R27ER is horror

This is factually incorrect. Soviet and American missiles use broadly similar seeker types up to the Aim-9M. After which America like the rest of the world, moved towards Imaging seeker heads.

The post soviet states have yet to make the move over to imaging seekers with the exception of imports afaik. Russia has yet to demonstrate them having one, not odd given they struggled to replace their old supplier

The only thing I question is why this post riled up so many people.
People can’t post actually decent detailed evidence to explain how Stinger and Mistral should perform, just “G overload” numbers and “Xg maneuvering target” which is obviously just not as detailed as the info they have on Igla.

To my knowledge not a single bug report about AIM-7F/M has ever pointed out it doesn’t have enough range or overload, only that the missile behaves strangely sometimes or how it has a more advanced form of proximity fuze.

You only need to go into the MiG-29 and Su-27 threads on the forum to see neither planes are implemented correctly and have some pretty serious undermodelling.

It’s just a conspiracy to imply there’s any favouritism bar the evidencial one.

which is what I said, (should havea added a “these” before “sidewinders”)
but you just elaborated more on that… Cheers…

i would say that the biggest code difference is the iog-dl

1 Like

What I can think of is the hypersonic Kizhal missile. IAW Russians “super weapon” capable penetrating any air defenses.
Till some UA dudes blasted a few with Patriot. Reportedly because their speed was noticably lower then hypersonic.
So I would not say pure paper tiger, but some paramaters are qute a bit optimistics.

1 Like

2 sources were provided that can be taken with 95% certainty that the “average G” was 20-22G and was not the peak as Gaijin claims. the issue is the fact htey basically said “the IGLAN cant do it, so of course the Stinger cant do it”. Even though they are nothing alike.

I would advice checking out the original bug reporters post on this:

But in-essence. They should have 20-22G average G. but they dont because Igla data.

I dont know about Aim-7. But skyflash has a host of open Bug reports:

Spoiler

Community Bug Reporting System

So there are certainly issues with Skyflash that might have massively helped the Tornado F3 in the past 9 months. But overall. R-27ER will always be king because its about 50% faster than all other missiles in game and has DL+IOG. That is all that is needed to make it superior. I think R-27R would have been fine and all the soviets would have needed. R-27ER should have come in as a SARH option on ARH aircraft

1 Like

I mean if you know what an IIR is then you would know that it effectively introduces “no escape” Zones to Warthunder.

And there will be no counter untill we get blinding flares which will only have limited effect when rear aspect.

if I understand it correctly. They drop from Hypersonic speeds to regular cruise missile speeds in their terminal phase, making them just as easy to hit as any other cruise missile in the last part of its flight. So it cant be intercepted on route, but easy to take down over the target

1 Like

But but but TVC
Aim9x is comparable to IRIS-T and ASRAAM not R73

Didn’t mean to make that a reply

My desk fan also has TVC, so is it comparable to 9x?

2 Likes

Yup, R-73 offcourse getting the crown of being compared rather favorably to the Aim-9L in germany.

Which offcourse is not a bad feat by any means given it kickstarted the rush towards Aim-9X and IRIS-T. Allegedly anyways, idk how firm those claims actually are.

I regret the effort and time I spent here. We are worthy of the game we have is all I am going to say…

1 Like

they are capable of penetrating any Russian air defenses

They forgot about VARIANTS,…

They check the last one, which is not the one in game,…

You did when you argued for a missile that would be would beat every ir missile in the game

1 Like

So we just trust that this is pure evidence with 0 conflict of interest, right?

The way war thunder works is for some reason we should blindly trust weapon manufacturers if they show off pretty graphs. But we get a bit more skeptical (Rightly, in my opinion) when some contextless poorly explained numbers are shown (G overload and XG maneuvering target, or in tank case X billion mm pen) on marketing placards or low-detail manuals.

Military Industrial Complexes are of course world renowned and famous for always being sincere and truthful, they would absolutely never lie by omission.

For me, I’d say all sides in any conflict have it in their best interests to fabricate as much as possible. So IDK if a Khinzhal was really shot down by a Patriot.

It’s really shakey ground, bending over backwards and mental gymnastics. Not the same at all as this.

They should bump the G up more because Stinger and Mistral aren’t bang-bang, but 22g would be excessive. Gaijin also literally gave us Type-81C, so it’s not like some kind of enforced NATO suffering by the evil Russians at Gaijin headquarters (Who presumably also go “muahahaha” when they purposefully nerf wonderful and flawless NATO gear)

It is, however, extremely characteristic of Gaijin to run Britain over with a bus at just about every opportunity.

I partially agree, just that R-27R is outright worse than AIM-7M, so we’d be looking at lower BR’s for those planes. Seems Gaijin is doing their usual stuff of somewhat intentionally crippling planes using the margins of the evidence. MiG-29 and Su-27 are f*cked over so they have to rely on ER to stay at the BR they have. No idea why Gaijin doesn’t just fix those flight models and remove the ER but who are we to question their majesty.

1 Like

Yep, that is is the heart of this thread and the issue.

Gaijin suck at balancing things fairly. Fighting Su-27 in the Gripen C can be rather chore like at times (in SB)

1 Like

Lol wut. The Grippy just shits on anything it meets in both RB and SB. The HMD and 9Ms are powerful combo.

2 Likes

I can see the su27 being better in simulator as it flies better in sim a believe and the bvr is much better then the gripen

The 27 is very big and heavy missle bus. And even in sim the 27ERs have no real value as people hug ground there just like RB all the time. Its more viable to just take 6x R-73s. And even when it might turn better in sim, its just for the initial turn, then it turns into a brick. Meanwhile Gripen will out turn it at all speeds. Basically the best plane of the last update is Gripen, it have no match. I dont think any other plane in RB i seen people atleast got to 3+ K/D and 77% WR when flying solo between me and multiple of my friends.

1 Like