“It’s deja vu all over again.”
- Yogi Berra

Another round round of drinks?

2 Likes

Hell yea, I’ll take a hot cocoa…

1 Like

popcorn

1 Like

From my pov the fellow player @Schindibee gave in various replies valid reasons why you general view on things is not valid for all scenarios.

Even in Air RB there are situations when pinging and warnings via chat need various short messages instead of a long one. And depending on the platform and settings you use the game itself requires multiple short messages in a short time span.

So if you use a joystick with SFC settings and instructor off u have severe troubles to write long sentences - as soon as you open the chat the plane control via joystick is suspended, at least on xbox.

It becomes almost impossible to write for longer than 2-4 seconds if your plane is damaged as anything longer will cause an unwanted dive or crash. You are forced to type a word or 2 and close the chat to stabilize your aircraft - and this multiple times…

So if you see the need to warn your last team mate doing something stupid like diving for a low target (as he is unaware of spottinga of the 2 approaching enemies in cloud cover) you might agree that short messages in short time frames are necessary - and not a rather stupid idea…

4 Likes

I was waiting for this.

People justifying the chat timer as if it were to “prevent racism”…

HOW IS ME TRYING TO SPOT TWO DIFFERENT HELICOPTERS WITH THE “T-6-1” “AIR” WARNING RACIST!?

Or me trying to correct a typo on a previous sentence?

Trying to reply to two different users/statements in quick succession?

Specifying when an enemy has been damaged?

INDICATING TWO DIFFERENT ENEMY POSITIONS ON THE MAP, SINCE NOT JUST COMMAND LINES, BUT ALSO MAP PINGS GET THE TIMER!?

So much to end racism, right? Because it makes a HUGE difference than people can be racist only every 10 seconds instead of at any time.

4 Likes

Can we at least remove the slow chat in squadrons? Or give the squadron leader a button to select HOW MUCH slower the chat is? Maybe an option that selects a 3 second, 10 second or 1 minute delay? Thanks!