Efficiency means doing things right.

Cas you fight CAS with a SPAA? Yes.

Then why do they have AP belts? Both in game, AND historically.
SPAAs were used against infantry for example.
A reminder the Flakbus, or the Pz Sfl 4 were multi purpose.

You won’t provide evidence, right?!

Yeah, because insulting helps a lot.

Okay, what br should the ozelot be without cas?

3 Likes

This.

I’ve done it a few times where I’ve spawned an SPAA as first spawn, survived and entire game with it and took down 7 planes and still ended up bottom third of the score list because you don’t really pick up assists, and you aren’t really going to be capping much with something like a Roland or ItO 90. (On the other hand the Lvkv 9040C has been interesting in that regard).

You also walk away with naff all SL and RP.

2 Likes

Strela, Type 93, Ozelot, Chaparral, etc
:|

5 Likes