Removal/Replacement of the French Tech Tree Consultant

yea wee need this guy to be replaced , enough is enough , if he doesn’t know how to do it’s job then he should just leave

All of them crap. They make British vehicles much worse than their irl performance.

At least France gets functioning aircraft.

3 Likes

well at least you get tanks

Only after they got bug reported dozens of times

2 Likes

Are you sure? Last I’ve heard the British phantom had no drag on the gunpod for months making it a lot better than it should. Was the last major thing I’ve heard on them

As for French aircrafts,… they all are far from IRL perfs.

I didn’t mean it as a competition guys. Just that GJN screws over all nations besides Russia/China.

2 Likes

Yeah no worries. I don’t say there never are issues for other nations but they’re not quite as game breaking as having over half the tree incorrect with no real response other than “live with it”. Imagine the Challenger 2s only had paper Armor on the turret (which is their strongest Armor with Chobham) that gets penetrated by tanks far below them with ease. Leclercs composite in the upper part of the hull can be penetrated by Rookikat 76mm APFSDS even from some distance. Probably some even lower BR Swedish tanks with their APDS can too

No need to imagine - the turret has a massive hole in the armour around the barrel/breech which is armoured irl.

I know they also shaft the Leclercs.

1 Like

The Leclerc’s are just all screwed up, it’s not even funny. The fact alone that we’re getting a 4th Leclerc and still have yet to receive a new shell for them… Like sure, the F1 isn’t a bad round, but France is the only NATO country in-game that doesn’t get a shell with over 600mm of pen, even the Ariete’s were given DM53 despite not firing it(not complaining, I play Ariete’s as well so I don’t mind that change too much). Meanwhile France has plenty of options for a new shell such as the F1B or F2 round that they actually used and just can’t get anything it seems…

But add onto the fact that the Leclerc’s still have an ahistorical autoloader reload that they refuse to fix and the fact that for some reason they seem to think all the Leclerc’s have the same armor as the original S1 is completely stupid.

And that’s just for 1 family of vehicles, there’s so many problems that just take way too long to fix or refused to get fixed at all, this stupid consultant most def needs to go.

6 Likes

Non British, poorly implemented vehicles yeah. In the 2.5 years since Ixwa strike Britain has got 9 actually domestic ground vehicles (and I’m including Skink and Vijayanta), and 5 of those 9 are straight copy pastes (like CR1 DS) or minor asset changes like CR2 TES. Making 4 true additions, Khalid, Skink, Churchill NA75 and Vickers Mk 3.

And Khalids a premium so that’s 3 true tech tree additions.

France in the same period has gotten 16 ground additions, which is more than the US has got in the same time. If I apply the same fairness of non minor asset changes etc it still comes out as 12.
And they’re pretty good additions, I know there’s a lot I’d still like to see for France but I could only dream Britain being in the same position of actually getting a decent amount of tech tree vehicles.

1 Like

Fair enough but they did at least make something simple like the Churchills correct when Britain was added didn’t they? Or how long it took for France to finally get a navy which is even after this patch pretty small compared to like the Italian navy which had half their tree added in the patch after it was introduced. We have tons of vehicles that are still wrong since they went into the game like ARLs. And talking about copy paste - how many truly french additions are out of the 16? And how many are minor changes like AMX 32-105 to 32-120? The top SPAA (ItO) and tank destroyer (SK 105) aren’t even french. ItO was added with Sweden and was only decided after the first Dev server likewise with the SK 105 from the German tree

1 Like

You must be joking haha, Churchill III still missing it’s interior side armour after EIGHT YEARS. Seems they also forgot to add it on the new NA75. Cromwell’s inner turret armour was missing for almost the same time, it was only recently fixed and that makes a big difference missing half an inch of armour for so long.

12 I’d say? So since Ixwa strike in order France has got, SK-105A2, MARS 15, ItO 90M, EBR(1951), Leclerc SXXI, ELC bis (1961), VCAC MEPHISTO, M36B2, VAB SANTAL, AMX-32/105, Char 2C bis, Char 2C, AMX-30 Au F1, VBCI-2/MCT30, Leclerc AZUR and AMX-10M.

So comparing properly 2 of those are premiums, both Leclercs are minor asset changes, M36B2 is maybe copy paste but tbf France got it first. So either 12 or 11 depending on how you count that last one compared to the 3 I mentioned for Britain in my post.

Navy wise I understand but Britain had the same thing, in 1940 Britain’s navy is the most famous in the world and second only to the US yet it wasn’t added til later. France waiting so long is sad, but a big issue for naval players, but naval players are rare.

they realy just need to do 1 mayor patch were they just freaking fix stuff

Out of that list only MARS 15, Mephisto, Santal, AUF1, ELC Bis, VBCI and AMX 10M are none copy paste. EBRs share the chassis, Leclerc is more or less self-explanatory, M36 and Ito as well as Sk105 are copy paste as well as AMX 32 only has a changed gun while even retaining almost all of it’s stats (the 105 and 120 share the same reload while the 105 was advertised with shorter reload) and the Char is also somewhat copy paste. Now take into account that Britain doesn’t have someone who’s most likely paid to research as they apparently lack a consultant.

Edit this is exactly the way I did NOT want this topic to go

1 Like

Tbf AMX-32 105 is an entirely different model, so not low effort.

Spoiler

Chars are not so much copy paste, they’re maybe based on the same model but changed hull and completely different turrets and armament types? I’m not counting vehicles that use the same chassis but are massively different in use, very little difference between Leclerc’s sure but not Au F1. I’d be happy to see the 155mm Vickers Mk 3 or Challenger 1 (or even AS-90?!). But instead Gaijin added the G6, which is cool but it’s massive with a bad reload and bad speed and limited turret like a ELC Bis, but unlike a ELC Bis it’s too slow to turn properly. It’s also lacking driver thermals and Laser Rangefinder for “balance purposes” which is amusing as this patch they give Sweden a 155mm with an LRF anyway.

Edit: I notice you didn’t count AuF1 but I’ll leave it in anyway as it’s a frustration.

Yeah this is my point, someone clearly had a plan when British ground was new and the additions were very reasonable. But since then there is clearly no consultant because for at least 2.5 years British ground has been a dumping ground for vehicles they don’t know what to do with, it was comical how wrong the South African stuff was on release and as with the G6, there’s still plenty of issues. They even break the things that already worked, they seem to have accidently removed Strikers commander fire control when they switched the gunners sight one patch then swapped it back in “La Royale”. And now T-90S.

So yeah ideally there’s a trove of French vehicles I’d like to see added, but the additions it does get aren’t that off mark, they’re usually pretty decent so I wouldn’t cast away the consultant just in case it results in France getting nothing, or worse becoming a vessel for vehicles completely unrelated to France. Even by what you said 9 is a lot more than 4.

To sound a little less combative and more constructive I thought something like this would make a nice 1.0 event vehicle :)

French Colonial Armoured car

And this maybe a little higher in BR.

1 Like

The hull is AMX 40. They mix match them as much as they need. AUF 1 also used AMX 30s hull without major changes. Even if they say they make every vehicle from ground up believe me they don’t. When Leclerc S2 was added with bolt-on armor on the side it was only visual at first. There are some other cases too so I’m not sure how far this really goes

The hull isn’t AMX 40 if it was you would have 6 rollers per side

The 2 in-game AMX 32 use respectively the 1st hull and 1st turret of the program and the 2nd hull with the 3rd turret.

2 Likes

Oh my bad then. Always heard it was AMX 40s hull