Remove the useless Soviet/German additions to the Italian tree!

DO NOT ADD THE 2S1, T-72M1, BTR-80, ZSU-57-2, OR LEO 2A4 TO THE ITALIAN TREE!!!

No one who plays Italy wants these, only tree rushers who barely play it or those who’ve never touched the Italian tree do! This is completely ridiculous! If you want to play as the Eastern Bloc Hungarians, go play the Soviet tree!

People have asked for UNIQUE Hungarian vehicles in the Italian tree, and Gaijin have done so! We very much appreciate this! The Zrinyi, Turan, Lynx, those are unique as Hungary either created or is the sole operator of them, and they are beautiful additions to the game!
HOWEVER, NO ONE WANTS THESE POINTLESS SOVIET COPY-PASTES! NO TO THE 2S1, T-72M1, BTR-80, ZSU-57-2, OR LEO 2A4!

The ZSU-23-4 is the only one with a place in the tree out of just these additions, as a Radar-equipped SPAA, because you haven’t added some of the vehicles you yourselves have passed for consideration. (Very good examples: Suggestions Passed to the Developers - April 2023 - Notice Board - Announcements & Information - War Thunder - Official Forum and OF-40 SPAA (Cheetah PRTL) - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum) If these weren’t considerable to be added, they shouldn’t have been passed.

Do not make a mockery of the Italian tree, and soon every tree, by adding vehicles for every contrived justification you can think of! We do not want these, we do not need these, only one of these Soviet/German vehicles you have suggested will truly fill a gap! There are Italian additions for these supposed gaps around every corner!

(Similar topic! Should Gaijin add Hungarian helis? )

• Remove the useless T-72, Leopard 2, ZSUs, and BTR!
  • Keep them
0 voters
35 Likes

Gaijin has become incapable of creating a tree or sub-tree without copying and pasting, and is looking to work as little as possible in order to deliver content as quickly as possible. The problem is that this is unprofessional. I don’t know much about Hungarian mechanized history, but I’m sure there were enough local vehicles.

15 Likes

I personally believe that they want to fix supposed “gaps,” in the Italian tree, when this is a fool’s errand so to speak. The unique Hungarian vehicles present new playstyles that synergize with the Italian tree, rather than create new lineups!
For example, Turan II with the M14/41 presents you with a slower platform with high velocity 47mm gun and a much more mobile low velocity 75mm gun, while they have similar armor. It’s a nice decision to have, depending on what map you get. Another good example is the Zrinyi I and StuG. Same gun, but StuG has better armor and worse mobility, so for long range maps you might pick the StuG, while for urban maps you can use the Zrinyi’s mobilty to your advantage.

3 Likes

But imho Italy is the least nation which has a shortage on light top tier worthy vehicles and tbh, on light autocannon vehicles and wheely boys in general. It already has a good IFV, countless wheeled light tanks and last patch it got the Freccia with Spikes.

4 Likes

Since the missile changes, the Dardo and 80/30 haven’t been the best to use. While it’s true they gave us the Freccia, I think the Lynx with the 30mm gun is a good addition aswell. I personally prefer the slow-30mm over the fast 25mm.
Regardless, It’s something Hungary is currently the only operator of, thus it’s a unique addition. As for all the arguing over Germany getting one, I don’t particularily care whether they do or don’t. Maybe if people make enough posts they’ll get it, just how I hope this post causes a change.

Imagine Gajin would have added the Australian export Abrams to GB instead the US, the community would have never accepted this. Or the Challenger 2E to some random nation cause of subtree policy. Ger should have gotten it, since hungary isn’t ingame as standalone nation.

5 Likes

Fair enough I suppose, but all this talk about the Lynx isn’t really the point of my post.

+1

2 Likes

i AGREE

2 Likes

Depends on how the fight over the Kf41 Lynx ends, if it gets instantly added to germany it would be copy pasta germany as well and should be deleted lile you said, personaly i prefer that germany gets the KF41 1-2 patches later w8nce i see how it is the star of the hungarian tree

This OF-40 would like to tell you something.

16 Likes

I really hope Gaijin adds Tiger, and Panther G for Italian TT, especially when Hungary is added, like Sweden adds stugIII and KV1B.

Gaijin: Nah man.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what is the connection between Italy and Hungary ? I can’t shake off the feeling that someone accidentally misplaced Romania and Hungary.

7 Likes

Both were German Allies, same as Finnland. But Gajin doesn’t care.

3 Likes

Panther sure, the rest of the copy-paste vehicles? No thanks. None of these Soviet tanks, no 2A4, no Tiger.

Italy has been planned for years to be the “Italy + Minor Axis + Mediterranean” tree. It’s why we have the Romanians, Hungarian, Portuguese, Spanish, and some Turkish vehicles.

Modern Hungary is not Axis state neither mediterranean.

2 Likes

Okay and? Neither is modern Italy an axis nation… so what’s your point?

Also mc205v sent me the link to the topic for this OF-40 Cheetah, in case anyone else hasn’t seen it: OF-40 SPAA (Cheetah PRTL) - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

1 Like