Remove QN506 from 9_2 Sim battles

In the 9_2 Sim Ground (50’s and 60’s, you can check sim lineups here: WTLineup), the QN506 doesn’t fit right because it is a modern 2010’s vehicle at 10.0 BR, fire and forget missiles and thermals. As a helicopterist, I can explain why it outperforms any NATO helicopter (7.7/9.0 BR), and it looks like it is also very efficient on other tanks in this sim range.

• Thermals and ATGM performance: At this BR, not a single NATO helicopter has thermals. (The only one is the Z-11WA, 8.7, chinese as the QN506). Having thermals is crucial because it makes it easy to identify the threat, so it forces you to expose yourself too much for scouting. In contrast, the QN506 finds it much easier to identify helicopters and immediately engage with a fatal point and click.
    Every helicopter at this BR shoots a very slow, hard-to-control and inconsistent ATGM, while the QN506 is armed with fast-controlled rockets and fire and forget.
    This is an example: as you can see, the QN506 has been spotted, but losing contact for a moment makes it blend in with the envoiroment, making it impossible to survive his engagement. Even if engaged, the helicopter missile would probably not make it in time. In this case, the QN201DD is a SACLOS with a range of 4km at a speed of 450 m/s. Meanwhile, the helicopter was shooting AS-11 with a range of 3.5 and a speed of 220 m/s.
  • QN502CDD performance: It has an 8km range, except for the Wasp AS.12, which has a range of 7 km; other NATO helicopters at this BR have a range from 2 to 3.75 km. The QN502CDD has a range of 8 km, which can only be surpassed by the KA-50, KA-52, and MI-28NM with Vykhr, which is top-tier Russian. It is a fire forget, so no real skill is needed, and the flight model is extremely powerful; no matter how low you fly behind trees, it will always track you and never miss. The only way to avoid like this by flying low is to take cover behind a building or rock, but this requires a lot of pilot skill and obviously the envoiroment on your side.
    It actually can be dodged, but it is something you will never do in a battle because you must fly high enough (and so keep you exposed to every AA) in order to have the energy to perform a precise evasive maneuver at the very precise moment with a very agile helicopter, and you must also be aware of the incoming missile, something that neither top-tier RWR tell you correctly; indeed, they advise you of the incoming missile in the last second, making it useless (and at 9_2 Sim only A.109 and the HKP9A have the RWR, but I don’t know if they are good enough to detect this missile).
    The only true way to avoid it is to keep your distance.
  • This is an example of what it looks like to play an 8.7 helicopter against a efficient QN506 player on flat, open maps:
    The player in question played this vehicle all night, making it impossible to provide the already poor CAS that this helicopter can perform, and as you can see from his stats, this is very efficient even against tanks and with a 80% win rate; maybe it is too much? I personally feel something broken in this.

Also so many times happen that it will absorbe random damage, making it very hard to kill even with Hellfires at higher BR:

I can understand that facing helicopters can be frustrating, but I think this is just too much.
I would like to discuss this without bias or random CAS hating, thank you.

17 Likes

这个建议对于一个有QN502的人来说是非常不友好的,因为QN502除了打直升机外一点作用都没有了,速度慢不灵活,机枪口径太小,火箭弹在10.0以上毫无作用,导弹只有4发,对地攻击时太受地型限制,不能直接引导发射,只能锁定后发射(而且需要对方漏出70%以上部位才能锁定),所以失去了很多攻击机会。就只剩下对空了,但导弹飞行速度太慢,只能对空中飞行非常慢目标起到作用。如果再减弱对空作战能力,它去9.0以下才合适。这个建议对于一个有QN502的人来说是非常不友好的,因为QN502除了打直升机外一点作用都没有了,速度慢不灵活,机枪口径太小,火箭弹在10.0以上毫无作用,导弹只有4发,对地攻击时太受地型限制,不能直接引导发射,只能锁定后发射(而且需要对方漏出70%以上部位才能锁定),所以失去了很多攻击机会。就只剩下对空了,但导弹飞行速度太慢,只能对空中飞行非常慢目标起到作用。如果再减弱对空作战能力,它去9.0以下才合适。[quote=“EddyXX, post:1, topic:48121, full:true”]
In 7.7/9.0 range sim engagements (50’s and 60’s), the QN506 is a modern vehicle with 10.0 BR, fire and forget missiles and thermals, and I can explain why it outperforms any NATO helicopter.

1. Thermals: At this BR, not a single helicopter has thermals. (Can you tell which helicopter is the exception? Z11WA, 8.7 chinese), is crucial because it makes it easy to identify the biggest threat so it forces you to expose yourself too much for scouting. In contrast, the QN506 finds it much easier to identify helicopters and immediately engage, with a fatal point and click.

2. Range: Except for the Wasp AS12, which has a range of 7 km, other NATO helicopters at this BR have a range of 3 or 4 km. The QN506 has a range of 8 km, which can only be surpassed by KA50, KA52, and MI28NM with Vykhr, which is top-tier Russian.

3. QN502CDD performance: As stated above, it has an 8km range and can easily shoot down every other helicopter in the game, save for top tier Russians. It is a fire forget, so no real skill is needed, and the flight model is extremely powerful; no matter how low you fly behind tress, it will always track you and never miss, the only way to avoid it is to take cover behind a building or rock, but this requires a lot of pilot skill and obviously the envoiroment on your side.
    It also activates MAWS too late, but the funny thing is that the majority of the helicopters at this BR are not even equipped with MAWS.

