Regarding the Hull Armor of the M1A2 SEP V3

Just… why? (Not to mention the missing top, bottom, front and side bulkheads).

fuel tanks

15 Likes

Yeah what everyone is wondering as well.

Have any news regarding the ARAT 1 and 2 being nerfed against tandem warheads and conventional ones, maybe heatfs too?

Can’t find anything regarding it’s irl specifications to bug report it…

I noticed that the onesies in game are rha, while the ones in the document are steel. Does anyone know the conversion from rha to steel? (Eg. If it is structural steel does 9mm = 25mm rha?)

Structural steel is the lowest grade in game for metal.

Sorry I meant does 9mm of rha = 25 mm of steel

Just looked it up and RHA is made out of steel, so I wonder if the bulkheads are structural steel or RHA steel although I would imagine that it is rha

RHA is a grade of steel just like structural. 25mm of structural steel is significantly weaker than 25mm of RHA

Yeah so I was wondering if 9mm rha is equivalent of 25 mm structural steel

RHA = 1.0 modifier. Structural steel is a 0.45 modifier making it more than 2x weaker.

Like maybe they just modeled the bulkheads with the equivalent in rha instead of the thickness in structural steel IF the bulkhead was made of structural steel but I don’t know if it is or not

25x.45=11.45 so I guess this is not the case. Thanks for clarifying

1 Like

They really are just screwing everything up

1 Like

It is probably labeled under one of the many aluminum values that range from 0.38 to 0.50.

Can I ask where you find the modifiers?

The wiki. Armour | War Thunder Wiki

Thanks. Have a good day

There is ample proof that this game was made solely for fans of the USSR, while everyone else serves merely as targets.

Conveniently ignoring that more and more people are posting about their high winrates in vehicles like the SEPv3 lol.

Top tier russian ground vehicles are currently getting smacked around by top tier US ground vehicles.

4 Likes

What kind of strikes? The US received nothing in this update except for anti-radiation missiles. As for ground forces, the US didn’t get anything new. The only exception is the Abrams with Trophy, but the Kh-38MT has not been a threat for a long time anyway. So it’s too late.

Just found a us version of the kh38 that we need added. The jagm f is a varient of the missle found on the ah64e that is adopted for aircraft

3 Likes