Remove QN506 from 9_2 Sim battles

Well just for knowledge reasons so we know what we can call each other in future @Pacifica is this considered offensive or can we call each other these words?

Yeah, @Pacifica, can you moderate this topic so we can avoid the off topic that @simbadumba is constantly doing?

1 Like

Disagreement is not offtopic.

2 Likes

This is you btw

Just some friendly advice: I do not think what others say is off-topic simply because they are giving counterarguments to your point; instead, I think you should check your manners around here instead of calling others “shit talking”.

3 Likes

Modern SIM Ground Force isn’t BR based, it is technological based.
This rule applied since this mode existed, 9_2 (the specific bracket this post is about) in principle doesn’t have any SAM, AAM, laser guided AG ammunition, nor F&F missile.

Mistakes happened in the past, like israel Super Mystère/Sa’ar variants being added in 9_2 while being equipped with Aim-9b or Shafrir 2. Those have being removed a short time after.

QN506 is breaking this “rule”, using long range F&F missile, litterally deleting anybody who dares using helicopters on NATO side, it is almost impossible to detect launch, can’t outrun it (unless you find a piston driven helicopter going at 600kph), and since missile trajectory is the same as a Javelin, it will deny your attempt to hide behind some cover because it will fly and keep lock above you.

The only way to deny QN502CDD missile is to fly close enough so the same qn506 can pop you out of the sky with IRST gun aiming.

2 Likes

@EddyXX what if we agree to disagree?

I’ve edited the main post with more detailed information.
The discussion will continue with a more serious argument from here.

Delete qn from 9_2? Seriously?

1 Like

Yes. It would be OK with other FnF carriers in 10_2

Ok, then with him must be removed such vehicles like: a32, bo 105, sergeant York, veak 40 and alpha jet.

1 Like

Do any of these has FnF missiles ?

Well do a legwork and write down reasoning why those should go away like EddyXX did qith the QN…

Because of op nato planes and helis. Reds don’t have anything similar. Or do you want to win Soviets by one finger?

1 Like

Can you be more specific ?
Because I have quite a lot battles in 9_2 and win rates of participating vehicles are oscillating around 50%, so that bracket is more balanced then some tend to represent.

Soviet win rate in sim is always higher than NATO in 9_2/10_2, check main post stats of the QN506 player.

im just throwing it in there its none of the vehicles used its modern-ish stuff crammed into a map and game mode design meant for 2014 ww2 tanks NOTHING in that regard was considered for post ww2/coldwar tanks etc

playing some of the other non tank modes custom ground matchmaking a bit of all most of the complaints including mine years ago ingame have been map size and largely its mode with one cap point small maps being usually the most griped about combo (half the time you are actually in sight of the enemy spawn you see them IE sinai domination#2)

you guys bring up ranges and altitude etc which is yet another thing thats consistently brought up in threads here

for one second think about it this isnt some engagement in a match this barely moving out of spawn 3/4 of the time for air water and land and wondering why the 360 no scope barrel roll didnt stop some tanks never had missile etc

1 Like

And still, nato has much stronger vehicles that shouldn’t be there.

Hmm, maybe because only skilled players want to play soviets there?

1 Like

Every vehicule you mentioned are indeed efficient under skilled hands, however you forgot that those vehicules can still miss their shots, getting evaded, and for all, use at best manually guided weaponry, those have weakness that can be exploited easily. At the end their performances highly depends on the player aiming and spotting skills versus opponent capability to spot and deal accordingly to the threat.

QN506 is game breaking because at the second you have launched a QN502 at the target (specifically helicopter), no skill will be required, no error will be made, the server takes over missile trajectory, and in most of the case it won’t miss.
It is the only vehicule in 9_2 where human factor can be nullified.

Totally agreed. Helicopters have been essentially wrecking ground simulator battle for ages, especially with the EC-665 Tiger UHT, which point-click-delete enemy vehicles with impunity for the most part back then. I do not think a robust counter will hurt too much.

4 Likes

Lets stick to the topic shall we?
There is no UHT in 9_2, nor other FnF carrier except QN506 and that is what is a point here.

Strangely lately there in an influx of player who does not play 9_2 or even barely plays a SIM at all, but they are adamant that helis needs to be punished at all cost. In this case by QN506.
So I ask a gain why neraly identical vehicle to QN506, Vilkas is not in 9_2 rotation as well ?

1 Like