I can understand that fighting helicopters can be frustrating, but at least it’s a fair fight when you use a classic AA; fighting this light tank with helicopters at this BR is just suicide. After playing three consecutive games, I was killed six times by a QN506, and I’d like to point out that I’ve played by flaking between hills and trees rather than flying straight across the battlefield.
[/quote]

3 Likes

The forum is in English, so speak it.

8 Likes

I made a similiar post earlier in the year.

Most of the comments were ‘skill issue’.

How on gods green earth is getting missiled from 8 km’s while flying groundlevel a skill issue? :P

We got no warning system, the QN506 is from the 2000’s-2010’s. Why is it against my AH-1G made in the 60’s.

5 Likes

they should also remove fucking cv90105 from this tier
what the hell are these vehicles even doing at this rank this is ridiculous

8 Likes

its a fair fight using classic AA? what like a prem bo105 against a zsu23-4 thats what you called fair fight?
couldnt agree more dude.
its a good thing that you aint a CAS player so you dont have any problem with 81-C and 9M37M which is basiclly unflareable.

BTW to dodge the QN502CDD ,either you use a montain or somethin to make the missile lose IR track,or you keep high speed and roll while the missile straight at you like the way dodge radar missile in top tier air rb.

2 Likes

Why is a 10.0 vehicles in 9.0?

1 Like

because gaijin don’t care about simulator battles
also its funny how all these 10.0 vehicles that are at this tier are premiums/event vehicles

4 Likes

Yes it is, because if you are not good at dodging with the heli, you are a easy kill.
Instead with the QN506 is just a point and click death sentence.

Sometimes you can dodge it, but it’s almost impossible because you must do it in the right moment and you don’t have visual/MAWS awareness to use it in the peak of your already poor 8.3/8.7 helicopter performance, so you just need to be lucky.

It’s easy to talk with the bias of your nation btw.

1 Like

Spikes are extremely inconsistent so I don’t see how this means anything.

3 Likes

It was just an example but yes, Spike are incosistent because they lose tracking and they don’t do enough damage on good armored MBT, but light tanks/AA are usually oneshot for obvious reasons.
In this case that QN506 light tank tanked 4 spikes against a 11.7 helicopter, i don’t see why this tank should fight against 8.3 helicopters in simulation.

1 Like

The QN506 is an MBT with ERA on it and an unmanned turret. It is not a light vehicle, it is only classified as one. It weighs over 30 tons. It also has an internal bulkhead. It’s essentially a quasi T-72 Terminator.

There is no reason for you to speak of it, and “light tanks/AA (that) are usually oneshot” in the same breath.

Of course, it’s not a particularly good or modern MBT hull. It’s based on a T-54. It’s quite slow and handles poorly. Which is also why it’s at a more reserved Sim bracket. The only thing it does well is killing helicopters - and I think it’s quite unfair for helicopter players, who usually kill tanks out of nowhere with no hope of counterplay, to complain when the same is done to them.

The FNF missile on the QN506 is also entirely vision-based, so it’s your choice to be seen and not break vision with the missile if you see a QN506.

1 Like

It is only F&F vehicle in entire 9_2 setup. It does not really fit there and should be in 10_2 and up with other F&F slingers.

2 Likes

F&F missiles are some of the most nerfed and bricked additions into the game.
I don’t see why you’re talking about them as if they’re particularly strong.

1 Like

So give NATO side F&F vehicle as well ? For example Vilkas? What about other nations?

You basically explained how strong QN506 is, still i don’t get how a 8.3 slow helicopter with a 3.5 km range, bulky missiles and without thermals should break vision with a FNF undodgeable and impredictable missile of a light tank with an unmanned turrent and a MBT hull.

It’s pointless talking about helicopters killing tanks from nowhere because they already have their counters and they are good enough, this QN506 objectively is just too much for this BR range.

I invite you to play 8.3 nato helicopter in sim and see by yourself how many QN506 are doing this.

PS. I just saw your stats in game, your main tank in sim is the QN506 and you have 79% win rate with it.
I guess this is enough to explain my point, right?

2 Likes

So why we have CV90 105, Merkava MK2D VS T64a, T62, BMP 3/ QN506 at the best ? Only IFV can counter and balence ground battle to save URSS/CN SB. CAS is a pure Pain in this game so do you want to see aircrafts or helicopters ruining ground vehicles and just have to maintain 3km distance, it’s pretty easy to dodge AA fire.

1 Like

This is just not true, FNF missiles are exceptional against helicopters, and im talking about Spikes and PARS too, but they are 11.7 BR, we still talking about of this kind of missiles on 8.3 helicopters.

1 Like

And how is an MBT meant to predict and survive a missile hitting it from 3.5km away?
Why is it sacrilege when a vehicle can only do ONE THING WELL (the QN506 hitting helicopters), yet a helicopter killing MBTs from far away without them being able to fight back is somehow okay?

I used helicopters in sim and RB. I know how broken they are.

My main tank in sim is the QN506 and I have a 79% winrate in it - but I am also objectively a better player than you, and I play in a squad, not by myself. I only play with a full squad of friends.

3 Likes

Spikes are not 11.3. The Vilkas and Freccia are 10.3. And the QN506 is 10.0.
They’re also MUCH faster and superior platforms to the QN506. The QN506’s main advantage is just being able to kill helicopters. And it should kill them.

1 Like